Phantis Forums

EL-Rof32-Leg 2: Schalke 04 - PAOK ( 22 Feb 2017, 19:00 EET )

Blackhawk

I think Warda is better than Biseswar. He is younger and quicker. He should be the starter in the big games. Let Biseswar play in the easier games. 

Henrique is fine, but Ivic should have a word with him to concentrate more on the game. That handball today was very stupid.

I was impressed with Poggouras. He preformed well under pressure in a big game. Even saved our ass at the end to keep the game tied. 

Another decision Ivic has to make is who will be Prijovic's backup. Klaus or Koulouris?

I think tonight made it cleat that had Ivic played the same formation like tonight (4-5-1), it could have been a completely different story. He showed his inexperience by experimenting in a game like that, especially against Schalke.

Good game by Warda and Mystakidis. Kitsiou and Djalma were awful today, I have never really rated Kitsiou anyway. Biseswar was also in bad shape when he came on. It seems these players are only good for the games against Platanias and Levadiakos.

Good game by Pouggouras too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Toumpa is our downfall.

• Lazarus changed the title to EL-Rof32-Leg 2: Schalke 04 - PAOK ( 22 Feb 2017, 19:00 EET )

Ivic gave away any slim chance we had in the tie with his decision to play with 3 centrebacks in both games,  something the team is not used to. The first two goals last week and today's goal came from disorganised defending. Also his persistence with Klaus and Koulouris means we're playing a man down. Better of playing a mobile player such as Mystakidis in that position than either of those non-contributors. Regardless of where we finish the year,  we need a coach who can instill a mental toughness that we're lacking. That man ain't Ivic. 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I think Warda is better than Biseswar. He is younger and quicker. He should be the starter in the big games. Let Biseswar play in the easier games. 

Henrique is fine, but Ivic should have a word with him to concentrate more on the game. That handball today was very stupid.

I was impressed with Poggouras. He preformed well under pressure in a big game. Even saved our ass at the end to keep the game tied. 

Another decision Ivic has to make is who will be Prijovic's backup. Klaus or Koulouris?

I'm inclined to agree with Warda, I just want to temper my expectations. We've only seen him three times after all. One of which was for five minutes. The difference in energy alone is very exciting to see. I think Ivic is going to use this guy a lot.

For Henrique - my concern is definitely not his skill. There seems to be a mental thing there - either he's really overexcited, or he has trouble controlling his temper. The guy is picking up cards like it's his job.

For Poungouras...what a good performance for the li'l guy. I did not expect him to look as good as he did. I'd be surprised if we don't see him a few more times this season.

And as for the last one - whichever scores first. I'd say Koulouris, personally. And in 1.5 years, Lamprou.

Only saw the first half but yes you can see from watching the game it was a back 3, with Kitsiou and Mysta playing us wingbacks going up and back.
Infact the goal we copped was because mysta was initially out of position and then was slow to react to the play just before Schopf was played in to score. That's why the Schopf was in so much space, mysta was out of position, dont really blame him its not his nautral position that stuff is gonna happen, unfortunately for us it resulted in a goal.

Even though IMO after seeing it again, we should have had a penalty moments before there goal. I thought it was a foul on mysta...

Edited by paokarag4

5 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Infact the goal we copped was cos mysta was slow to react to the play just before there player was played in to score. That's why the Schalke player was in so much space, mysta was out of position, dont really blame him its not his position

Correct...Only 1 man to blame... IVIC

Edited by kozi

On 23/02/2017 at 10:49 PM, pash said:

^ where were you during the games we won?

shhhh Pash, what we should do is sack the coach. Every time we do it, we bounce back and immediately win the next title. Especially when we do it off the back of poor performances against a team where not a single member of our starting XI would be in their starting XI.

You need to leave behind all rational thought, logic is fake news

• Like it 1