Phantis Forums

SL - R20: AO Xanthi - PAOK ( 12 Feb 17, 17:15 EET )

Blackhawk

My big concern here is that either our B team is worse than I thought, or fatigue is really starting to hit us.  Veroia and Iraklis should be games where we can rest at least some players, and I guess we can rely on Prijovic/Warda/Henrique to be rested enough for them...but we're going to look pretty thin in most positions. And we're not even half through with the below schedule.

Thankfully Pelkas will be training normally again starting on Monday, so at least the pressure on Biseswar should be relieved.

On 1/31/2017 at 2:12 PM, Blackhawk said:

It's going to be quite busy month of February for PAOK. In the next 33 day we will play 10 games in 3 competitions. Until March 5th, there will a PAOK game every 3 or 4 days. 

Here is our schedule for the next 33 days:

01-Feb: Larisa - PAOK  (SL-R11)
05-Feb: PAOK - Asteras Tripoli  (SL-R19)
08-Feb: Xanthi - PAOK  (GK-QF-L1)
12-Feb: Xanthi - PAOK  (SL-R20)
16-Feb: PAOK - Schalke 04  (EL-Rof32-L1)
19-Feb: PAOK - Veroia  (SL-R21)
22-Feb: Schalke 04 - PAOK (EL-Rof32-L2)
26-Feb: AEP Iraklis - PAOK (SL-R22)
01-Mar: PAOK - Xanthi  (GK-QF-L2)
05-Mar: PAOK - Olympiakos  (SL-R23)

Good game by PAOK. We controlled the game and Xanthi hardly managed any shots on goal. And we started the game with 7 different players from the previous game against them. the only difference was that we did not score. There is no excuse for Klaus not scoring on the chance he had.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

There is no excuse for Klaus not scoring on the chance he had.

Yep. We're still paying for the decision to not sign a striker before the season started. It's cost us 10 to 12 points. 

Thank god we signed Prijovic...hopefully he sticks around for a couple of seasons.