Phantis Forums

AEK vs Asteras Tripolis

Dikefale11

Jimenez's first game in charge, not sure how long he will have to train with the team but hopefully it will be a fresh start for the team and the players give 100% to impress.

Almeida was pretty good imo vs Panaitolikos IMO, some decent shots and did well for his goal.

The problem is the middle, who do you start? For me Johansson needs to be there full stop, that leaves 1 more position, Im not a fan of 4-3-3 as that means we play no dekari and we have more dekari's then wingers so that makes no sense. So who plays next to the Swede is the question for me. 

Simoes? Has been very average like I already stated I dont feel his head is in the right place, I have a feeling he wants to leave, I dont see the fight and push I seen last year, from what I understand he has been asked to shoot more, maybe thats why we are seeing a different Simoes, he has picked up last few games but overall has been a dissapointment.

Adjarevic? from what I understood he was a dekari but has only been played in midfield in the 4-3-3, do we have room for him in 4-2-3-1? I dont know what his best position is or even his natural one, from what I've seen so far he hasnt brought anything extra, having said that the whole team has been under performing.

Galanopoulos? The kid has been a breath of fresh air, never stops running and has 2 goals already. The thing I like most about Gala is his passion, he knows what it means to play for AEK, similar to Aravidis, we dont have many of these players unfortunately. I feel he deserves to start going by his form, he was dropped when he was on fire to make way for the new Adjarevic which is understandable but that doesnt seem to have worked as we all have hoped.

I think its safe to say Didac will be back at LB with the Spanish alliance he will have with Jimenez.

Asteras have there first shot at goal after 61 minutes by Kalstas on the near post, nice save Barkas.

On a side note its nice and refreshing to see the yellow and black jersey again used on a somewhat more usual basis.

If we win Jimenez will be the only manager in 9 years to win their first game in charge, he already holds the title of this stat having beaten Aris 4-0 away when he was first in charge, all the other managers either drew or lost their first game.

Edited by Dikefale11

Where was this effort from our players all season??? All of a sudden Johanson, Didac, and Lazaros become the players that we expected them to be. This season could have been completely different if they played like this in all of the home games. Anyways, a good performance for the first time in a month, and we need to build momentum to make the playoffs and make a cup run. Pekhart has now proven to me that when given enough time to get comfortable, he can be relied on to score. Hopefully he keeps it up when the new striker comes, and hopefully Almeida can just stay healthy and play a few games like he did on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Where was this effort from our players all season??? All of a sudden Johanson, Didac, and Lazaros become the players that we expected them to be. This season could have been completely different if they played like this in all of the home games. Anyways, a good performance for the first time in a month, and we need to build momentum to make the playoffs and make a cup run. Pekhart has now proven to me that when given enough time to get comfortable, he can be relied on to score. Hopefully he keeps it up when the new striker comes, and hopefully Almeida can just stay healthy and play a few games like he did on Wednesday. 

I think it is hard to give effort when there is a new manager seemingly every other month. Would be really nice to have some consistency at the spot for a while. Too many different voices/tactics/systems to produce good results in my opinion.

I heard the 1st half on radio and we seemed more energetic and hungrier than we have all season, good to see. Pekhart once again scoring and doing his job. Everyone was doing their job yesterday. Good result but need to keep this going and hopefully string up a good winning streak.

Big test next week away to Xanthi wont be easy but with this attitude we can get the 3 points.

Edited by Original Sydney