Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - Group Stage - R3: Panelefsiniakos - PAOK ( 14 Dec 16, 19:30 EET )

Blackhawk

Panelefsiniakos - PAOK  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the result of the game

• PAOK win
    • Tie
    • Panelefsiniakos win

Panelefsiniakos.jpg  VS  PAOK.jpg

MATCHUP:           Panelefsiniakos - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki
COMPETITION:    Greek Cup – Group Stage - Round 3
DATE:                   14-December-2016
TIME:                   19:30 EET  (17:30 GMT, 11:30 CST, 04:30 AEDT next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Elefsina – Dimotiko Stadio (1,800)
REFEREES:   
TELEVISION:       COSMOTE Sport TV (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA, Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

Panelefsiniakos - PAOK Greek Cup History:

1989-1990:  0:1 (Magdi) - Attendance: ? (Elefsina) – Group Stage – Round 4 (Away)
1978-1979:  
2:1 (Sarafis 2) - Attendance: ? (Kaftanzoglio Stadium) – Round 1 (Home)

GAMES:   2
WINS:       2
TIES:        0
LOSSES:  0

giphy.gif

I feel this game needs to be used to shake the rust off of some of our dudes, and not throw in only completely fringe players.

--Brkic--

--Kitsiou--Varela--Malezas--Giannoulis--

--Charisis--Shakhov--

--Mistakidis--Biseswar--Korovesis--

--Klaus--

Klaus, Mistakidis, Shakhov, Charisis are all way too shaky for my liking. Which could make using them all together into a recipe for disaster. But they *should* have what it takes to beat this team.

Sounds about right. The only reservation I have is Korovesis, who I feel will be loaned/released in January.

Elefsina is one of the weakest teams in Football League. we should really not have any problems with this team.

11 hours ago, pash said:

If Korovesis is to be loaned (which would be a great move), then even better (and in that case, obviously don't play him). Pelkas could use more game time, after all.

Before the game with Slovan Liberec I would've been happy to give Pelkas the role of club janitor, I was that disappointed with his lack of progress and standard in general.  But he had a really solid match and I'd be happy to give him some more game time.  Wouldn't if be wonderful if he could become consistent and become the number 10 of PAOK.

19 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

i disgaree bananas, i would get rid of him asap, he really cannot hold any poisiton, dont see him as a 6,8,10,7,11 or 9

i say he should go to beligum.... 

I don't think he's good enough, but right now I'm willing to give him a shot for the rest of the season to see if he can make it his own.  This is where the club need to firm in a good way with him and explain what they want and expect from him.  As far as the number 10 position is concerned it's realistically between Pelkas and Biseswar.  Biseswar looks worse and worse each week.  If Pelkas looks like he can't lock down the position I'd be looking in the summer to get a real number 10 and have one of Pelkas or Biseswar as the backup.

Here are the players called up for this cup match:

Βελλίδης , Σιαμπάνης , Γιαννούλης , Κίτσιου , Πούγγουρας , Μαλεζάς ,Βαρέλα , Χαρίσης , Σάκχοφ , Πέλκας , Δημητριάδης , Μπίσεσβαρ ,Μυστακίδης , Δεληγιαννίδης , Κοροβέσης , Περέιρα , Αθανασιάδης ,Κουλούρης , Ματθαίου

I really thought Thiam would be there, but guess not. I hope Pereyra gets the start.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Thiam could improve our roster.  I don't think he's even at the level to be a squad player.  Granted, he hasn't gotten many minutes but usually you can see something, glimpses, the potential of what a player can do, but he hasn't really shown anything.

Even if we win there is a good chance that we will finish in second place and as result will not be seeded in the draw for the next round.

If we win and Trikala also win, we will be tied with them. The tie breaker will the best offense, and right now Trikala have 5 goals and we have only two. This means that we should try hard to score as many goals as possible. Of course this will not matter if Larisa defeats or ties Trikala.

Here are the current standings:

ΘΕΣΗ ΟΜΑΔΑ ΑΓΩΝΕΣ ΝΙΚΕΣ ΙΣΟΠΑΛΙΕΣ ΗΤΤΕΣ ΓΚΟΛ ΥΠΕΡ ΓΚΟΛ ΚΑΤΑ ΒΑΘΜΟΙ
1 ΠΑΟΚ 2 1 1 0 2 0 4
2 Τρίκαλα ΑΟ 2 1 1 0 5 0 4
3 Λάρισα 2 1 0 1 2 3 3
4 Πανελευσινιακός 2 0 0 2 1 7 0

... or more. Depends on how many goals Trikala score in their win against Larisa. If they only win 1:0, than we need 5. If we are tied on points, and also on goals scored, then the tie breaker is who has the best defense. Currently we are tied in that event as well. So if we win 4:0, and Trikala win 1:0, we will be tied in all the possible tie-breakers. The final tie breaker is a play-off game to decide who finishes 1st. In any case, I hope Larisa at least ties Trikala and we don't have to worry about any tie breakers, assuming we beat Elefsina.

In unlikely event that we do lose to Panelefsiniakos, and Larisa beats Trikala, we will be eliminated from the Greek Cup.