Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

PAO - PAOK 12/04/2016 19:30 EET

1st game with new coach Berg seems to always have a good game against PAOK. I have no clue which team we are going to see Sunday seems g13 will not attend this game in protest.

is xouxoumis any worse than coulibaly i'd rather give him a shot if his available!...let's see what reis can do in the middle also!

: Κοτσόλη, Στιλ, Βλαχοδήμο Ο., Κουτρουμπή, Χουχούμη, Μαρινάκη, Μέστο, Μολέντο, Τελάντερ, Κουλιμπαλί, Χουλτ, Ιβανόφ, Γουακάσο, Ρέις, Λουντ, Ζέκα, Μπουμάλ, Βλαχοδήμος Π., Βιγιαφάνιες, Εμποκού, Λέτο, Ιμπάρμπο, Ρινάλντι, Μπεργκ. 

19 hours ago, Pana97 said:

Xouxou is a LB ^^^ and I think Coulibaly is actually pretty good. He killed it in the Celta game. 

let's give marinakis another shot :P..i just not convinced coulibaly is pao marterial,... :/

The indoor match I played yesterday vs a bunch of Croatians was waaaaay more entertaining then the first 40 minutes of this match... holy sh$t we suck sooooooo bad!!!! 

This game lacks talent, skill, heart, passion, sense of urgency.... it can't possibly get any worse for this team. Someone needs to "make panathinaikos great again".... 

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, ChiPao13 said:

This game lacks talent, skill, heart, passion, sense of urgency.... it can't possibly get any worse for this team. Someone needs to "make panathinaikos great again".... 

eh ... PAOK is playing deep and they are evenly matched. Actually, I think PAO was getting the ball into dangerous areas consistently the last 10-12 minutes of the half ... from a PAOK fan, I hope the 2nd half is more competitive for both sides.

^^^ still think that ball nicked somewhere that your GK never moved

team playing better after goal

ft1-0 big win for many reasons

1 hour ago, cocksta said:

Derby is a derby asta excuses about not being paid

Who cares about the result.... doesn't matter if we win/tie/lose....  there are MASSIVE problems with this team

I will say this 1st... our team has a great amount of talent... Give credit where its due...  Stramma with his slick negotiating got us a bunch of players on the cheap that we would have massively overpaid for when our finances were in order

I will stand by this.... the team has talent.. PERIOD....

However, in order for a team to preform consistently and make a race for the title, there are many more factors that have to come together in order for a team to be competitive....

First and foremost, we need to have a stable front office....  when news comes out saying that Alafouzos assests are frozen, and there were rumblings in the summer of him stepping down and players are not getting paid (some younger players havent gotten paid for 4 months).... then that spells a recipe for disaster

Second, a real attempt has to be made to clean up the officiating.... Gavro has been pushed (some games more than others) in almost every game this year...  an offside goal over here... a wrongfully discounted goal against them... a few ridiculous yellow cards to opponents and a they can run off with a 5-6 point lead very early

Not to mention, the morale of our team further worsesn and the pressures mount....

Third... the philosophy of our club is ALL WRONG... we have become so accustomed to finishing 2nd or 3rd that we don't have that championship mentality... we keep hiring players on our squad that know nothing about becoming a championship caliber team (look at PAO BC, they do well b/c they are loaded with players who are accustomed to winning)

When all those things falter (and they have massively) then our team begins to crumble....  You say its a derby so players should show up, however most of these players have no allegiance to the team or really care what a derby means...  We have only 4 players on the feam who know what a derby means (Berg, Leto, Koutroubi, Zeca).... THATS IT... well include the academy kids too....  ( you know its a sad state of affiars when I have to include the academy kids in the conversation)

Ouzonidis is a decent coach... he probably won't last... not b/c of his abilities, but b/c its impossible for him (or ANY COACH) to succeed when those 4 elements (described above) are in chaos/flux

• Like it 3

lod and moledo and zeca were excellent tonight....we need to replace coulibaly and boumal though...over all a win... not the best performance but this picks up our morale for Thursday! :)

Edited by Green Man