Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
athinaios

Trump Presidency

4 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

How are they qualified??

The Clintons have more people on the payroll.:cool:

3 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

lol no I'm not ..what makes them more qualified than Donald Trump - what qualifications do you need to become president?? Serving as a governor ?? 

one can argue that ... the clintons have already done it very successfully

another can argue ..... go read his tweets and your argument ends there  ... he is clearly unqualified

Trump does not not have the temperament to be in the political ring. He overreacts, makes amateurish mistakes. He is a business man entering the political universe and will create waves with repercussions that he just does not give a s%$#! about. He actually does it on purpose.... because he is INFERIOR ----> Intellectually he is inferior to his peers and his knee-jerk reaction style will only cause pain and suffering.PROOF:  LyinTed....LittleMarco.....CrookedHillary

Another thing you should know .... Great leaders surround themselves with Great People ...... Trump's surrounding (other than his daughter) are all idiots 

Bannon?  Conway? Spicer? --------------------------------> AMATEUR HOUR at it's finest

the USA (and the whole world for that matter) is going through growing pains and there are many issues at hand. some are self inflicted wounds.... others are not. IMO.... 

it's just like this forum here..... all you need is one cowboy to come in here with fake news, alt-facts, destroy & pillage mentality and you see the forum got to $hit. Same in the real world.

IMO ... Trump has some points. Some valid one's.... but it's not just WHAT you do...there is also HOW!!!!!!

and as for one of my other favorite words (other than pedigree) i have been reading about lately......

de·lu·sion
dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun

1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression that a WALL will stop people from coming to the land of opportunity

GrkCDN tried to patent the word.

• Like it 2

The whole "fake news" thing is getting annoying.  It is the new catch phrase from the Trump supporters if someone writes an article they don't agree about.  I have a feeling this Trump presidency is going to end ugly and it doesn't help his cause when you have Conway making up stuff and repeating it over and over and then calling it fake news.  

14 minutes ago, gyros said:

The whole "fake news" thing is getting annoying.  It is the new catch phrase from the Trump supporters if someone writes an article they don't agree about.  I have a feeling this Trump presidency is going to end ugly and it doesn't help his cause when you have Conway making up stuff and repeating it over and over and then calling it fake news.  

Liberals have been calling Fox News "fake news" for over a century.

Nothing at all has changed. The only difference with Republicans these days compared to 10 years ago is that the younger generation of Republicans have grown a pair of balls and don't take s%$#! anymore form liberals. 

Liberals are not sure what to do, so now they are retaliating in return

I think both sides need to settle down and just let Trump be the president. He's not going to go away if you block a road or smash some Starbucks windows.

15 hours ago, Bananas said:

Everyone was also going to get ice-cream but you all blew it.

But seriously, you guys have been getting out of line for a while now.  Not every post but often enough.

Picture the "discussion" you're having in.  Would you guys speak to each like that in person ?  If yes, then I'm guessing it would come to blows in short order.  To me it just looks like you're all yelling at each other.

Oh well, more ice-cream for me.

ice-cream-wallpaper-18.jpg

Very well said. Except one.... where did you get that ice cream???   I hope you didn't raid our secret stash.... Did you find the key I misplaced?

Go to Tantra's ingloo and chip some ice, add some syrup and serve!:smoke:

• Like it 1

22 hours ago, aek66 said:

all i read was that all the evil in the usa can be traced backed from today's republican party to day 1 of the republic. a clear timeline. today's republican party = conservatism in the usa from 1776? 

what makes the argument asymmetrical, is what you and i believe conservatism embodies.

You can "read" whatever you want, and draw your own erroneous conclusions. At the risk of my post being edited/deleted/whatever, here's some schooling:

You don't seem to understand the difference between Rebublican and conservative. I keep saying "conservatives" are the problem. Conservatives who have opposed progress--like the abolition of slavery, desegregation, women's rights, minority rights, separation church-state, consumer protection, voting rights, science education, social safety net, national parks, health care, etc, etc. Those conservatives have been present in both major political parties.

The Republican party was the progressive party from 1860 to early 20th c. Teddy Roosevelt (R) was the leader of the progressive movement; he came out of retirement to run against prez Taft (R) in 1912 because it was the time the GOP was becoming beholden to big money and unregulated capitalism. FDR transformed the Dem party into a progressive coalition that fell apart in the 1950s and 1960s. Why? Because the conservatives from the South didn't like progress, especially desegregation! The so-called Dixiecrats were Dems who left the party and joined the Repubs.

What is conservatism according to you? What have conservatives tried to conserve? In my opinion, the want to conserve some pretty bad stuff, regressive policies unfit for a modern enlightened society.

As for the Iraqi ban (as you so proudly mention in your post) here's the truth from Factcheck. The cult Trump drones repeat the nonsense the cult leader puts out.   And, yes, the truth has a liberal bias.

Edited by Hudson

Trump's national security adviser general Flynn is in hot water because, allegedly, he was talking to the Russians about lifting US sanctions. Apparently VP Pence and others are miffed about Flynn's less than honest disclosures to them.

I'm very disappointed with Trump's picks for his cabinet, with the exception of UN Ambassador,  and Secy of Defense. But, 90% of Republicans approve of what he's doing so far.

8 hours ago, ELLAS75 said:

Trump met with JT told him that the US was going to tweak the NAFTA deal. Expression on JTs face was priceless. President Trump is fulfilling his promises and is repairing the damage that has been done to the USA especially after the last 8 years under Obama. It will be great in the future seeing president Trump and PM O'Leary meeting at the White House.

You saw that?

even your buddy dt took a selfie with jt

12 hours ago, tantra129 said:

Russia will try to bail out Trump pretty soon to make Trump look "tough" on Russia.  A geopolitical "crisis" will come up and Trump will put Russia in their place but its a wink wink deal between the two.  I have never seen such amateur hour in my life.  Russia is losing billions on sanctions and they are in a world of pain right now and they need these sanctions to be lifted.  The big orange idiot is trying to figure out a way to lift them but he has the GOP senate in his way and they are all anti-Russian.

Edited by gyros

KARMA IS A BITCH

LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

858321e9f77a5609943c453ed08ec62f.jpg

• Like it 1

I can't prove it, but I sense Russia must have something on Trump, otherwise I can't explain his reluctance to criticize Putin and Russia. Even Bill O'Reilly (Fox News) was taken aback the other day:

When Trump said he respected Putin, O'Reilly responded: "He's a killer, though. Putin's a killer."

Trump fired back: "There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?"

Trump and cronies are not patriots. They're crooked and corrupt to the bone. They have no intellectual abilities, and their reasoning capacity is in the minus. Oh, and also lie about everything, and then they call you a liar for exposing them.

So, he's ..truthful about having a solution for stuff he lied about! (fake facts)

To highlight some of the points in this video, which can independently verified (not that I have any expectations the cult drones will do so):

• Trump and his drones saying he had the largest crowd and that God made good weather for him
  • Politifact verifies that 70% of Trump statements are false/lies, and that doesn't include words like "terrific" "great" "I alone" "loser" etc.  I'm saying the other 30% is him repeating the same words 3 times in a sentence
  • Mass voter fraud while offering no proof of that, and not one Secy of state (R or D) agrees with Trump;  @14:30 "millions of illegal voters"...
  • @3:10 Trump's divorce from reality impacts policy decisions and how the US gov sees the world
  • claims up to 42% unemployment
  • @ 4:20 brags about sizes, including with blg, Trump Tower; his 58 floor bldg became 68!
  • US GDP below zero! (which of course is impossible)
  • lied about Obama's birth certificate for 8 years.
  • lied about "thousands of Muslims celebrating" the attacks of 9-11 in NJ
  • The murder rate is the "highest it has ever been in 45 yrs, while the FBI statistics show the opposite for the last 55 yrs.
  • has not clue about the "triad of nuclear" US strategy
  • @ 8:30 relies on rumors, unsubstantiated personal impressions (or dreams), conspiracy idiots like Jones, Faux News, Breitbart (and Banon), Alt-right... you know, the stuff that birth control makes women ugly and crazy, Plant Parenthood is controlled by Nazis, and that the Confederate flag represents a glorious tradition, and thousands of people celebrated 9-11 in NJ, but the liberal media failed to document this celebration. Breitbart: "Trump vindicated"..
  • @12:00  How Trumps relies on INFOWARS (wingnut Alex Jones) for his news and admires AJ. Same a**hole who claims that Sandyhook school massacre was fake (with actors), because gosh guns don't kill children. Come to think of it, several of our members have been repeating his  garbage here.....   and demand, yes, demand we respect them and their stupid views. geesh [you know who you are, but if you've forgotten I can name you]  Trump to Jones: "I just wan to say your reputation is amazing.... I will not let you down"
  • so many people believe Trump because they get their "news" from him and the garbage generators that support him. Some of our members here are like that. They're immune to anything that may even slightly contradict their cultish devotion
  • @ 23:10  what a false statement is and what a lie is.... the latter when you repeat something false after being presented with facts.
  • the view articulated from the White House: the power of the president will not be challenged....  Like the Nixonean view: if the president does it, it's not illegal.
Edited by Tzatziki

"I don't think the President wears a bathrobe, and definitely doesn't own one," he said.

Guess who.....:.,;,,,,,,,,,,

are these people for real?

The strange thing is the love of Russia and Putin from the diehard Trump supporters.  These are the same supporters that would have called them "Commies" a couple years ago.  I don't think we should go to war with Russia or shouldn't work together with them but they have Russia above the USA and can't get enough of Putin.  I'm so puzzled at that.  

You call it a "spy ship" I call it a friendly ambassador. Besides, it's so obvious... .who would spy like that? don't they have satellites in the sky and moles in the US?

@1789 I'll forgo XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DEL

Surely, you can't be serious when you say that the Bible doesn't condone stealing and murdering, are you? Do you read only those passages that makes you feel good? To begin with, any book that includes instructions how to keep slaves can't be a sources of morality. Slavery is worse than stealing, at least. Oh, do you want more examples? OK. Here there are:

• God will kill the Egyptian children to show that he puts "a difference between the Egyptians and Israel." 11:7
  • Joshua, with God's approval, kills the Amalekites "with the edge of the sword." 17:13 ; various times God instructs his followers to invade, rape, loot, and pillage. Well, not kill all.... "keep their virgin daughters for yourselves" he says...
  • "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Thousands of innocent women have suffered excruciating deaths because of this verse. 22:18
  • Those who break the Sabbath are to be executed. 31:14 ; same with disobedient children and adulterous wives!
  • God tells the Israelites to make slaves out of their neighbors and their families. The "heathens" and "strangers" are to be their possessions forever. 25:44-46   Gee is this stealing? I wonder...
  • After God killed Korah, his family, and 250 innocent bystanders, the people complained saying, "ye have killed the people of the Lord." So God, who doesn't take kindly to criticism, sends a plague on the people. And "they that died in the plague were 14,700." 16:41-50
  • If you worship the wrong god, God will get jealous and kill you. 6:15
  • God instructs the Israelites to kill, without mercy, all the inhabitants (strangers) of the land that they conquer. 7:2
  • do you want more?....
  • OK, I'll throw in a freebie: 9 million children under the age of 5 die every year from natural disasters and diseases. Go to any children's hospital and if you have any heart, you'll begin to cry.... Unless suffering doesn't matter, or early death that gets to heaven (?). I suppose this is part of the grand design?

You say, "the Church did some heinous things but the Church did some good things that many people would be grateful for." Some heinous things? Again, are you serious? No other institution has done so  much evil for so long. I guess, your God is OK with murder and torture, and stealing from the vulnerable and the poor.

It's is the Enlightenment that has given you the kind of life (science and freedom and opportunity and open tolerant society) you enjoy today. The Jacobins weren't promoting the ideals of the E. including ind. rights, due process, etc. They were acting more like theocrats.

There you go with Obama, again....but, your knowledge about "God fearing Washington" reveals that you are not really well versed about the deists. Though it reveals your view: God fearing. Precisely. It's fear that paralyzes the mind, and it's fear that makes people drop to their knees...

Peace.

Edited by athinaios
editorial edit

Reminds me when Saddam Hussein who was never religious all of a sudden got religious when Bush jr invaded Iraq, to attempt to motivate the Muslims that this was a war against religion.  Trump has always been a heathen but now he is reciting the Lord's prayer to get the base charged up again.  All part of the political circus.

5 hours ago, ELLAS75 said:

Great event held by President Trump in FLA... Huge crowd heard a great speech and the First Lady began the festivities by reciting the LORDS Prayer. America is greater than it has ever been!!!

You forgot to tell us about how a star was born on that magical night.