Phantis Forums

2016-17 Season

Mitsos

To tell you the truth, I haven't watched all matches this season, but still quite quite enough to draw some subjective (general) conclusions. :D

Disappointed as Mitsos and probably most of the Aris fans in and out of border. Not pleased with that Algerian fiasco (I mean Boughera and Djebbour stuff, totally unnecessary) and what to tell you about Kostenoglou. Never was a fan of the lad nor his football approach. So I wasn't happy with his promotion. At the start of this season I really was almost sure that we would catch the promotion, but unfortunately we were a real let-down in some matches that we should have won.

Will be better. Trying to be positive!

• Like it 1

On one hand, it is obvious that some signings, especially before or at the beginning of the season were completely wrong. In winter transfer period we managed to get few players that added quality to the team: Souza, Pitu, Tavlaridis.

On the other hand, despite the mistakes, Aris wasn't worst team than Apollon and Lamia. Apollon scored decisive goals in the last minutes in many games (including the tie we had in Rizoupoli), while we threw many points after 85'+. Lamia had a very good first round, but in the second it was a mediocre team, they were pushed by the refs and got points they didn'r deserve in many games. 

Anyhow, we need badly a new investor; if we continue with Karipidis we will be fighting every year to ascend to the SL or to stay in the superior division.