Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

He plays as a very active cm. Quick passes, tackling and moves off the ball. Small in stature like Xavi but always involved. Rarely gives the ball away and is a fighter.

sounds exactly what we need , lets hope he fits in and start sunday.

On 09/11/2016 at 9:52 AM, Dampyr said:

Sead Kolašinac is doubtful for this match, and Muhamed Bešić is injured for a long time. Those two are our starting left back and defensive midfielder and biggest absences at this moment. But there are still chances Kolašinac will play.

Kolasinac is a good player and if ever he doesn`t start, that would be an important absence for Bosnia, but Manolas is one of the best CBs in the world and his absence puts us at a huge disadvantage. Yes, we have a very good player in Kyriakos Papadopoulos taking his place, but the latter would have been playing DM if Manolas was there and now leaves a hole in the midfield. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

I'd be very surprised if we won now. confidence and momentum is very important.

during our pretty good world cup campaign our friendlies before was a victory against bolivia and draws against poland and portugal. we didn't lose sucker games.

when we lose sucker games, we have a sucker mentality going in

friendly or not. you play to win. stop disrespecting the fanella with your stupid politics epo.

• Like it 3

I'm still very confused on what purpose that friendly served with the line up he fielded. It's so frustrated because we could actually have the potential to have a decent Starting line up with good players coming off the bench. Imagine having Kone, Ninis,Fetfa, Siopis as bench options with Fourtonis, Mitro Mantolasand so on as starters. It  sucks because we will never know our true potential as long as Diamantakos, Tziolis,Maniatis, Bask, take a spot on this team. How the hell can a coach not see this when it is so clear and such an easy choice. I can't see us getting a win or a tie in this game against Bosnia.. I'm just curios what stupid subs and moves Skibbe makes for this game.

• Like it 1

Sadly with Taxi out...Skibbe will play the great man Tziolis if maniatis is not fully fit..

I see this as Skibbe's:

...............................Karnezis.........................

toro....................K.Pap.........Sokratis..............Tzavellas

................................Maniatis.............Samaris................

Mandalos...........................Fortounis......................Karelis

............................................Mitro....................................

• Like it 1

I for one have a different aspect when it comes to the friendly loss. It is a good thing proving to Skibbe how vital players like Fortounis, Manolas , Sokratis Torosidism Mantalos and Mitroglou are.

It also pointed the  team cant play 4-4-2, even though we ve been asking for it. Skibbe answered to you all who were asking for 4-4-2 (due to Karelis being of high form its no more than 3 months ago that people were asking this scheme in the forum because of "lack of wingers). Even if it wasnt a loss, it was a draw or even a narrow 1-0 2-1 win, it proves team cant play without wide players.

Also proved Diamantakos not ready to make the big step, The fact that Tziolis played 90' is good. It probably menas we might not see him for the next 1-2 matches at all. Since there s probably just an agreement with EPO and his Manager for playing time. I ll repeat I have a feeling that even his teammates didnt wanna pass to him, which if Epo realises is throwing the team back to our EURO 16 QCampaign, where the team wasnt united, they might stop it.

Stafylidis,Gianniotas and Tachtsidis proved how worthy they are. Karnezis  - Glykos have a very high level difference when it comes to calming the game and making correct passes. Gianniotas really didnt do anything unique, but his speed and the fact that he knows the winger position is an upgrade to the team. we need people who can make fast transition from defence to offense, and Tachtsidis Vision with players like Gianniotas Fortounis and Mantalos is an excellent tactic.

These players along Kyriakos being able to "fill" the DM pos, without being anything special, or one of the Samaris, Maniatis, Petsos , Siopis instead are the only worthy 11 for trying to qualify we have. 

Karnezis

Toro Manolas Sokratis Stafylidis

Papadopoulos Tachtsidis

Gianniotas Fortounis Mantalos

Mitroglou

For this match with all these injuries im hoping to see something like this:

Karnezis

Toro Papa Sokratis Stafylidis

Samaris Siopis

Gianniotas Fortounis Mantalos

Mitroglou

• Like it 2

Is the Greek media and reporters not questioning Skibbe's players choices or are they giving him a free pass? I wonder if the people in Greece are as upset as us with his selection of players. I'm so curious to know what the vibe down there is around the team and the coach. Any time I check out Greek sites I hear no complaints about Tziolis and player selections is it just us? Maybe if people cared more down there then Skibbe might feel the heat a little and start making better choices.

15 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Is the Greek media and reporters not questioning Skibbe's players choices or are they giving him a free pass? I wonder if the people in Greece are as upset as us with his selection of players. I'm so curious to know what the vibe down there is around the team and the coach. Any time I check out Greek sites I hear no complaints about Tziolis and player selections is it just us? Maybe if people cared more down there then Skibbe might feel the heat a little and start making better choices.

Every1 wants to criticize the likes of Tziolis.  Many want to bash him for maniatis too. Many want to critisize him for benching holebas gianniotas and taxi. maybe for not calli9ng siopis until now as well.

When it comes to callups, we both know he is no more than 50% responsible for them. EPO is corrupt and they get bribes for caling certain players. its a fact that he even probably agreed to, in order to take the job.

But to be fair, the meia cat start bashing for 1 simple reason. He hasnt lost a single formal match. What do they have against him? Jus their personal(common) belief. If someone talks publcly the answer is simple. He beat aus,ned,3 formal matches with his callups. End of story. 

if Maniatis was starting for olympiakos I have no problem with him. He was one of our best players against Ivory Coast and he's an engine. Without a club though we have better options.

It's not that Tziolis is so bad, it's that he's taking up a slot of a player that can contribute much more.

Dzeko scored 10 goals in 12 games this season. I'd be more shocked if he didn't crack our Manolasless defense. He towers over Kpaps.

Just now, georgelaz said:

if Maniatis was starting for olympiakos I have no problem with him. He was one of our best players against Ivory Coast and he's an engine. Without a club though we have better options.

It's not that Tziolis is so bad, it's that he's taking up a slot of a player that can contribute much more.

Dzeko scored 10 goals in 12 games this season. I'd be more shocked if he didn't crack our Manolasless defense. He towers over Kpaps.

i had the same  opinion with u but yesterday iwas proven wrong. Just some back passes and a failed through ball t gianniotas are his highlights. adding the fact i mentioned that the others dun wanna "play with him" unless no otheroption, he s making midfield insta lost.

• Like it 1

slightly treachorous of him. I know he's bosnian but we took him in for decades as one of our own. but then again can't expect much from an ethnicity that constantly sides with the turks (half-kidding).

this shows they're taking this match way seriously. probably more than us. this is kinda what romania did, calling in experts on greek football to expose our chinks in our armer. we currently have many right now. Weak attacking wings. A diminished cb and sub-optimal selections

9 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

slightly treachorous of him. I know he's bosnian but we took him in for decades as one of our own. but then again can't expect much from an ethnicity that constantly sides with the turks (half-kidding).

this shows they're taking this match way seriously. probably more than us. this is kinda what romania did, calling in experts on greek football to expose our chinks in our armer. we currently have many right now. Weak attacking wings. A diminished cb and sub-optimal selections

Bajević is actually a Bosnian Serb of othodox faith lol

53 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

There is no need for these kind of comments.  Bajević is born & raised in Bosnia and spent his best years in Velez Mostar. He's just coming to see his friends (Bazdarevic) and country. His ethnicity is Bosnian Serb, for the record.

That's right he is a Bosnian Serb..and he has every right to support Bosnia..nothing treacherous about that..

also true the Bosnians are strong Turk lovers...(this will always be frowned on by Greeks)_and regardless if we do not want to mix sport/politics/history.

There have been very strong anti Greek reactions when Greece has played in Bosnia in the past...all with a political and historical motive...(lest we forget)...

To put it mildly Bosnians would not be high up on my Christmas card list..

• Like it 1

I should clarify that I am a Bosnian fan, just came to this forum to see your insights before we play this game. I personally have nothing against Greeks at all, that would be wrong, just looking forward to a good game of football. I don't remember the 'strong anti Greek reactions' you are talking about, I don't believe many people think badly about Greeks in our country. I had a great time when FK Sarajevo played Atromitos 2 years ago.

welcome to the forum..I figured you are Bosnian.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your time v Atromitos...Also glad to hear that you say Bosnians do not think badly of Greeks..perhaps times are changing..which is good..

I am not sure how the reaction was the last time Greece played in Bosnia..(2013)

However in the 2007 match and the build up was very tense....and very 'political'

Kosaca, I remember on another forum we had that has since closed down there were some Bosnians checking in from time to time and offering their two cents during the World Cup qualification in 2014. We played you twice and one was a draw in Greece when Gekas missed a sitter that my son would have scored on and we lost in Bosnia 3-1 where you guys fully deserved the victory and outplayed us. Mind you that was and is the only time you have beaten us. They were really rubbing it in that you finished ahead of us and we had to qualify through the playoffs vs Romania but they were rather nasty and unfriendly I remember quite clearly and I'm sure Red Sheriff does as well. Regardless we went on to the round of 16 where we lost to Costa Rica on penalties and you bowed out in the group stage. I am glad to hear that most Bosnians don't think badly about the Greeks and I personally don't dislike the Bosnians. I wish you guys good luck and like you said I hope we are treated to a great soccer match.

We should definitely be the underdogs in this game. To be honest nobody including myself is expecting a win. Bosnia has great finishers and they don't usually have problems scoring goals. We have been outplayed and have given up grade A chances to teams like Estonia/Cyprus and even Gibraltar scored on us, and to be honest the only reason we ended up wining against Estonia is because they lack finishers. As much as it sucks to say this I think Bosnia will have no problem taking 3 points from us as they will dominate us from start to finish. I pray I'm wrong but I just don't see it unfolding any other way. 

• Like it 1