Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

9 hours ago, kosaca said:

you're coming from your computer in Sydney? i can't wait :)

why would we play behind closed doors? for lighting a flare? when has that ever happened?

when did anyone chant turkey? also how would a few fans chanting turkey make the genocide void? would it be the same to say that greek fans chanting serbia means that all crimes against greeks are 'null and void'??????????????????

yeah, my pc is tough! your one of these? I own you! Nobody advocates genocide and I know I can speak for all on here. Some idiot did something they should get locked up over!

Lets agree on that!

Edited by ausgreek

6 hours ago, Dampyr said:

I'm pretty sure nobody from us in this forum didn't raise that Srebrenica banner, didn't raise Chetniks flag(yes, even that was there, link : http://www.bljesak.net/Thumb/502x339/atena-grcka-bih-sukob4.jpg ), didn't boo opposite anthem, didn't throw pyro on the opposite fans, didn't yelled Macedonia or something, actually I'm pretty sure most of us from this discussion were not at the stadion at all and we all agree that we don't support that behaviour, aren't we?

So none of us should not really try to explain something committed by other people, for instance only people who are responsible for Srebrenica banner are those who raised it, not all Greeks on the stadion and of course not all Greeks in total. But that's just how I see things, but I'm afraid not all people are like me in both nations.

The guy holding that black flag might be Greek he may also be Serb we wont know, but have you seen the guy next to him on the left of the photo? Does he even look the slightest bit Greek to you? This is why we tell you it may have been non Greeks who lifted that banner.

2 hours ago, Original Sydney said:

The guy holding that black flag might be Greek he may also be Serb we wont know, but have you seen the guy next to him on the left of the photo? Does he even look the slightest bit Greek to you? This is why we tell you it may have been non Greeks who lifted that banner.

This is kinda funny:grin:

12 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

I would expect anti Greek, Serb chants and banners in Bosnia

Why? It has never happened before. Our fans don't mock tragedies or personal matters when we play other countries.

When Serbia played in Tuzla our fans clapped their anthem and cheered them at the end of the 90 minutes. 

5 hours ago, E-M-I-R said:

Bought my ticket to fly over for the game, should be amazing. May the better team win ! :) after the incident in greece I think it would be smart for away fans not to come ,I am in bosnia at the moment and they are already preparing for the game. It will be another wankfest of nationalism which isn't realy along my lines of thinking but that's what it is I suposse. Maybe in 50-100 years life here in the Balkans will be more normal. 

50 sounds about right, unfortunately.

• Like it 1

15 hours ago, OlympicHellas said:

Also there is a massive Turk Flag displayed at 2:35, I don't get the admiration for an Empire that literally conquered them and changed their culture and heritage forever LOL

This is something I will never understand either! You have European Slavic people who were FORCIBLY converted to Islam by the Ottoman Turks and today they praise and worship them as if they were their founding saviors! Are you kidding me?

Get one thing straight my Bosnian friends. You bent over and gave in. You sold yourselves out and allowed your rulers to change you. We didn't. As such, we win. Forever. Period.

• Like it 3

Wtf has this turned into? Let's stick to soccer and leave the rest out of it. In every country you will find idiots that do stupid things so it's not right to condemn blame an entire country on a few idiots. In saying that lets stick to soccer. About the game I will say Bosnia out played us and we were lucky to get a tie and going forward if we play the way we did it will be difficult to come out of Bosnia with points. As far as us Playing Belgium there is no way I see us getting points as the Belgiums are in top forum and we are still scrambling. The big picture here is Tsavellas bailed out Greece because chances are we will be going into Bosnia tied in points as we will probably lose against the Belgiums and Bosnia will destroy Gibraltar. 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:26 AM, kosaca said:

you're coming from your computer in Sydney? i can't wait :)

why would we play behind closed doors? for lighting a flare? when has that ever happened?

when did anyone chant turkey? also how would a few fans chanting turkey make the genocide void? would it be the same to say that greek fans chanting serbia means that all crimes against greeks are 'null and void'??????????????????

the word classless comes to mind and brains of rocks. end of conversation its pointless your argument is null as so are you. fact you F***s chanted turkey turkey! so if you cant admit it then get bent!

The only way Greece gets into a playoff is by hoping we tie Bosnia in Bosnia which will be difficult as they are a much much better team at home and by some miracle tying Belgium which is a pipe dream right now especially with the guys Skibbe continues to play. In reality even though Bosnia are 3 points behind us they have a better shot then us. They will beat Gibraltar and chances are we will lose against Belgium which means we will be going into Bosnia all tied in points. Very difficult task for this Greece team and the way they are playing to take second.

Belgium has not played one team so far with good defense including bosnia. If we had more attacking minded midfield we could have scored at least 2-3 against them... Belgians will have hardest test yet with us if we show up on D and mitro hits the net. 

1 hour ago, jason said:

Belgium has not played one team so far with good defense including bosnia. If we had more attacking minded midfield we could have scored at least 2-3 against them... Belgians will have hardest test yet with us if we show up on D and mitro hits the net. 

You do realize we've conceded a goal almost every game we've played since the end of the Euro campaign right? What makes you think our defense can hold off Belgium when Gibraltar  even scored on us as well as many others.

Edited by J1078

38 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You do realize we've conceded a goal almost every game we've played since the end of the Euro campaign right? What makes you think our defense can hold off Belgium when Gibraltar  even scored on us as well as many others.

In the big games we always do very well defensively. We always focus on defence. Maniatis and Samaris are both defensive minded, while Tachtsidis is attack minded with his passes and positional play. We need one person in the midfield to run box to box while 2 others are sitting deep. We should play 3 in the midfield in a 4-3-3.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

13 hours ago, gk2033 said:

the word classless comes to mind and brains of rocks. end of conversation its pointless your argument is null as so are you. fact you F***s chanted turkey turkey! so if you cant admit it then get bent!

Do you actually have any evidence? 

14 hours ago, kosaca said:

Do you actually have any evidence? 

kick him @Reaper ?
Also do you have evidence the guy holding the cebenica whatever that slaughterhouse was called was less than 51%  serbian in DNA? If he s not, im happy he did it because it is his beliefs and his ideas, and his country's vision. Has nothing to do with me, my country and my nation's football assossiation. Do you have any evidence?

53 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

kick him @Reaper ?
Also do you have evidence the guy holding the cebenica whatever that slaughterhouse was called was less than 51%  serbian in DNA? If he s not, im happy he did it because it is his beliefs and his ideas, and his country's vision. Has nothing to do with me, my country and my nation's football assossiation. Do you have any evidence?

Wait, what? You're 'happy' he raised the banner? Okay.

Do I have any evidence someone held that banner? Yes, I do, as there are over 100 pictures of it.

Do you or the other guy have any evidence that any fans were chanting Turkey, even after the 10th time of asking? No. 

Your argument would be like me saying that someone with Turkey flags/chants is just a Turkish fan.

Edited by kosaca

we will be totally over run in midfield and out wide. They have serious quality there and we have very little to offer. Toro is past his prime, Tzavellas is a dreadful defender and none of our midfield combinations show any sign of working. Not sure there's much we can except hope for a good defensive performance, some luck and a bit of magic up front.

Having said that, their fullbacks seem weak. If we had real wingers, perhaps we could exploit them there. But without Holebas, and two of an out-of-position Karelis, Mantalos, Bakesetas and Staf, I'm not optimistic.

Edited by Nikod

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:29 AM, kosaca said:

^ The simple fact is that no one chanted Macedonia or held Turkish flags during the game last week. Where are people getting this from?

im not gonna hold your hand like a child! you do your own research and if you don't want to then your ignorant. and if you still come to the conclusion that it didn't happen. then you as much a problem as ertogan is and should do the civil world justice and jump off the tallest bridge.

On 23/11/2016 at 1:18 AM, Nikod said:

we will be totally over run in midfield and out wide. They have serious quality there and we have very little to offer. Toro is past his prime, Tzavellas is a dreadful defender and none of our midfield combinations show any sign of working. Not sure there's much we can except hope for a good defensive performance, some luck and a bit of magic up front.

Having said that, their fullbacks seem weak. If we had real wingers, perhaps we could exploit them there. But without Holebas, and two of an out-of-position Karelis, Mantalos, Bakesetas and Staf, I'm not optimistic.

We have better CBs, that`s it. The Papadopoulos suspension, which means he will be missing from our DM, really hurts our chances of getting any kind of result.