Phantis Forums

Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina (13 November 2016, Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

To win this game we will need the most inform players no loyalties to dead weight... Karelis needs to start and we may need a 4-3-3 again with karelis mitro up front fortounis just behind them. I guess it coukd be considered 4-4-2 diamond center. 

Edited by jason
Mistake
  • Like it 1

Best off attacking as 4 3 3 and be able to revert to 4 4 2 if we end up playing catch up. Destroy their composure.  Need KPaps to look at them real mean along with Vellios along with our unfair advantage....Tziolara!! They will s%$#!.

• Like it 1

Just want to re-post something from the Road to Russia thread because it is relevant to this thread:

Greece seems to be afraid to press defenders and, once in the final third of the field, tend to rely on crosses from the wing or long-range attemps. That is too predictable and simply not good enough to beat a dynamic team like Bosnia. Greece gives up possession too easily with long balls, negative passing, long-range shots, and poor off-the-ball movement. Giving up the ball cheaply to a team like Bosnia, a pressing side that try to get into dangerous scoring positions with every possession, can spell disaster for Greece. Bosnia is comfortable dictating play and gain confidence with possession. Greece must keep the ball as much as possible in order to frustrate their opponents. If Skibbe isn`t talking about this in the room, then there is a major issue. 

Despite this, I still think we have a chance in this match, because our defensive players, both individually and as a unit, should be enough to make a game out of this. If we approach the match with courage, claim the ball, press their defenders and hunger for goals, all while remaining sound defensively, we will win; if we play scared, they will smell fear, taste blood, and massacre us. 

K. Pap will give him a good fight but he's two inches shorter than Manolas and that's a problem against Dzeko.

I seem to remember K. Pap losing a ball in the air against Germany during Euro 2012 that cost us a goal.

Edited by Nikod

With regard to Manolas` injury, I'd be more concerned if K Pap was absent, but he is a solid stand-in. Just too bad we won`t see him in defensive mid, with Manolas and Sokratis at the back. 

Edited by Argy

will he be able to play as well with a mask tho? mantalos rarely utilizes his head and basically doesn't seem to head because of his mask now.

siovas is 6'4 but we saw that that's not enough to stop a great striker. eg) when we played Antzas to stop Ibrahimovic

How K Pap is not a regular at Leipzig is beyond me. There is more than enough room to have guys like Ninis or Fetfa, even on the bench. Nick, I agree, Diamantakos is a waste of a spot. We already have Mitroglou, Vellios and even Karelis that can assume striker roles.

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

WTF... Are you guys really surprised that this coach picked this line up and didn't choose Ninis or feta as a bench option but instead choose Diamantakos? This time hasn't played good even though we managed to win so why not change it up a little bit and bring in Ninis and see what he does in the friendly? Maybe if Bosnia spank us then this coach will try something different but by then it might be to late. How hard headed do you have to be give guys that are looking really good a shot? this coach has made us lose Holebas and is not giving guys that are playing well and have NT experience a look like Ninis and Fetfa , Kone.

Hy.

Bosnian coach Mehmed Baždarević decided to call those players for a match versus Greece:

Asmir Begović (Chealsea) Goalkeeper

Ibrahim Šehić (Qarabag) Goalkeeper

Kenan Pirić (Sloboda Tuzla) Goalkeeper

Ognjen Vranješ (Tom Tomsk) Centre back/Right back

Ermin Bičakčić (Hoffenheim) Centre back

Emir Spahić (Hamburg) Centre back

Edin Cocalić (Mechelen) Centre back

Toni Šunjić (Stuttgart) Centre back

Ervin Zukanović (Atalanta) Centre back/Left back

Sead Kolašinac (Schalke) Left back

Mato Jajalo (Palermo) Defensive midfielder

Gojko Cimirot (PAOK) Defensive midfielder

Miralem Pjanić (Juventus) Central midfielder

Haris Medunjanin (Maccabi Tel Aviv) Central midfielder

Tino Sven Sušić (Genk) Central midfielder

Danijel Miličević (Gent) Attacking midfielder

Rade Krunić (Empoli) Attacking midfielder

Edin Višća (Istanbul BB) Right winger

Izet Hajrović (Werder) Winger

Senad Lulić (Lazio) Left midfielder

Vedad Ibišević (Hertha) Center forward

Milan Đurić (Cesena) Center forward

Edin Džeko (Roma) Center forward

He also announced a "reserve list"(primary in case someone from the orginal squad get injured) :

Samir Memišević (Groningen) Centre back

Dario Dumić (NEC Nijmegen) Centre back

Tomislav Tomić (Zrinjski) Central midfielder

Miroslav Stevanović (Željezničar) Right midfielder

Haris Duljević (Sarajevo) Winger/Attacking midfielder

Edited by Dampyr
  • Like it 1

We should be fine. If we can't win without Manolas then we should not be at the World Cup. We have Sokratis and K.Papadopoulos. They work well together. Also we have Samaris back, plus we have Fortounis and Mitroglou creating goal scoring chances. I also think Manolas is more of a liability than Papadopoulos.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

This is KPap's chance to be a starter whilst Manolas is on the sidelines. All the love for KPaps should come out right about now for his fans. 

If Tziolara  starts, I'll sing his praises as my fav player, still trying to get him over to Sydney fc.

Edited by ausgreek