Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

14 hours ago, Bananas said:

New owner, front office, squad aside, PAO got a very very unlucky draw this season.  Not one team in that group was easy.  At to PAO's credit for an essentially new team they played well for long periods in most games.

Spot on.  The St Etienne draw was a tough one, but it's just as likely it could happen again.  AEK need a bit of luck with the draw to get an easier team, and again a bit more luck in the EL Group Stage so they can accumulate some points, so they can hopefully avoid these sorts of qualifying games in the future.  Regarding the squad depth, there is nothing to say that key players will be fit and in-form.  Meli needs to plan ahead a bit better just in case.  End of the day, I don't expect AEK to qualify for EL Group Stage next season based on the situation right now.  I mean, I'm not confident.

That makes 2 of us not confident Bananas, the sad reality is besides the fact Meli isn't spending, Dusan is the reason we are in this mess, until he goes AEK wont be going forward, but while Meli is there Dusan will also be there, so really we are f*cked lol

I don't know the history of what happened with Dusan in the last 5-10 years when it all seems to have gone sour.

What I do know is that the AEK team that Dusan built in the 90's was the best Greek team I've ever seen play football.  They were something else.

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, Pana97 said:

Im hearing that we want to sign Tzavellas... I like the guy, but he has a s%$#! attitude.... Also we want to get Kace too...

We'll throw these in as well if it will seal the deal.

best_steak_knife_set.jpg

But seriously, I think he could be a useful addition to either PAO or AEK.  Yes his attitude could be a lot better but maybe now it will improve a little.  As for his ability, he's definitely a solid player and would add to squad depth regardless.  His days at PAOK have to be numbered, he's just been in too much trouble.

Kace is a curious one.  At his best, he'd definitely add to squad depth, but, he hasn't played seriously for a while now.  Needs more game time which he probably won't be getting at PAOK anytime soon, or ever.

Savvidis has directed the staff to work towards either a loan or a sale for Tzavellas - who apparently agrees with either happening (kind of surprising).

Michel was in England and Germany recently, presumably to find teams willing to take him.

Michel and Goncareva were in Germany tha past few days. Apparently they are trying to find a team for Tzavellas (official version), however I think there might be something else behind their trip. Let's not forget that Vierinha has been put on the transfer market by Wolfsburg. 

Also the other day, Panionios came out saying they are in talks with PAOK about Ansarifard. This is just a move to find a fool who will actually pay money for a player that is free to sign with anybody on January 1st.

Πρέπει να τελειώσει η μαλακία μας να παίρνουμε παίχτες που έπαιξαν ένα καλό ματς σε μία μικρομεσαία ομάδα...

Τους φάγαμε στη μάπα και παλαιότερα και τους είδαμε... Φιλομένο, Κουτσιανικούλης, Γεωργιάδης και πάει λέγοντας... Ποιος Ανσαριφάρντ τώρα μη λέμε μαλακίες! Μόνο στο Ιράν έχει βάλει γκολ που προφανώς το ποδόσφαιρο είναι 30 χρόνια πίσω.

Πήγε στην Οσασούνα, σε 19 ματς είχε 0 γκολ. Και με τον Πανιώνιο σε 45 ματς έχει 15 γκολ. Είναι αυτός σοβαρός επιθετικός που τα στατιστικά του δείχνουν ότι θα ανεβάσει επίπεδο την ομάδα; Χίλιες φορές να καθίσουμε με αυτούς που έχουμε. Φτάνει με τα παλτά. Για Πανιώνιο είναι καλός, δεν ξέρω, ως εκεί όμως.

3 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

A Bulgarian newspaper claims that Levski Sofia is interested in signing Skondras.

His contract expires on 30.06.2017 so either way he'll be off our books soon.  Still, it would be better for him and the club if he could go during the winter break.  It's a bit of a shame as their was a period there where he was doing very well but overall I think it's for the best.

I thought Skondras could have helped too.

To me, Konstantinidis seems much more frail than Kitsiou. But perhaps that was due to our team's clearly barbaric training methods. I think he's been fine so far this season, while on loan.

It seems we're getting Kace back from loan, and Ivic/Michel have decided to keep him with the team. If he doesn't get a lot of playing time, I think we can anticipate future problems with the player.

I like the guy and think he's a solid player. I just wonder how frustrated he is/will be.

When we had Tziolis, Kace played more like a #8 than a #6 (perhaps out of necessity?). Will be interesting to see him in a midfield full of mobile players.