Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

1 hour ago, pash said:

I don't think this thread exists yet, and since we're getting to that time of the year... I thought I'd open this up with a neverending rumor:

http://inpaok.com/325897

I wouldn't mind Stoch, assuming he comes cheaply. I really doubt we'll end up getting him, though.

His wage at Fener is ~1.6 million plus bonuses.  He wouldn't come cheap.  Unless he can score 10 goals and 10 assists he isn't worth it.  And he hasn't really played consistently in a long time.

I was actually more thinking about the cost of the transfer. As for wages - I guess it really depends on what happens to him in the next few months. Unless he goes back to the Middle East, he's not going to be able to demand high wages if he leaves Fener. This would, of course, really only work out if he uses PAOK to revive his career (much like Mak). In that scenario...this could work out.

It doesn't seem like Thiam is really working out that well. Right now, we really only have Rodrigues on the left side, unless Pelkas or Korovesis start challenging him (which is unlikely). Just a thought!

I wasn't even thinking about the transfer cost.  I don't think it would be too much as he hasn't been in the Fener starting 11 for a long time and they would probably be happy to (a) get him off their wage bill and (b) free up an internation slot.  They only allow I think it's 6 international players in Turkey.

If he came to us at say ~500K wages or less, I'd be happy to give him a go.  But I can't see him agreeing to such a big drop in his wages.

I don't care if we pay a player 5 million a year, but they need to perform proportionate to their wage.  Yes, I'm looking at you Berbatov.

• Like it 1

7 minutes ago, pash said:

10 goals / 10 assists in 46 games (ignoring that AFC Champs League stint). And those three missed penalties in one game, haha

Ha ha, you are a smarty pants.  I didn't realize he did that well.  Quite good considering he had patches where he would play 2-3 quiet games in a row.

Stoch seems to me, to be very much a confidence player. Or at least a..."can't have the coach hating me" player.

For that matter, perhaps Campos is. He doesn't strike me as moody, but something's clearly wrong.

47 minutes ago, pash said:

Stoch seems to me, to be very much a confidence player. Or at least a..."can't have the coach hating me" player.

For that matter, perhaps Campos is. He doesn't strike me as moody, but something's clearly wrong.

I think we lock up Campos in a room with a table, two chairs, baseball bat, and Boston Thanatos smoking a cigar.  Sometimes fear is a good motivator.

• Like it 1

I think this is a non-story. I don't see us going for Stoch despite the fact that a countryman of his is the Technical Director of the team. I think a bigger possibility is for us to get Vierinha instead of Stoch.

48 minutes ago, pash said:

Yeah, maybe for that Jairo guy, I hear he's all right

He's gotten a bit more game time recently so that's something.  Such an inconsistent player.  I've seen him absolutely destroy a flank, getting into the box in dangerous position to cross or cut-back.  And then after that he's non existent.  Hopefully he develops some sort of a football brain and gets a good opportunity to acclimatize to the GSL.  I don't think he'll ever be a lock for the starting 11, but when he's on his game, he can be useful for rotation or impact off the bench.  Just needs to have more control in his game.  We'll see how he goes at our next pre-season.  Then again, we'll probably have a new manager (go 5 for 5 Savvidis!) next season.

Η αλήθεια για Στοχ και ΠΑΟΚ

Καμία σχέση με την πραγματικότητα δεν έχει το δημοσίευμα των Τούρκων για το ενδεχόμενο συνεργασίας του ΠΑΟΚ με τον Μίροσλαβ Στοχ. Ανεξάρτητα από την αξία του Σλοβάκου, δεν είναι στις προθέσεις της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ να ασχοληθεί με τον Στοχ. Δεν είναι στα πλάνα του Μίχελ και του Ιβιτς ο Στοχ. Δεν ψάχνουν παίκτη για τα πλάγια.    

Ο ΠΑΟΚ αναζητά παίκτες σε δυο θέσεις αυτή την εποχή. Οι κατευθύνσεις που έχει δώσει ο Μίχελ τόσο στα μέλη του τμήματος σκάουτινγκ όσο και στους ατζέντηδες με τους οποίους συνεργάζεται αφορά δυο θέσεις. Του επιθετικού κι ενός παίκτη που θα παίζει box to box. Σ΄ αυτές τις δυο θέσεις ψάχνει παίκτες ο Δικέφαλος.    

Το μεταγραφικό πλάνο για την χειμερινή περίοδο δεν έχει «κλειδώσει» αλλά, είναι σαφές ότι ο ΠΑΟΚ θέλει να ενισχυθεί στην επίθεση και στον χώρο της μεσαίας γραμμής. Σε περίπτωση απόκτησης επιθετικού προκύπτει ερώτημα για την τύχη του Τιάμ. Αν δηλαδή θα διατηρήσει τη θέση του στο ρόστερ της ομάδας και μετά τον Ιανουάριο.    

Ερώτημα που δεν μπορεί να απαντηθεί εύκολα καθώς ο Τιάμ είναι δανεικός από την Γιουβέντους μέχρι το καλοκαίρι. Και είναι δύσκολο να «σπάσει» ο δανεισμός. Δεν έχει εκδηλωθεί πρόθεση από την ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ για λύση της συνεργασίας, απλά αναφέρουμε τα δεδομένα για να γνωρίζετε τι ακριβώς συμβαίνει. Επίσημα η συζήτηση για τις μεταγραφές θα ανοίξει στο τέλος Νοεμβρίου.

http://inpaok.com/326087/η-αλήθεια-για-στοχ-και-παοκ/

So the story says.  Like all things PAOK and media related, take it with 10 trillion grains of salt.  I'm not against us getting a player in such a manner, what I'm against is the fact it would be such a short term solution.

If say we were really in contention at the winter break, and needed him for depth, just in case, cool sign him for a year.  But that's not the way it sounds to me.

Given we're going to be in the play-offs anyway, may as well give a lot of time to Koulouris.  I don't think the kid has got it, but who the hell knows these days.

Having said that, all of the Greek boys have been disappointing so far.  Pelkas has hardly played.  Mystakidis is just ... I don't know he's just a bit off.  I don't think he's first 11 material.  I'm not seeing that fire in the belly that he had last season.  Likewise Charisis who was doing well last season when paired up with Cimirot in the middle and this season he's just a bit off.  He was poor on the weekend.  Kitsiou another.  Korovesis another.  Only Malezas has kind of fought his way back into being seriously considered for a starting position.

• Like it 1

I am fairly sure the Matteus story is fake. Typical pro-PAOK press making up stories, when things are not going well for the team. You can expect stories about new Toumba and new training facilities in days ahead.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I am fairly sure the Matteus story is fake. Typical pro-PAOK press making up stories, when things are not going well for the team. You can expect stories about new Toumba and new training facilities in days ahead.

Ha, I wouldn't be surprised.   Οπως ειπε ο Χαρρυ Κλυνν “Θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα θα ...”