Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

From what I'm reading, they had already agreed on 1mm + 25%, but then Rennes went higher than that. They already sold Ntep (below), and so need a left winger even more so than we do. Most of their other options in that position are essentially youth players. I, too, have a feeling this won't happen (although Rennes should have no trouble paying for a good option, assuming the net 6mm they'd get from selling these two guys comes through).

http://www.transfermarkt.com/paul-georges-ntep/profil/spieler/148955

Well speaking of wingers, let's not forget that Warda is also incoming. I just read that our representative couldn't physically reach him for some reason, so the signing happened via snail mail (and should currently be incoming back to Greece). He's a "prospect" instead of a Rodrigues replacement, but perhaps Ivic/Michel will settle with that...

Rodrigues and Mak were also prospects when we got them.  Hmm, an interesting thought ...

I suppose we won't know until we see him play in the team.  Some players go up another level when they move to a team with stronger players around them.  Others not so.  We'll know soon enough.  Even Rodrigues was very hit and miss last season.  He didn't really start killing it consistently until this season.

And don't forget Jairo.  What is he up to ?

I'm hoping Jairo at least gets to train pre-season with the team.  He's definitely energetic and a handful for defenses.  I found this forum earlier http://www.pas.gr/forum/index.php?topic=5723.50 where there is some discussion on him.  I don't think he can get rid of that x stupid factor out of his game, but I'd like to see if Ivic can get something more out of him.  He'll I'd even convert him to be a right-back ala Matos, no kidding.

A poster said that Jairo statistics were poor (1 goal and 1 assist) compared to Maboulou (3 goals and 2 assists).

A more enlightened poster replied ...

Είναι η γνωστή παραπλάνηση των στατιστικών, αλλά θα πρέπει να κοιτάξουμε όλα τα στατιστικά.
Σίγουρα ο Χριστόφορος είναι πιο 'αποδοτικός' καθότι ο Ζάιρο είναι και πιο επιρρεπής στα λάθη όπως έχουμε δει (110 σε 1116 λεπτά έναντι 54 σε 848' του Χριστόφορου). Όμως βλέπουμε έναν Ζάιρο πιο μαχητικό, πιο κινητικό, και πιο επικίνδυνο αν θέλετε, που κάνει τις αντίπαλες άμυνες να δίνουν ιδιαίτερη προσοχή σε αυτόν. Απόδειξη αποτελεί το στατιστικό που είναι κατά κράτος υπέρ του Ζάιρο: τα κερδισμένα φάουλ και τα κλεψίματα. Ο Ζάιρο έχει κερδίσει 26 φάουλ έναντι μόνο 4 του Χριστόφορου! Και κλεψίματα 36 έναντι μόνο 8 του Χριστόφορου. Αυτό μάνι μάνι οδηγεί σε εκτελέσεις στημένων στα οποία η ομάδα μας είναι αρκετά καλή και έχουν μπει αρκετά γκολ από αυτά (που δεν καταλογίζονται στον Ζάιρο).
Και οι δυο πολύ καλοί. 
Ο Μαμπουλού πρέπει να δουλέψει στο να μη 'βαριέται'. (Και δεν ξέρω αν το κάνει γιατί προσέχει την υγεία του).
Ο δε Ζάιρο πρέπει να δουλέψει περισσότερο στο να μην κάνει λάθη.
Ενδεχομένως είναι και θέμα αντιπάλου το ποιος θα είναι καλύτερα να χρησιμοποιηθεί.

That's a good response, and in line with what I remember of his play. I wouldn't mind us selling him to PAS this year if we get someone at a higher level (or if Mistakidis nails down that backup role), though.

As far as converting him...I don't think he has the temperament. Imagine how many reds we'd see with this guy playing in the back four? Either way, I'm certain he'll be called up for our preseason camp. Even Tziolis made it there, and Ivic had decided before last season even ended that he didn't want him.

Ha ha, well that was a big waste of time.  Hopefully the club has other options (I doubt it) since the dealings with Rennes have felt dodgy for a while.  They obviously don't want to sell given that they sold another winger recently and will be short that position.

So in some other transfer talk:

• Pereyra wants to go, but essentially only because he doesn't think he'll get playing time with four center-forwards on the team. The club is willing to let him go, but is also fine with keeping him.
    • I'm assuming Lamprou will be loaned out, but one of Koulouris or Klaus needs to go...I'd prefer a loan for Koulouris, but I haven't heard anything on either of them so far
    • Argentine clubs are interested in Pereyra, but bizarrely want us to pay at least some of his salary after the sale? Absurd
  • Anorthosis is interested in Charisis (presumably a loan, which would make him the third player we send there this year), but they *also* want us to pay his salary during his stay. Apparently this is what we're already doing with Giannoulis, but the club is unwilling
  • One guy we were interested in earlier this season was Sergio Araujo, who got into some legal trouble (which caused us to end our interest). Looks like AEK might be gunning for him now. http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergio-araujo/profil/spieler/110366

-edit-

inPAOK is predicting Korovesis (and not Charisis) will go on loan, with Matos being used as the backup on the left side along with Crespo. Apparently Ivic has decided the schedule is such that they'll have need of Charisis in the midfield later on in the season. I believe that Cimirot also has experience as a right back, although I'd obviously not like to see us resort to that...

The way Pereyra has been treated by the club is a travesty.  He must be watching Klaus and Koulouris week after week thinking he lives in bizarro world that they're getting so much game time.  I'm not saying he should be starting all the time but he definitely deserves more minutes that he's gotten.

• Like it 3

I just meant if something really bad happens and Matos (or Kitsiou for that matter) needs to cover the other side. We have a few weeks yet until we play Olympiakos, but the cards will start piling on soon enough.

It looks like PAOK has made its final offer for Henrique (at or just above 1mm EUR). It sounds like a "take it or leave it." The player is still reportedly angling to move as well, and has long since agreed on terms. Theoretically, all he'd have to do is pass a medical exam once they agree and he'll be training within a day or two.

Anyone think we'll actually get this guy?

-edit- Reportedly Rennes is working on finalizing a transfer and has in fact agreed to our new offer.