Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2016

pash

we are being liked to the Cypriot striker Sotirou from APOEL. I know he scored a couple of goals in the europa league but can't say I've ever seen him play. Anyone know what kind of striker he is? 

Edited by paokarag4

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

These are just signs that PAOK as a team is still not operating as a top European side. Instead we are still just another team with a Greek mentality. Serious mistakes from the front office on how this team is being run in the past 5 years. You would thing all this time they would have figured it out.

As I've said many times before, this club is going nowhere with Savvidi at the helm. 

Edited by kozi
  • Like it 1

Just when everyone was warming up again this Gary transfer talk xsenerosies us again! 

Reminds me of when we sold vierinhia prior to udinese matches. 

Smarter money move is give gary 1.2m an extension and sell him when we are ready in off season not now ffs. 

The moment a player wants to leave, you've lost him. Garry said he wants to leave....now we have to find a replacement and make sure we get the money he's worth.  Otherwise you end up with a player like Lucas who plays half heartedly and doesn't do you any good.

I don't understand how anyone with a family would move to Turkey with all this BS going on so recently....but whatever...it is what it is.  

Agreed on both parts. But Galatasaray can easily afford to spend the amount he's worth.

Li'l Savvidis apparently said on instagram or something that they won't sell if they can't find a replacement that's as good or better than him...and that they have options that they're working on now. I guess we'll know more in a few days - they'll be coming for a meeting with Michel on Tuesday to decide how to proceed.

Personally, I doubt we'll get a suitable replacement. Might end up seeing Matos playing as a winger in the future.

7 hours ago, pash said:

Personally, I doubt we'll get a suitable replacement. Might end up seeing Matos playing as a winger in the future.

Agree...Matos in that position would be better than any eastern block signing...Kitsiou can slot in at right back no problem

On 1/2/2017 at 8:14 AM, PAOKSYD said:

Smarter money move is give gary 1.2m an extension and sell him when we are ready in off season not now ffs. 

The thing is that Gala giving Rodrigues 1.2 mil salary is different from PAOK giving him the same money. In Turkey taxes on the amount is somewhere in the 15% range, while in Greece it is 45%. So PAOK giving him 1.2 mil is close to actually being 2 mil. 

Exactly. It's the player, or should I say his manager that stands to make 1 mil through this sale. That's why it is important for PAOK not to go below the buyout option which is around 5 mil. If Gala wants to fork out the cash, not much PAOK can do about it, except use that money to bring a better replacement.

Here is what Ivic said during today's press conference.

About Rodrigues wanting to go to Galatasaray:

«Μαζί μου θα πολεμάνε αυτοί που θέλουνε. Όποιος θέλει να παίζει για τον ΠΑΟΚ θα είναι μαζί μου. Όποιος δεν θέλει δεν θα είναι»

And if Rodrigues eventually does not leave the team:

«Θέλω να συζητήσω με τους ανθρώπους από τη διοίκηση. Δεν είμαι εγώ ο ΠΑΟΚ. Να δούμε τι απόφαση θα πάρουμε όλοι μαζί»

If Garry want's to leave, let him leave....but NOT unless PAOK gets its money.  Let him beg and plead....but if PAOK doesn't get the $$$ they're looking for, sit his bitch ass on the bench and let him rot until a proper offer comes along.  No more of this BS where PAOK lets players leave for cheap because they say "pretty please"....

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

5 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Some reports say there is an agreement at 3.5M for Garry...which would be utterly disappointing.

That's not that bad as long as this sum does not include the 20% that the manager will get. Let's not forget we paid 300K to buy Rodrigues. That's pretty good return on your investment.

Still if I was PAOK I would demand the full buyout option amount (5 mil), and on top of that you include him in the squad for the game with Giannina. That way you send a message to the Turks to stop the bullshit and fork out the 5 mil for the player.

It's likely this is a BS story anyway. But for me, a guy like this is an absolute last resort. I can't see that we're that desperate for a striker, especially since what we really need to replace Rodrigues is a winger. This also flies against how Ivic has been setting up the team - fit, quick guys who are ready to contribute immediately. Except for Biseswar.

Don't know if this is Greek media BS, but there is a report that Galatasaray can't pay more than 2.5 mil for transfers due to UEFA FFP (Financial Fair Play). If that is the case, Rodrigues is not going anywhere. I really doubt though that there is an ounce of truth in that story.

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Don't know if this is Greek media BS, but there is a report that Galatasaray can't pay more than 2.5 mil for transfers due to UEFA FFP (Financial Fair Play). If that is the case, Rodrigues is not going anywhere. I really doubt though that there is an ounce of truth in that story.

Patently ridiculous. They want Rodrigues because Bruma is on his way over to Tottenham, who have offered 17mm GBP. To be hit by FFP, they'd have had to already made multiple sizable purchases (which I can't find indication that they have).