Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

Veroia-Pao 24-10-2016 19:30 EEST Rd 8

2 minutes ago, bkizoulis said:

Tough to swallow knowing that games like these will always come back and bite you in the ass. Derby games are even more important now. 

what derby?  

Gavro is looking humiliate this side the way this is going

Bento prepares his team for war... these guys play above their skill level when the chips are on the line (AEK, PAOK)

Our team has pyschological problems esp if we get scored on.... if we get scored on in the tigani..... this could be Peseirro days all over again

We clearly lack belief and it doesn't help when we run out of gas and only wakaso is closing down in post 70min

We focused on getting rinaldi, m'poku when we had bigger needs in the middle, not to mention keeper

8 minutes ago, bkizoulis said:

Once again we play well but blow it at the end. This is has been a major problem so far this season. We had so many chances but couldn't put the game away and then we blow it at the end. Its starting to bug me to see the poor in game tactics from stramma. We need to freshen up the players sooner and why can't rinaldi come in? Put on another forward and hope he could get that lucky strike since our starters can't seem to get the ball in the net. We had SO many chances but ball wasn't going in and then we get scored on at the end which is as classic as it gets in soccer when you can't finish. 

If every game was 70 and not 90 min, this team would amazing. As freeze said in the other thread, we haven't prepared physically. The players' bodies give out. I mean this was veroia and they dominated us for the last stretch.

6 minutes ago, cocksta said:

3 points in Karaskaki and we are back in it RELAX!

Hope i'm wrong but you can already see it in the players faces. They are playing well and not getting results.

Oly is not playing well and have +4, imagine if they start playing well. They have already improved in their attacking play.

12 minutes ago, val said:

If every game was 70 and not 90 min, this team would amazing. As freeze said in the other thread, we haven't prepared physically. The players' bodies give out. I mean this was veroia and they dominated us for the last stretch.

Thats why I've stated the coach needs to make subs a lot sooner. Theres no excuse for him to make the second sub at the 80th min. All three subs should of been used and why did he want rinaldi so bad if he's not even going to put him on? He made all these good signings but then leaves a big hole at CM when zeca or ledesma can't play. 

^^With our fitness levels, or rather lack of, he has to change the whole team

Its tough playing for the super league, european games and cup games but thats why he added all these players in the offseason. He should rest all our starters vs iraklis on thursday. Lets see what staikos could do. lets give rinaldi a full 90 ,etc. Give odeaseas the start since kotsolis is basically retired. The starters are tired so give these guys a break and let them rest the minor injuries.

Re m#$%! stramma

put 11 behind the ball after we go 1-0 if that's what it takes !!!! How many goals in the final 1/3 of the game are we going to cop that make us drop points ??

Freeze brings up a huge point in regards to the winning mentality. It's expected for anyone that plays for gavros to win! Winning is part and parcel for them and unless it's obtained, they've failed. And that mentality plagues their entire team, staff and support base.

weve been so used to mediocricy that we essentially expect it to occur and when it does, it's normal and doesn't pain us as much as it should. This has been occurring for many years now and I'm afraid unless someone comes in and actually cares, nothing will change. Every year a new signing comes in and we read 'irtha gia protathlima' and we all get hard, hoping it'll be the difference. But it's all bullshit!

Winning mentality is the biggest advantage you can have, look at Leicester city last year. After winning so many games straight, that team practically won games before stepping onto the pitch. Purely because they knew that after 90 mins of grinding the score would go their way, and as a result they picked apart teams like Man City 3-0 Away!! And won the fkn premier league.

unless something changes dramatically, we'll be the same old pao that will come 2nd/3rd, win a derby every now and then and have a half decent European run in Europa league. 

6 minutes ago, jvc said:

Do or die for STRAMA...Win in the tigani or get the #### out aaa here!!!

lol xalrose bro. He ain't going anywhere. Hard not to be pissed when we s%$#! away games constantly late but they will get the win 

^^^^his starting to get on my nerves too:angry-687657: his tactically too safe doesn't show enough adventure way too predictable!!!.. his subs never make sense!...why bring on Reis at 1-0 up???...rinaldi and leto hello we need another goal!!!!?????...felt m'poku should have started from the beginning!!!...his no fate in him not even against veria???...fresh idea's is what this squad team need's!!!...the Italian will not give you this! he will blame it on luck!....i will tell you this... next week he F***s up against standard WALK!!!!!!!!..................

2 minutes ago, Green Man said:

^^^^his starting to get on my nerves too:angry-687657: his tactically too safe doesn't show enough adventure way too predictable!!!.. his subs never make sense!...why bring on Reis at 1-0 up???...rinaldi and leto hello we need another goal!!!!?????...felt m'poku should have started from the beginning!!!...his no fate in him not even against veria???...fresh idea's is what this squad team need's!!!...the Italian will not give you this! he will blame it on luck!....i will tell you this... next week he F***s up against standard WALK!!!!!!!!..................

Yea bro we are all frustrated.. but I believe freezer stated this somewhere before, we cannot change regimes other season! For once I agree that we should let a specific manager / coach gets some time to implement his system and players 

I was watching the 2nd half and i was betting on the minute we will concede!

Pitiful!

I SAID IT LAST WEEK!

THIS SEASON IS OVER!

IF YOU CANNOT BEAT XANTHI AND VEROIA YOU DO NOT DESERVE ANYTHING AT ALL!

THIS IS TEAM IS CHRONICALLY ILL FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS! 

I was at work and haven't even seen highlights, though I'd rather not...:lll._.:

I had hoped this team would be more competitive domestically this season. In Europe, I was happy with making the group stage, get some $$, and experience, and then concentrate on getting a title in Greece. But, if you can't put away teams like Xanthi and Veroia I'm not hopeful anymore.

There's no excuse. What have gavroi done to win games like these, where lesser teams park a bus in front of their goal? Oly has found a way. Often this has been the difference, whereas PAO has squandered tons of points on lesser teams.

We're already 3 points behind.  I just don't think this team can win more points than Oly out of the 6 available between them. It's October and if we fall further behind another season (too many) will over before xmas.

For those blaming strama, seriously? If the players kept their cool it would easily be 7-0, 7-1. You can't do much with gassed players, before that i think for the most part, he has us tactically well set up.

Not to be repetitive, but the issues are:

1) Mentality - This is usually on the coach, but like others have said, when you concede the title every year, you forget how to win. We see it with paok as well, last season they were +5

2) Physical levels - As freeze explained, not really strama's fault that the team had to be ready for those european games. In a perfect world, the president covers the costs for the year and you prepare the team for the whole year. Anastasiou's trainer had us flying especially in the second half.

3) lack of depth in the middle - When you have to start with lod and koutro, you know you have issues. We didn't address this in the pre-season.

What we have to do now:

Keep strama - I think we can do good things with this guy in europe (europa). We have matched every opponent so far with the players he has brought over and his tactics which is a massive improvement from qabala. Watch as he will replace steele (he is already looking at players in italy) and will address the issue in the middle.

Put in the work physically during the break.

Give it our all for the last 3 european games

And win the cup, this will do wonders for our confidence.

Be patient as lamiara said this team has been sick for a while and lost its identity. We need to keep working and not get discouraged.

Edited by val

Let's be honest our team lacks a*****a aka Kara. I love Berg but he is not a leader nor is anyone on this squad including Zeka. We need a Simao pitbull in the middle to run all day especially in the last 10 mints where we seem to give up goals since we are dead tired. We had a winning mentality back with the double team they played with a chip on there shoulders Cisse-Kara-Katz- Silva-Salps(healthy Leto). I am talking about players that did everything for the win sacrificing their body's not like LOD who craped himself in the wall. The new generation players only care about the $$$ which new car they are getting and which new hair cut is in style. He may not been the best player but I saw fire in his eyes when Lagos played Karelis had his head down put in the work and turned into a scoring machine. Alafouzo went all in this year it's protathlima or bust and he take the Italian with him.

• Like it 1

It doesn't help that we have been missing from europe all these years. When gilberto came, cisse as well, they knew where they were coming.

^Only he greeks now know the weight of the shirt, that is why when you find a worthy talent, you sign him up asap. Problem is, there aren't many good enough to play these days.

I agree with Cocksta... we lack personalities that HATE to lose...

Leto is the ONLY one on the team that hates to lose....  everyone else may be talented but too soft  

I don't agree with your assessment of Lago... the guy may have loved the team but his level of play could never suffice for a team like PAO

Karelis did well but he wanted to try his skill elsewhere and we rightfully sold him (can't do much when someone wants to leave)

The gavro on the other hand has personalities that will go above and beyond to ensure they get a win... their team chemistry might not be as good as ours (a lot of our players are actual friends) but they somehow all put it together and get the W

By the way for those of you who want us to fire Stramma... he has us playing like this

Για την εικόνα της Βέροιας στο 1-1 με τον Παναθηναϊκό: «Θα μπορούσε να είναι 0-3 ή 0-4 το ματς στο πρώτο ημίχρονο. Ηταν λες και παίζαμε με την Μπαρτσελόνα, δεν ξέραμε που πηγαίναμε. Οσο έμενε όμως το 0-1 και δεν είχαν καθαρίσει το ματς, είναι λογικό να βγουν μια-δυο φάσεις στο τέλος. Εκεί θέλαμε να το πάμε το παιχνίδι, εφόσον έμενε το 0-1. Είναι θετικό που αντέδρασε η ομάδα».

I think our mentality is all wrong when playing the last 20 minutes of our matches. The team plays at a high pace for most of the game and get gassed at the end. Plus they are either unable or unwilling to slow the pace of the game down when they are up in the 2nd half and it has cost us points in the league and in Europe this year. 1-0 is just as good as 4-0 when counting points at the end of the season.  We also have too many attack minded players on our squad and it makes us 1 dimensional.  Who do we have in midfield that could have been subbed on against Veroia or Standard that could help is lock the game up? 

I do have to say that the 1st half was a treat to watch and the Veroia keeper was the MVP of the match.

Edited by Triffili04

Οι «πράσινοι» μετά τις έξι πρώτες στροφές της Σούπερ Λιγκ βρίσκονται στην κορυφή της σχετικής κατηγορίας, έχοντας 97 τελικές! Δεύτερος είναι ο ΠΑΟΚ με 88, τρίτος ο Ολυμπιακός με 74 και τέταρτη η Κέρκυρα με 71!

Mind you oly have 3 more goals than us. What does this tell you? We lack killer instinct.

Anyway, at least our issue is not quality like it was last season. I mean sure we can upgrade in certain positions (gk, cm), but the team has made big strides. We are very, very tough to beat in the first 65-70 min, in europe as well.

Like i said, there are a lot of positives. We need to keep working. Enough m*****es with "fire strama". Where is the appreciation for this guy clearing out most of the dead wood? He is earning his stripes tactically as well.

If this team could compete physically for 90 min, we would be singing a different tune now. That is not to say this is our only issue, cocksta and freeze make a good point. This team would benefit from personalities like equi

lets be frank here

ledesma is a bust

straight away get simao

now!!!!!!!!

bulgarian fetta cheese 

kreas like koutroubis

we need someone to compliment

samba in dec

wakaso is a great player but we need some cover when hes not playing

rinaldi is not getting enough game time nor is mboku

as for the fitness get back henk ten cates fitness coach now

• Like it 1