Phantis Forums

Estonia vs. Greece (10 October 2016, A Le Coq Arena, Tallinn)

Omonoia9

Player ratings

Karnezis: 6.5. Good saves and again commanding on high balls. One bad punch back into play.

Toro: n/a. Got a goal and an injury faster than you can say bald spot.

Sokratis: n/a. Come back re

Manolas: 7. Some nervy moments as usual but our best defender in trying circumstances

Staf: 6. Better as a left back. Got a goal.

Maniatis: 4. Why are you still here?

K. Pap: 6. Not a right back. Got forward well once.

Mantalos: 6. Not a great match. Had a shot off the bar. He works better with Fortounis.

Bakasetas: 5.5. Grew into the game with some nice touches but still don't see why he's in the 11.

Karelis: 4. Useless. Exposed us down the left.

Mitro: 5. Poor. Gave the ball away so many times. Didn't create chances.

Subs:

Oikonomou: 5. Got better but really seems like a disaster in waiting.

Tachtsidis: 4. I expected him to come in and spray some proper passes but he constantly gave the  ball away.

Tziolis: n/a. Maniatis for Tziolis must be the saddest substitution ever made.

Edited by Nikod

27 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

You guys still complaining while winning? lol

Welcome to Greek football fans LOL

3 wins, 3 games, 7 goals for, 1 against....and we will complain till the cows come home!

at the end of the day, these are the games that we need the 3 points more than anything! We will play balla against Bosnia and Belgium...the mediocre teams are just there to grind out results! 3 points is 3 points and we stil on a nice 9 points without the need to worry about other results or chase games!

ok we didn't play excellent football, but let's be serious here, when the F*** did we ever??

Karnezis was a stud out there. 2-3 great saves in the second half.

Mantalos great at drawing fouls and a goal threat constantly (really reminds me of karagounis)

Staf is winning me over and has great work ethic and nice goal with Mitro/Kpaps building a trick wall.

manolas was pretty good imo. great play to his strength multiple times winning goal kicks.

9 points in 3 games I think we already beat our euro campaign points wise? :P

Edited by georgelaz

1 minute ago, Nikod said:

Player ratings

Karnezis: 6.5. Good saves and again commanding on high balls. One bad punch back into play.

Toro: n/a. Got a goal and an injury faster than you can say bald spot.

Sokratis: n/a. Come back re

Manolas: 7. Some nervy moments as usual but our best defender in trying circumstances

Staf: 6. Better as a left back. Got a goal.

Maniatis: 4. Why are you still here?

K. Pap: 6. Not a right back. Got forward well once.

Mantalos: 6. Not a great match. Had a shot off the bar. He works better with Fortounis.

Bakasetas: 5.5. Grew into the game with some nice touches but still don't see why he's in the 11.

Karelis: 4. Useless. Exposed us down the left.

Mitro: 5. Poor. Gave the ball away so many times. Didn't create chances.

Subs:

Oikonomou: 5. Got better but really seems like a disaster in waiting.

Tachtsidis: 4. I expected him to come in and spray some proper passes but he constantly gave the  ball away.

Tziolis: n/a. Maniatis for Tziolis must be the saddest substitution ever made.

Agreed on everything except Tachtsidis. Guy is a footballing genius but noone can follow up (ex: him leaving hte ball for Mitroglou behind, who just wasnt there to take it). Didnt see him lose ball so often. Made a few high through balls at the beginning as well, but when he noticed that the Greeks can't take it(Only gianniotas can probably run that fast and smell such a long ball) he stopped. The fact that he stopped his own game to coexist with the team proves he is a very decent player. And im taking all my words back about him not being a starter, coz I was one of the people not up for it , since so many coaches αδιαφόρησαν for him.

Guys, I don't see how ANY of us can complain about a win after what we just went through with the recent Euro campaign. We were BEGGING for ugly wins not so long ago. 3-0 and with a real chance to actually qualify. Take it!

• Like it 2

Klavan man to man excellent. Got Centerback experience and what took my interest from the opponents is Klavan beating Mitroglou & Mantalos(bcz people forget he stopped Mantalos 1 on 1 like 4 times, cancelling a counterattack for us-yet everyone bashing Mitroglou for it, but praising Mantalos hmmm).

Can't really judge from this game. We were terrible but honestly xD our Right Back is our 3rd choice Centerback.

Our Centerback is out 5th choice Centerback. Also Fortounis, our main source of smart/fatasy plays missing. 

Stafylidis not only goal but also good running dog. God exposed once or twice however.

• Like it 1

9 points is a perfect start... But for those of you who think everyone else is bitching even though we won, then I'm sorry to say but you have no soccer IQ as that was horrible soccer by the NT. We beat Gibraltor, Cyprus and Estonia.. If we didn't get 9 points then we should be embarrassed. Like I said 9 points is great but we have a long way to go and let's start by using the right players. Estonia had us under pressure most of the match.  Even more troublesome is we couldn't even string two passes together and spread there defense of a minnow. we looked so sloppy. can you imagine playing against a team that has some finishers? We'd be F***ed. 

Tziolis only comes on in finished matches. 83' in a 2-0 vs a bad Estonia , in Gibraltar with a nonexistent opponent.

Its obvious that he is vusmatias and thats the only reason he is here for. If he was needed he would be joining against Cyprus, who Skibbe was still afraid of equalizing and utilized all his 3 subs. On the one hand this is good since it proves Skibbe is not as brainless as we believe, calling Tziolis like he needs it.