Phantis Forums
Reaper

Is Zeca Good Enough For The Greek National Team?

Is Zeca good enough for the Greek NT?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Zeca for the NT?

• Yes, he will be a welcome addition.
    • No, he is not good enough.

WHo is Zeca a 29 yr old journeymen not a member of OUR youth program THE EPO make me sick. The guy was worst than Tziolis they are both zeros and thats how many we scored yesterday. We have enough #6 style mids 

I was not in favour of a foreigner playing for our NT and I still hope we stray from that in the future, but this kid learned the language, has heart and bleeds for this team on the pitch. Great goal yesterday. 

Edited by Argy

It also impressed me that he was signing the national anthem, at least trying to.  He wants to be in the team, he tries hard and gives it his best.  Nothing else you can ask for.

At first I thought it was a bad idea to play a non Greek in this team but he has proven me and most people wrong. He should be a starter from now on. He has too much passion and grit. Sokratis, Manolas, Zeca and Torosidis are the ones that give 100%. I asking nothing more than 100%. Talented players like Mitroglou, Karnezis, Fortounis and Samaris need to lift their games or we could be going down in the rankings. I know everyone is not perfect. But players like Zeca and Sokratis are the ones the players should be looking at for motivation. 

• Like it 1

Skillwise he is limited but his work ethic more than makes up for that...that's why he has stood out in every game for the NT....especially when compared to Tziolis and Samaris who looked really bad playing next to him. He brings an energy to the midfield that the team has been lacking and I doubt Skibbe will leave him out of the starting 11 after his recent performances.

• Like it 2

22 hours ago, Dean97 said:

At first I thought it was a bad idea to play a non Greek in this team but he has proven me and most people wrong. He should be a starter from now on. He has too much passion and grit. Sokratis, Manolas, Zeca and Torosidis are the ones that give 100%. I asking nothing more than 100%. Talented players like Mitroglou, Karnezis, Fortounis and Samaris need to lift their games or we could be going down in the rankings. I know everyone is not perfect. But players like Zeca and Sokratis are the ones the players should be looking at for motivation. 

same Dean. I was really surprised too at how good Zeca has been for us. I mean scoring against Belgium + just being a total engine.

• Like it 2

He has been a massive difference in our midfield. Without him I don't know how we would have done. 

• Like it 1

"Skillwise he is limited"

If you check my posts, you will see that I am a huge Zeka fun. While I can see why people may say such a thing, they are wrong.

Zeka has skills needed in modern soccer: Fast; can run all day, can defend, can pressure, can curry the pall forward, can play multiple positions, can play on the middle as well as the wing. His passing is also OK (he improved a lot in the last couple of years).

If he had any more technical skills he would be playing for a top top club. As I said before, I am surprised that Olymbiakos and PAOK did not tried to get him when he was a free agent.

Imagine a midfield of Milivojevich, Zeka and Ofoe. Not bad.

Edited by PaoOle
  • Like it 2

8 hours ago, PaoOle said:

If you check my posts, you will see that I am a huge Zeka fun. While I can see why people may say such a thing, they are wrong.

Zeka has skills needed in modern soccer: Fast; can run all day, can defend, can pressure, can curry the pall forward, can play multiple positions, can play on the middle as well as the wing. His passing is also OK (he improved a lot in the last couple of years).

If he had any more technical skills he would be playing for a top top club. As I said before, I am surprised that Olymbiakos and PAOK did not tried to get him when he was a free agent.

His strength lies in breaking up plays and covering a lot of ground....he was used by PAO mainly in the areas that contained the offensive threat of the opposition, whether center, left or right. He puts in 100% effort almost every game and has the lungs and tenacity that few others do on the NT. It was Skibbe who kept urging him to move up in his first start for the NT against Bosnia, where he kept hanging back so that Stafylidis could get forward....the next game against Belgium he looked like a superstar....still it wouldn't be fair to the player to hold him to any high expectations offensively. I don't think he was ever a free agent with PAO....they kept renewing his contract until he was sold to Copenhagen.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:11 AM, PaoOle said:

zeca is way too classy of a player to go to a rival team imo.