Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

PAO Cup Games 2016-2017

40 minutes ago, Original Sydney said:

Just saw the standings you guys gota beat Apollon and hope OFI don't get a point from Iraklis and if they do get a point it will come down to GD and atm its in their favour...

I cannot believe I just read that!!! PANATHINAIKOS have to beat a coffee shop and then hope for a draw from 2 other coffee shop teams for our bourdello to qualify

halase o kosmos kai o panathinaikos

Wow. Good thing I had to work and no time to follow this game. What a disgrace this team has been. I thought Gabala would have been the bottom, but apparently, this team can sink lower. And, it feels worse actually since we have a better roster than then.

OK. Strama is out. Alafouzos's ownership has not come with a better teams as far as achievements go. Is there anyone else who could take the club, in this condition?  We had a long discussion about Alafouzo in another thread, but it's easier to replace a coach than the owner if no one is buying.

It's the internal culture of the club that sucks, plus the wrong people in important positions all these years. It's unacceptable that PAO with a higher budget and better players can't beat 2nd div teams or any other team that has no budget or players.

What is Gilberto doing? Anyone knows?

After seeing the highlights again, I feel disgusted how kotsolis is on this team. He should of been canned atleast 2 years ago.

• Like it 3

hahahahaha..... this is awesome. I actually have caught myself rooting against pao. This team couldn't beat my Thursday night indoor team. I'm actually starting to hate this organization. I have lost all respect for ownership, players, coaches, trainers, medical staff.... any coach who even thinks of playing ivanov for more then a minute in a professional soccer game, needs to be reevaluated. I don't ever see this team winning another game all year. And the best is our fans are chanting about aek and olympiacos when we may be the most pathetic organization in all of Europe. Screw gate 13, they wanted alafouzo, this is what they get. Pathetic drug using losers decided who our president is.

Don't forget to mention pao is playing w a man down and ivanov, remainder and xouxoumi is there defense. Hahaha

was the hell can't believe they dropped 4 out of nowhere. They were horrible the first half. Ofi is beating iraklis 2-0 

• Like it 1

Are you really through? Thought you drew with Iraklis and therefore with the same points GD is not in your favour.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

And very fortunate for you that the tiebreaking criteria is in that order. Now for you to get drawn against Olympiakos in the next round. I could use some entertainment, after all.

• Like it 1

Wow. I was busy today and on purpose I avoided finding out about this game until I came home from work. Didn't want to upset myself, but I can't believe that we went through and that we scored 4 goals! I think the cup may be something we could pursue this season but nevertheless this result is very good for morale.

people in this forum  are happy this team is through? w guys like ivanov and xouxoumi in back? this is by far the worst team in the 110 years of its existence. they BARELY beat apollon smyrni. apollon smyrni showed pao no respect and had possesion most of the game. they also hit a post and missed many chances... No team fears pao, and out of the last 16 remaining teams in the cup, panathinaikos is in the bottom 3. this win just bought ownership a lifeline. The fact that Ivanov and Xouxou are even in the practice squad makes me sick. id rather play w 10 men then start that bulgarian meat head. berg and lucas, the rest can hit the road. were still absolute s%$#! and have future ahead of us 

Yeah, we barely advanced in a very weak group, but this team needs something to look forward to, and the cup may be just that. Of course, we would never know, but under Strama I don't think this team would have come back to score 4 after being down 2 and facing elimination. So, it's been positive results since Ouzounidis came.

We need a bit of luck to draw a manageable team next, and after the addition of a couple players we could, at least, see some decent football. I know we have too many crappy players (again) but perhaps there's some hope for the near future.