Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

PAO Cup Games 2016-2017

jvc    752

^^They're all Xeni on Olympiakos....why do they fight for the shirt?  The owner is the real issue with PAO!!!

Reaper    1,389
2 minutes ago, jvc said:

^^They're all Xeni on Olympiakos....why do they fight for the shirt?  The owner is the real issue with PAO!!!

Olympiacos has more Greeks in its squad than Panathinaikos.

jvc    752

What's your point?  How many on the starting 11?   What Olympiakos goes out and finds players that want to play for the shirt in a crappie bordello league?  Fact is they only come for exposure....They can't wait until Olympiakos sells them to a better league,  and legitimate one.

athinaios    478

the easiest draw in a very long while...

the cup is the only realistic (but not very probable) title we can vie for this season....  Hopefully, we get some time for Ouzounidis to shape up the team before we draw the next opponent, which undoubtedly will be much harder than Kissamikos  (where is this team from?)

cocksta    727

λλου με τον Κισσαμικό Χανίων αύριο στη Λεωφόρο αποτελείται από τους: Στιλ, Κοτσόλη, Χουχούμη, Μαρινάκη, Μέστο, Τελάντερ, Ευαγγέλου, Λουντ, Μπουμάλ, Βλαχοδήμος Π., Βιγιαφάνιες, Λέτο, Μπεργκ, Χουλτ, Ρέις, Ρινάλντι, Χατζηγιοβάννης, Μίγγος.

jvc    752

Lol Jimmy....that was for beating Olympiakos and winning the championship.  Now we're chanting that playing against fisherman.

Jimmy Prasinos    441
1 hour ago, jvc said:

Lol Jimmy....that was for beating Olympiakos and winning the championship.  Now we're chanting that playing against fisherman.

I'm not that excited trust me, just happy to see Leto keep scoring

Here are the highlights, F*** those 2 first goals were beauties!

Edited by Jimmy Prasinos
  • Like it 1

jvc    752

Yup,  same here.  I remember watching him play in Toronto against Benfica....All Hart and guts.   It took half the Benfica team to stop him,  and walking off at half time he let them all know who has balls....5 players were holding Leto back from punching the crap out of them!

• Like it 1

Jimmy Prasinos    441

I was there too for that game in Toronto too, my friend actually has Leto's game worn jersey from that game, I have the #6 kit worn by Melissis (he sucked), but I remember Leto being lethal in that game

cocksta    727
38 minutes ago, Jimmy Prasinos said:

I was there too for that game in Toronto too, my friend actually has Leto's game worn jersey from that game, I have the #6 kit worn by Melissis (he sucked), but I remember Leto being lethal in that game

Great game that day in TO:)

how can there be any doubt by management not giving him a pay as play contract?

heard the youngsters did well today bravo

Lamiara ole    236
2 hours ago, cocksta said:

Great game that day in TO:)

how can there be any doubt by management not giving him a pay as play contract?

heard the youngsters did well today bravo

On that day the Benfica coach changed two RBs to hold Leto at bay. Τους είχε ζαλίσει στην ντρίπλα. Τους πέρναγε σταματημένο τους Πορτογάλους. He deserves another contract with more money no doubt. 

cocksta    727

Good to see the youngsters getting some playing time Rinaldi-Klona up front is nothing to rave about

Rinaldi 1st chance save by GK

REIS open header wide

1-0 Klona nice finish

57' ΓΚΟΛ για τον Παναθηναϊκό με τον Χατζηγιοβάνη!

how are we paying Rinaldi 350k the guy reeeks just missed from 2 yards out bad bad signing by Gilberto

Green Man    300

rinaldi got gizilion chances he has just not taking any of them and doubt he ever will!..most likely shipped off in the summer!....very happy for klonaridis and who this pispas low striking options might have been a blessing for us! :)

athinaios    478

Oh, I'd like to see more of the youngsters. They don't have the experience but they know PAO and are much more eager than those who get paid 100 times more than them but have produced nothing. Sorry, not "nothing'.... some of them have detracted value from the club.

I don't know about you guys, if we win the cup this year, it'd be the best I can hope for. The playoffs? meh. The cup winner plays in Europa so I'll be happy for that.

Give time to youngsters and build a team (once again... this is getting too old)

athinaios    478
14 hours ago, bkizoulis said:

Pao drew against asteras Tripoli for the cup

OK. At this point it's a good draw. Avoids some other teams we haven't beaten this season. ;)

It's doable, and hopefully it'll give us time to improve a bit before we're drawn against a much tougher opponent next round.

Green Man    300

^^hope we can beat asteras the cup is our big hope this season!...edit to add we just have to find good form and keep it up!

Edited by Green Man

val    220
On 02/02/2017 at 11:20 PM, athinaios said:

Oh, I'd like to see more of the youngsters. They don't have the experience but they know PAO and are much more eager than those who get paid 100 times more than them but have produced nothing. Sorry, not "nothing'.... some of them have detracted value from the club.

I don't know about you guys, if we win the cup this year, it'd be the best I can hope for. The playoffs? meh. The cup winner plays in Europa so I'll be happy for that.

Give time to youngsters and build a team (once again... this is getting too old)

Teams aren't built this way. Just like in any industry, experience is pivotal. You need to slow integrate youngsters to an already established experienced and competent group of players. Unfortunately we lack a good core, not to mention players and managers come and go like its nothing and naturally this makes it difficult to build anything. This season Arsenal promoted iwobi, who is obvious talented but has support from those around him who were all there the previous seasons. If iwobi were to come here, he would be clueless and deemed a palto. Most of the big teams can afford to integrate one or two youngsters in the starting lineup, without the system collapsing.

Epicurus    21

@val  Good points but surely you don't mean how Greek teams operate. Experience? Yeah, but it has to be relevant experience. And more important to understand what the mission is and where you are!  I'd rather have a youngster, who knows PAO's history and is eager to show his worth, instead of an "experienced" player who is not trying nor that he cares about anything besides his fat contract. Look at Essien our most recent and most expensive disaster....

And, surely you've been aware of the last 3 years when PAO got "experienced" players while having only a handful who were either Greek or knew what PAO meant.  Klonaridis who scored recently was the first Greek to score for PAO in like 3 years! 

PS> Klona has a Belgian citizenship...

cocksta    727

Στιλ, Βλαχοδήμος Ο., Κουτρουμπής, Χουχούμης, Μαρινάκης, Μέστο, Μολέδο, Ευαγγέλου, Κουλιμπαλί, Λουντ, Ζέκα, Βλαχοδήμος Π., Βιγιαφάνιες, Εμποκού, Μπεργκ, Ρέις, Χουλτ, Κλωναρίδης, Χατζηγιοβάνης, Πίσπας.