Phantis Forums

Greek Cup Games Topic

Phantis

• 1 month later...

Σα, Χουτεσιώτης, Καραργύρης, Μεριά, Κούτρης, Μιράντα, Βούκοβιτς, Τοροσίδης, Μαρτίνης, Καμαρά, Μπουχαλάκης, Νάτχο, Φορτούνης, Φετφατζίδης Γκιλιέρμε, Γιώργος Μασούρας, Ναουέλ, Γκερέρο, Χασάν, Βοΐλης

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I disagree it's not coach. Olympiakos still has most talented team in Greece undeniable but dont produce... they  dont defend well as they play too open (coach). Also why he sat fortounis vs lamia at start of game baffles me... play masouras as striker and sit Hassan. 

13 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

What an embarrassment! Losing to Lamia at home of all teams? 
Next season get a new coach, a very good coach. 

Some of our fans are so spoiled it is incredible, used to winning the title every year with ease and act like children having a tantrum when we happen to lose 1 or 2 every decade. In competition, the best does not always win, there will be upsets, setbacks and Leicesters and the like, that is how it is.

The team looks healthy, they are playing a style of soccer that suits the clubs identity, let the man work, let him continue on what he started or next year we will be in this same position. PAOK made how many signings this summer? How well have they performed as a team this season?  New coach every time a result does not go our way is why we are in this mess to begin with, a team cannot start from scratch every summer and expect to be cohesive. Enough with the aballoi fans and their entitlement.

This team needs two maybe three upgrades and we will be back on top. No more Guerreros and Mirandas, bring me  Giovanni, Galletti, Darko, Mellberg, Manolas, Roberto or even a Siovas. Marinaki has turned us into a modern club that makes good money selling good young players. It is time he ponied up for a genuine top class player or two he should be able to do that.

20 minutes ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Take a look back to the 2010 team,   and compare it to now.   This year's PAOK team would finish 20 points behind PAO and OLY.   Today is the dark days of Greek soccer.    Will it last 5, 10, 20 years who knows.

Don't compare PAO with us, it is the dark days for your club not Greek soccer, you are drinking the kool aid. PAOK has a great team this year, it is not because the arabs are dence that they paid 10 million for the serb striker.

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

A Greek soccer team will never make the CL again.   

Put your money up.

1 hour ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

I told this will come 5 years ago.   And you laughed at me.   

The more things change...

4 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

We seen the great AEK team last year win the championship,  with their loaned players and a 7 million dollar budget....were great representatives of Greek soccer in the CL.   This year we have another great champion in PAOKAKI....great performance in Europa against scrap.   I mean while other European clubs are selling players for 10s of millions Euros to top leagues in Europe....PAOKAKI outsmarted all by selling to the mighty Arabs.  Maybe he could of played in England,   for big buck!!!   Lol.    You haven't seen nothing yet.   While other mid pack leagues in Europe have budgets now of 150 million....the mighty Olympiakos is playing with 50 million.  Same with PAOKAKI,  and AEK is hovering around 10 mill....and PAO is bankrupt.   Don't worry my friend,  the good days are ahead.

Paok was not outsmarted, Paok had no choice whatsoever in the matter in weather Prijo would leave or not. The clause of 10 million turned out to be too low. Once a clause like that is triggered the team has no say. Also Paok is playing with 60-70 ish something million. 

Paok  may also dominate the next few generations of Greek league not because the league is worse off but because the Savidis actually invests heavily in the team, not just the Main team, but also the infrastructure; youth teams; training grounds, scouting young talents etc, and it shows as their pretty much dominating all age groups across all leagues. Weather or you like it the future may very well belong to PAOK even if the rest of the league gets back on track.  

And your mentioning past results, even though Paok's team is improving every year, and is essentially a team that is still being built. Savidis has European aspirations, he knows that there is more money in the CL, even potentially an extra 40 mill for qualifying (that what Basel gets). Paok is a way different team then what it used to be. 

All your arguments revolve around the fact that paok never qualified for CL and yet we very know the potential of the team, but we also know the reason why it failed in the last year qualification (benfika ain't exactly a push over, their marketing deal is more then the whole greek league combined). Paok players couldn't keep up with so many matches at that level, conditioning was poor and a poor defence. Once that issue is resolved we may be seeing a very different paok.

However most of the league is indeed hitting the shitter, hopefully, Aek at least will get back on track, and Aris will sort itself and continue with good signings, so that we will see some competition next year. Hopefully, Marinakis will invest in his team inorder to keep up with Paok, and not give up. So that atleast the league becomes more interesting to watch.

Edited by Nilaul
  • Like it 1

Don't worry @PAOTHEGREAT soon ND will govern in Greece and the economy will be fixed.  People will be able to spend lots of money on important things like football and bouzoukia (every 20 year old I ask that visits Greece swears the economy is fine) instead of worrying about food and how they will heat their home.

• Like it 1

On 3/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, PAOTHEGREAT said:

We seen the great AEK team last year win the championship,  with their loaned players and a 7 million dollar budget....were great representatives of Greek soccer in the CL.   This year we have another great champion in PAOKAKI....great performance in Europa against scrap.   I mean while other European clubs are selling players for 10s of millions Euros to top leagues in Europe....PAOKAKI outsmarted all by selling to the mighty Arabs.  Maybe he could of played in England,   for big buck!!!   Lol.    You haven't seen nothing yet.   While other mid pack leagues in Europe have budgets now of 150 million....the mighty Olympiakos is playing with 50 million.  Same with PAOKAKI,  and AEK is hovering around 10 mill....and PAO is bankrupt.   Don't worry my friend,  the good days are ahead.

When has a bag of money ever scored a goal?

On 3/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, PAOTHEGREAT said:

This is the worst era in Greek soccer....PAOK will not raise the level of Greek soccer....and nobody in Greece cares.   Athens accounts for over 70 of the fan base in Greece.   I'm not having a argument here,    just using facts.   When you see the league ranking 17 after next year,  you will finally realize the situation.   PAOK can win 20 championships in a row....at the end of the day,  very few will care.   Basically what I'm telling you is,    the Greek league is now at the level of Bulgaria,  Romania,  Serbia, Albania and so on.

Yeah and you think that people ain't trying to turn around this sinking ship? They are, the government is doing what they can, of course, they ain't gonna relegate teams like Olympiakos for match-fixing, or any other big team, because it is a brand name, and if you relegate them what is left? Even less strong teams in the 1st league, but F*** the penalties should be way more severe if you don't relegate, like confiscating all the money from champions league and distributing it amongst smaller teams. And that could be actually an interesting system, all fines and everything to be redistributed to the small teams at the end of the year and investment in various local pitches etc.

Unfortunately, you also have Uefa's stupid rule which forbids the government from interfering too much with football, like all the freaking changes have to approved by all the teams in Superleague, even if its for the betterment of the league. So what we have right now in Greek football is a comfortable system of Mafias and s%$#!.

Edited by Nilaul

Paok actually may help to raise the level of soccer to some extent, due to their investments in their academies and youngsters, do you think that every single player will be good enough for the main team? Probably not, but they may be good enough for  Larissa, and they might even be better then what so called Larrisa has now. It's what EPO should be doing now, heavily investing in the future.

• Like it 1

• Tzatziki unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • Tzatziki changed the title to Greek Cup Games Topic