Phantis Forums

Greek Cup 2016-2017

Dutch Eagle

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

They could not pick four balls to draw, but they were able to set the dates for the semis in the meantime ....

Well it involves a lot of work. Need to go back cool down certain balls to appropriate temperature. Too much hassle and it was almost lunch time. The easiest thing was to redo the whole thing next week.  

• Like it 1

Όσο πιο πολύ το ψυρίζουμε, τόσο πιο πολύ πιστεύω ότι θα αποκλειστούμε στον ημιτελικό...

Δεν έχουμε καλές αντιδράσεις όταν είμαστε το φαβορί στα μεγάλα παιχνίδια. Πρέπει με κάποιον τρόπο να πάμε ως outsider για να έχουμε κάποια τύχη.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

I read that if its AEK - PAOK final it'll be held in Crete.

PAE PAOK should never allow that. Of all the people it's Vryzas, who is in charge of the Greek Cup at EPO, came up with this dumb idea.

Ποια Κρήτη μωρέ; Να γίνει στο Πανθεσσαλικό αν θέλουν να μοιράσουν την απόσταση.

Αυτό βέβαια ΑΝ φτάσουν οι Δικέφαλοι στον τελικό.

Ο Παναθηναϊκός θα είναι ο αντίπαλος του ΠΑΟΚ στα ημιτελικά του κυπέλλου Ελλάδας, μετά την κλήρωση που έγινε πριν από λίγο στα γραφεία της ΕΠΟ.

Το πρώτο παιχνίδι θα γίνει στη Λεωφόρο 12 ή 13 Απριλίου (Μεγάλη Τετάρτη ή Μεγάλη Πέμπτη), και ο επαναληπτικός στην Τούμπα 26 ή 27 Απριλίου στην Τούμπα.

Το άλλο ζευγάρι θα είναι Ολυμπιακός-ΑΕΚ με το πρώτο ματς να γίνεται στο Καραϊσκάκη και το δεύτερο στο ΟΑΚΑ.

http://inpaok.com/342636/με-παναθηναϊκό-στα-ημιτελικά/

We play them for SL on April 9 at home and then away for the cup 3 or 4 days later. We will need to be very careful as they are a sneaky team. Notice that they already chose to sit out some of their starters (Berg among them) in our SL game. They will have rested players for the first cup game. Our goal in the first game should be not to lose and if possible score. Then come to Toumba and take care of the qualification.

The other good thing is that they have a tough schedule until then (AEK, Panionios). 

it will be a tough semifinal, but if we play like we can, our chances are fairly good to progress. 

Απόσπασμα άρθρου γνωστού βάζελου στο sdna όπως μας λέει εμμέσως πλην σαφώς ότι ο ΠΑΟΚ συνηθίζει να ευνοείται σε ματς κόντρα στον Παναθηναϊκό. Πόσοι σιχαμένοι είστε ρε βάζελοι;

Θέλω να πω πως δεν με χάλασε λοιπόν  καθόλου το σταύρωμα με τον ΠΑΟΚ και πιστεύω ότι ο Παναθηναϊκός θα περάσει στον τελικό. Και αγωνιστικά είναι καλύτερος αυτή την εποχή και γενικά στα κρίσιμα του τον έχει πάρει τον αέρα του Δικεφάλου, οπότε θεωρώ ότι το τριφύλλι στο τέλος της ημέρας και εφόσον δεν δούμε τίποτα «ομορφιές» εύκολα ή δύσκολα θα χαμογελάσει. Αρκεί να μπει με το μαχαίρι στα δόντια, να μπει σαν ΠΑΝΑΘΗΝΑΪΚΟΣ."

I don't think our schedule is as tough as PAO's. Your next three SL games are against AEK, Panionios, and PAOK, If you drop points in those game you will need to make concerted effort to secure a playoff spot. In our case, if we beat Larisa in our next game (which we should easily), we are pretty much securely in the playoffs and then we can concentrate on the cup. 

I think it's 50-50 as far as who will progress. It will depend on who performs better in the two games. The result of the first game at Leoforo will be important. I also think whoever wins this semifinal tie will also win the cup, specially if Olympiakos will be in the final.

I honestly can see everyone winning this Cup. The differences between the teams are not that huge and as Ziaka says it will depend on the form at those specific days. Based on PAOK's past I would put him last because he doesn't know how to prioritize games and how to win a game when the ball is burning. And I am sorry to admit that. On the other hand our squad if healthy might be the best out of the semifinalists. But really slightly...

You guys have no chance at Leoforos!  It'll be PAO-AEK for the final.:characters-364221:

Though seriously, at this point any team can win the cup. Same for the playoffs. What makes me a bit confident for PAO is that they seem to be clicking in ways not seen in a very long time. Yes, gavroi are they worst in many years, but not even having a scoring chance at the derby may indicate PAO is getting stronger.

PAOK played in the Greek Cup final 17 times, winning it 4 times.

Of those 17 finals only two were played in Thessaloniki, and that is because both finalists were from Thessaloniki. One of the finals was a double (home/away) game affair. 

The remaining 14 finals that PAOK took place in were all held in Athens/Piraeus.

The semifnal Greek Cup schedule is as follows:

April 12:  Panathinaikos - PAOK
April 13:  Olympiakos - AEK

----------------------------------------

April 26:  AEK - Olympiakos
April 27:  PAOK - Panathinaikos

All games start at 19:00 EEST

Also it was announced by EPO that the final will be played at a neutral venue, which means that if AEK makes it to the final it will not be played at OAKA. 

Stadiums in consideration are:

OAKA - Athens
Pagkrytio - Iraklio
Kaftanzoglio - Thessaloniki
AEL FC Arena - Larisa
Pampeloponnisiako - Patra

13 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

I just read that in the last 80-something years the cup final was in thessaloniki 3 times. 

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

PAOK played in the Greek Cup final 17 times, winning it 4 times.

Of those 17 finals only two were played in Thessaloniki, and that is because both finalists were from Thessaloniki. One of the finals was a double (home/away) game affair. 

The remaining 14 finals that PAOK took place in were all held in Athens/Piraeus.

That is why Greece is Athens and not Thessaloniki.

That is why all the money are in the capital Greece and what left for Thessaloniki is the title "Συμπρωτεύουσα" which does not exist in any other country. At least from the few countries I have heard. They took all the money in the capital and they gave to the poor Northerners of Thessaloniki this stupid title. And because those who live in Thessaloniki are stupid, they are happy their city is called "Συμπρωτεύουσα".

That is why those who came πρόσφυγες from Μικρά Ασία where Τουρκόσποροι and the Ελληνάρες did not want them.

And that is why everything is about money!