Phantis Forums

AEK in Greek Cup 2016-17

Original Sydney

Really pleasing to see, however Levadiakos didn't look interested.

We play Platanias away next week on 7 Feb, then at home on 28 Feb. A really good opportunity to make the semi’s 

Xanthi v PAOK should be an interesting tie!

• Lazarus changed the title to Greek Cup 2016-17

Poor football so far. Very stop start, there hasn't been a shot since I've been watching. Lots of fouls, Platianas have been pressing us well, we can't hold the ball at all. Araujo has been everywhere, looks lively. Bakasetas looks slow and needs to work harder!

Original have been great, you can only hear them!

Pitch is good but the ball bounces up sometimes. PAME AEK

Half time, 0-0.

An interesting last few minutes. Platanias keeper lucky not to be sent off, he handled the ball right on the edge of the box. Free kick by Mantalos punched away. 

I'm off to bed, hopefully we can win 1-0, looks like 0-0 at the moment...

I only tuned in 30 minutes in and only now realised Bakasetas is playing, Platanias are a good unit, few dirty tackles.

Mandalos or Bakasetas I think it was had a decent shot on goal if it fell a little better it would have been 1-0 with Araujo on the rebound just didnt sit right for him.

I love Vranje's passion/anger we need more players like him, just hope it doesnt lead to red cards haha.

Game has opened up more now, Araujo is like a dog running everywhere.

What a save by Anestis, unreal.

A fair result in the end, we only had 2 real chances with the Mandalos shot ad Galo's that just went wide in the first, Platanias had the best chance but Anestis did very good.

A strange/different lineup 3-5-2 to what the team is usually used to probably played a part in the lack of chances. I think the main goal by Jimenez was not to concede and take them back to OAKA.

Looking forward to the return leg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Lazarus changed the title to AEK in Greek Cup 2016-17