Phantis Forums

AEK - Iraklis

Dikefale11

I'll be at the game and it will be the last game I'll see as there's only Oly away before I leave for back home. Tempted to go Karaiskaki with my cousin as he's the only Oly fan in my family but we will see what happens, will have to wear a jumper there to cover my Aek tat otherwise I won't come out alive haha

The boys are playing good football and are in great spirit so we should get the job done at home. Don't see many changes to the lineup, only one maybe Almeida I would say so he's rested for Oly.

• Like it 1

Timour tested out:

Anestis Bakakis Chygrinski Lescott Didac Johanson Simoes Vargas Bakasetas Patito and Pekhart

Logical choices for the most part, this squad should be able to easily defeat Iraklis at home. I agree with Timour, we shouldn't start Lazaros so that we don't rush him back in too soon. The worst thing we can do is start him when he's not 100% ready, he gets hurt, and we go into Karaiskaki without both Mantalos and Lazaros.

As for Lescott, some people will correctly point out that he's not at 100% yet and Kolovetsios would play just as well as him, however, it is vital that he gets playing time to get to 100% and to build chemistry with Chygrisnki. I would like nothing more than to have those two in perfect sync holding down our defense in Karaiskaki next week. 

It would have been great to have Mantalos Patito Lazaros and Almeida all play together and be ready for the Olympiakos game, but we had some bad luck. Bakasetas coming in for Mantalos is not much of a drop off in ability, but we lose our captain. 

Almeida is fit to play and would have played if we didn't have the Olympiakos game coming up. He's being rested for obvious reasons. Pekhart gets a chance to prove himself, something Aravidis probably would have gotten if he was not stupid and post his complaints on facebook.

• Like it 1

I won't underestimate Iraklis they played well last week vs Oly.

Overall we have options to replace our injuries/rest a few guys for the Oly match.

Mandalos we all know does well for us but Bakasetas can play 10 and will be good running at Iraklis defenders.

As for Lazaros if he gets 30mins in that will be good then give him a start vs Oly.

We will be almost at full strength when we play Oly. I expect Mandalos to also play against them, may be a risk but he will want to play.

Will be good to see how Pekhart does up top. 

Che try monoaek.blogspot.gr always works for me.

HT 0-0, Pekhart offers nothing. Vargas is frustrating as F*** and his corners have been terrible. Bakasetas is trying but has no forward movement or option in final 3rd.

Patito trying but again nothing happening up top.

Other than that we are in control but Ketsbaia needs to change something, throw Bakasetas up top is prob the best thing to do.

This is not a game to be dropping points especially at home and with top spot up for grabs.

I know how important Mandalos is but didn't realise we would miss him and Almeida this much tonight.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic