Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tantra129

Justin Trudeau

1 hour ago, ELLAS75 said:

This looks interesting I would try to bring the team I play with in outdoor league here. 

You guys ever play in the Chicago tournaments?

yes.. i posted some pics from the gs.com tourney in the gs.com thread

nice article

Belt-tightening mantra out of step with economic times

By: Robert Chernomas and Ian Hudson

Buchanan argued that a host of social ills could be ascribed to government spending, and what he saw as its inflation-causing tendencies, including "a generalized erosion in public and private manners, increasingly liberalized attitudes toward sexual activities, a declining vitality of the Puritan work ethic, deterioration in product quality, explosion of the welfare rolls, widespread corruption in both the private and the governmental sector, and, finally, observed increases in the alienation of voters from the political process."

"poor buchanan"

Three economists at the International Monetary Fund, long a leading advocate and international enforcer of austerity policies, recently published a paper titled Neoliberalism: Oversold, in which they argued that running budget surpluses through austerity policies is doubly dangerous.

First, contrary to the belief that smaller government will unleash the private sector and create economic growth, the reduction of government spending reduces demand and slows the economy.

Second, the austerity programs required to reduce the size of the state create increased inequality, which further harms growth. Countries where incomes are more equally distributed tend to grow faster and have growth cycles that last longer. In fact, "policymakers should be more open to redistribution than they are," according to the paper.

---

Government spending and redistributive policies do not hinder economic growth: they help create it. Provincial governments thinking about slashing equality-increasing policies in the name of fiscal responsibility should keep up with the times.

---

so what about that govt spending?

Your loverboy used his dead brother's legacy to promote pot legalization - he is a national disgrace. Remeber the election promise he made on electoral reform? That's dead too. 

Maxime Bernier is the only CPC candidate who can win a decent number of votes in Quebec and will become the next CPC leader (and PM). 

i'm not following trudeau blindly. so loverboy he is not. actually i'm against legalizing pot.

i don't agree with everything he does, but election reform was never an issue to me. i could not care less. think about it, what difference will it make in your life?

we need to recover from close to a decade of taking from the lower and  middle classes to feed the rich, so long as a harper type is delayed access to power, i'm fine with that.

projects don't get delivered overnight, let's wait and see the outcome. in terms of the economy, so far the numbers are showing that trudeau is doing great.

as for bernier, not much to comment. o'leary would have been a disaster, if i had to pick the poison, i would have picked bernier.

let's see, but if i were to bet, i think trudeau will be here for a very long time.

Why in the world would you be against legalizing pot??? All drugs should be legal, I prefer the money goes to our elected criminals than the ones that are in the shadows....After they are done lining their own pockets at least some of the $$ might go to good use, as opposed to buying gold plated ak's or wtv the hell a drug dealer might wish to buy. Also the product can be better controlled, people would know what they are buying, no more unnecessary deaths or medical emergencies. Nevermind an end to violence, decrease in incarceration...And finally more than likely a decrease in drug use.

Trudeau has let me down on Pot legalization and First nation issues, I have not been watching closely to make a fair assessment, but I get the feeling that he is not going to be as great as I thought he could be. That being said, it does not necessarily mean that he will be a bad leader, just not as great as I thought he would be...time will tell. Up until now though he needs to be better I feel. I should pay more attention, and come back with a better opinion though.

to be honest it's not a big issue for me.

i don't use so it will not change my life one bit.

you are right about the criminals though. they'll just move on to other opportunities.

i've seen many people let it ruin their lives, legal or not. the problem with legalizing it is you increase availability. more availability, you will have a larger audience of users and then abusers. the abuse of pot leads to other issues.

On 30/04/2017 at 10:03 PM, tantra129 said:

the problem with legalizing it is you increase availability. more availability, you will have a larger audience of users and then abusers.

This is a proven fallacy.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:03 PM, tantra129 said:

to be honest it's not a big issue for me.

i don't use so it will not change my life one bit.

you are right about the criminals though. they'll just move on to other opportunities.

i've seen many people let it ruin their lives, legal or not. the problem with legalizing it is you increase availability. more availability, you will have a larger audience of users and then abusers. the abuse of pot leads to other issues.

On 5/2/2017 at 5:56 AM, Tzatziki said:

This is a proven fallacy.

Actually Portugal is a study case of dealing with the drug epidemic. After legalizing drugs almost a generation ago deaths (and dare I say associated violence) from drug use have plummeted.

What I gather from this is that dealing with a societal problem by using reason and being politically brave (often go against certain perceptions or demands) results in positive outcomes that benefit everyone! So, yeah, better outcomes do change your life if the society/country you live in does better.

4 minutes ago, athinaios said:

Actually Portugal is a study case of dealing with the drug epidemic. After legalizing drugs almost a generation ago deaths (and dare I say associated violence) from drug use have plummeted.

have a glass of wine on NAFTA

red or white?

Thank you. I will. NAFTA has been a net gain for the US. Usually trade is. The key with anything that has  transformative effect is what you do with those who lose economically.  Of course there are winners and losers in a changing economy.

A similar example is the coal miners who have been losing their jobs. How do you help them? Yes, it's better for the country to move away from coal, but the losers should be helped.... but that would require a more activist state, a stronger social safety net, etc.  Rhetoric alone (like I feel you pain, or my thoughts and prayers are with you) does nothing.  But, it seems the governing party in the US right now is doing the opposite of helping the economically weak or those hurt by NAFTA or by moving away from coal.

By the way, the same party supports fracking which is one of the main reasons coal jobs are disappearing.

Didn't you hear???

The war on coal is over. 

Hahahahahahahha

evolution

in 10 years when the states falls behind in terms  of  technology and innovation , don't blame that leadership group, remember  this one

Ahhh rats, I knew I shoulda cross checked, the story had an "Onion" type feel to it, damn fake news...sorry guys, really poor form on my part, how embarrassing.

What kind of thing is that to say jeez.....I just heard the woman on am radio, the man is not living in a world anywhere near this solar system...this is a lay up, basic etiquette 101 show some empathy to a grieving woman, what does he think simply getting a call from himself should be the highlight of her life or something and instantly make her whole life rainbows and lollipops from here on out despite her loss? How about this nation thanks him for his service, his sacrifice and those of others like him is what keeps this country safe and free or something consoling? O anthropos einai UFO. No wonder he looks like such a buffoon with just about every foreign photo opp he is about as diplomatic and tactful as a napalm bomb fart in a packed elevator. Dumb and entitled cry baby ape. No wonder his own wife cannot even pretend to tolerate (not like, just bare) to be in public with the fossil.

Whomever voted or sided with the POTUS, what is your view on the man so far? Are you happy with his work? Underwhelmed, not sure, or just in it for the tax break or some hope that he might be a messianic leader the world needs? Yes he is different, he is not a politician, he represents a sort of change, or is an outlet for people's rage or other feelings, but he is a stain on the history of a country that has been and still is a world leader and represents some of the finer ideals that we all or at least most sane people, respect, envy, and strive to emulate.

12 hours ago, Lazarus said:

It did make me laugh, because he's really capable of doing such a thing. Read the latest?

CNN: Congresswoman says Trump told widow of fallen soldier 'he knew what he signed up for'

It's just as good...

Trump also lied that Obama  and other presidents didn't call the families of fallen soldiers. It's, of course, Trump who's so sensitive about such things....  He's another chicken hawk, who had better things to do than enlist...

@tantra129 it looks like Mr Trudeau will be legalizing marijuana.  You probably knew this already but hey, I'm out of the loop and only heard it on the radio this morning.  Fun times to be had in the igloo.

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

@tantra129 it looks like Mr Trudeau will be legalizing marijuana.  You probably knew this already but hey, I'm out of the loop and only heard it on the radio this morning.  Fun times to be had in the igloo.

005675289b0655cb2b2cdd9a5aba057d--knock- Watch for bears.... they have an acute sense of smell