Phantis Forums

Greek Championship 2016-17

Accor6

• 3 months later...

I watched the latest game PAO-Effes and we almost lost it. Very lucky to go to OT and then win.
I don't know, we don't seem to have it this year. Oly is in great form and they've beat PAO in all games this season.

In a few days, we're going to their home to play for the cup, but I'm not hopeful. Last time, just over a week ago, PAO lost without even trying.

This team isn't what it used to be.

My goodness, this was so gooooood. They won this game on their own; gavroi didn't lose it. Gives me high hopes for this team...  I think we've been winning 90% of the knockout games against Oly many years now, so we'll get another cup this season.

Of course, I'm not losing sight of the Euroleague and the domestic championship.......  But, maybe this team will peak on the right moment..

• 4 months later...

Just for the record, PAO won the double after defeating OSFP 3-2 in the league's playoffs. I haven't watched a more exciting game this season than game 5 when Panatha went to gavroi home to beat them by 15 points and win the title.  Just a few weeks ago, everybody was upset about the team being shut out from the Final 4 and how Oly was such a better team.... Well, Oly didn't win anything this season, and PAO won the double. In the 5 games for the championship, PAO was clearly the better team. It lost 2 games because they lost focus not because they were vastly outplayed. A well-deserved title. Back on the throne after 2 years....:cool: