Phantis Forums

Greece V Cyprus: Oct. 7, 2016 World Cup Qualifier - Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium ( Piraeus )

HellasLEAF

I'm pretty sure most people on here agree that Holebas needs to be a starter. What happens now without Samaris starting the next two games who takes his spot? Not that Samaris has been anything great for us but he's the only guy we have.

18 hours ago, ProudHellene said:

Way too many ad hominem attacks on grkcdn. I tend to disagree with his views (especially re Samaras) and I know his style can be abrasive when challenged, but the Vaseline images and the vitriol from the other two is excessive. 

Homo attacks ?  Vaseline ?  When did this site become G-A-Y ?

3 hours ago, tantra129 said:

ah re bananas

a nice guy like you .....  πως σε κάνουνε έτσι?

Νομιζω πως εχω χαζεψει με αυτα που εχω διαβασει σε αυτο το thread και τωρα δεν ξερω τι λεω.

It's been pretty intense on subject matter that is for the most part extremely subjective.

And then, somewhere along the way it got personal.  Don't know why.  I just skim over the posts now but the vaseline picture kind of stood out.

Hopefully we are nearing the end of it.  Hopefully.

Look, there is probably a way for him to play with the mask on but as we know, us Greeks, its about playing well and looking good too when on the field. Petro won't put that on, it won't enhance his appeal to the ladies.

Bet Tzioli would wear it, given the fact he is the Adonis of the Greek team given the absences of Samaris and even Samaras. Tzioli would scare the Cypriot team out of their wits. When I played, I made sure my hair was style cut like most of my teammates.  

Edited by ausgreek

With the 50/50's, you sway towards playing for your country rather than not. Let's hope he is right on the day and plays Skankarino. Aek's decision shouldn't have a bearing on whether he plays for the pirates anyway.

Edited by ausgreek

23 hours ago, ausgreek said:

With the 50/50's, you sway towards playing for your country rather than not. Let's hope he is right on the day and plays Skankarino. Aek's decision shouldn't have a bearing on whether he plays for the pirates anyway.

And why not? He just had surgery yesterday and the doctors said that he probably won't be able to play for 15-20 days even with a mask. When a player is legitimately injured like Mantalos is, it should be up to the club if he can play for the ethniki or not. The club pays his salary and has a lot more invested in him than the ethniki does, why should he have to play for the ethniki when he's not 100% ready?  

Reaper felt it's not an injury that should keep him out. Sounds like a fair assumption to me too. If he is unfit as declared by an independent doctor, replace him with Sotiri Ninis.

Aek, the great club that it is, must not be the final authority on Petros playing.He doesn't need to be kept in cotton wool 'just incase'. Representing your country comes first I've learn't, and don't want to learn something less authentic. His bread is buttered by the ethniki too when he plays.

The pirates were Humiliated on the world stage not long ago, and taking internationals seriously is a priority!

Kone played as a starter. Tachtsidis played 2nd half against Juve (they only conceded once while he played so can't figure if he played bad/well).

They were both not playing before the matches with Ned/Gibraltar so I guess that's why SKibbe didnt call em up. Right now , I can't think of anyone else (maybe Siopis but we gotta see the team without Ouzounidis Influence , bcz his coaching is still with the team right now), so I expect them both to get called. And I hope Maniatis Tziolis, or at least one of them don't. Don't get me wrong however. I rate Maniatis, but why call sm1 who hasn't played for months.