Phantis Forums

Greece V Cyprus: Oct. 7, 2016 World Cup Qualifier - Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium ( Piraeus )

HellasLEAF

^we did dominate possession last campaign against Finland,FI,and NI even Hungary and we ate goals on the counter and set pieces from each team, I don't think anyone is suggesting go all out and neglect the defense, I think the issue here is there is no fluidity in our game, there is a huge gap between Midfeilders and Forwrds, when we are attacking or breaking out we aren't moving up as a unit which is not giving us options to control the ball, it seems like our chances are one and done either it ends up being a solo act by a player with no support. We need to close the gap between our back end and Forwards. I feel like our mids are afraid to move up in the fear of getting caught on the counter which is really ruining the flow. It doesn't help that Maniatis is in the midfield. We need someone to be able to control the mid and control the pace. I know we've been searching but until someone with SKILL is put in that role it won't change our style. 

• Like it 2