Phantis Forums

EL - 4QR - 1st Leg: Dinamo Tbilisi - PAOK (18 Aug 16, 19:00 Gr)

Blackhawk

Great result!

In terms of our team we have a coach on the roght track and we have a deep squad.

Now i need to see more of canas and biseswar before i say much on them.

I think paoks target in terms of squad should be to push and help rodriguez get goals and have a solid injury free season to sell him for 4-5m and bring in a player of more quality.

We are on the right track.

Why was Pelkas not included in the mission guys? Is the coach not fond of him?

Back when I was a young lad, so long ago that my mind is hazy, when you wore the number 10 on your back it meant something.  It was like saying "I am the most skillful, the most technical player on this team".  The number 10 was the player that made the game, that split defences, the guy you had to watch out for.

Pelkas is not that yet.  He has glimpses, but I haven't seen him do it for an entire game.  He drifts in and out of the play.  If he can do the job, fine, go prove it, because right now he's just another talent.  I'm not saying PAOK shouldn't keep him, I'm just saying he's not really a 100% starter yet.

Back when I was a young lad, so long ago that my mind is hazy, when you wore the number 10 on your back it meant something.  It was like saying "I am the most skillful, the most technical player on this team".  The number 10 was the player that made the game, that split defences, the guy you had to watch out for.

Pelkas is not that yet.  He has glimpses, but I haven't seen him do it for an entire game.  He drifts in and out of the play.  If he can do the job, fine, go prove it, because right now he's just another talent.  I'm not saying PAOK shouldn't keep him, I'm just saying he's not really a 100% starter yet.

Drifting in and out of the play is fine. The history of football is littered with geniuses who did nothing for entire games but when they were involved tore them apart. This is not Pelkas. He makes too many stupid decisions. He moves well and he has some tricks but when you need someone to make a move count, this kid is not it.

That's not to say his decision making won't develop with experience, but he should be getting it somewhere he can play 30 times a year, whether it's on loan in B' ethniki or elsewhere.

• Like it 1