Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L2: PAOK - Ajax (03-Aug-16, 21:30 GR)

Blackhawk

A couple things ... First, I'm amped this game is on Laola1.tv and I hope it means the contract extended to this season as it's the only reliable way for me (in the US) to watch (home) games without buying a satellite dish.

Second, I'm surprised Pelkas gets left off the squad. He played well in all the friendlies, and this is a game we may need to score a couple of goals.

Third, we have to accept the fact Pereyra can only play striker, and he's relatively good at that spot, so basically he is a role player who will get spot starts. 

Finally, if Rodriguez doesn't have his head in the game from the start, Ivic better put Mystakidis in at half. When Rodriguez is at his worst, he kills possessions. 

The thing about Rodrigues, is that when he does manage to put something together, he's very very impressive. This will put pressure on Ivic to keep him on in the hopes that one moment of great play will overcome any bad performance up to that point.

But that said, I would agree - sub him out quick if he's not on fire. We also don't have many other wingers available on the bench - Mistakidis is the only one who regularly plays that role, and is in shape. Biseswar might be a risk to bring in, and Kitsiou can play as RW, but hasn't for months (and never regularly).

Pumped too. According to history in CL and EL we have 74.2% chance to win/advance after a 1-1 the first leg.

Last time we scr%?}# it, so this time it's our turn.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1