Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L2: PAOK - Ajax (03-Aug-16, 21:30 GR)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpgvs Ajax.jpg

MATCHUP:          P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki ? FC Ajax Amsterdam

COMPETITION:   Champions League ? Qualifying Round 3

DATE:                  03-August-2016

TIME:                   21:30 GR  (18:30 GMT, 13:30 CDT, 04:30 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:  Thessaloniki  - Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:         Anthony Taylor - Gary Beswick, Lee Betts (England)

TELEVISION:      Nova Sports 1 (Greece), Ziggo Sport (Holland), Sport Plus (USA, Canada, Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

PAOK's History against Ajax Amsterdam

1973: Toumba Stadium (Att: 45,000), Friendly Game:  PAOK - Ajax  1:1  (36. Sarafis)

1988: Kaftanzoglio St. (Att. ?), Friendly Game:  PAOK - Ajax  4:2  (13. Fernando, 15. Skartados, 64. Alexandridis, 90. Malioufas

2010: CL-QR3-L1:  Amsterdam Arena (Att. 24,151):  Ajax - PAOK  1:1  (72. Ivic)

2010: CL-QR3-L2:  Toumba Stadium (Att. 24,109):   PAOK - Ajax  3:3  (16. Vieirinha, 56. Salpiggidis, 90. Ivic)

2016: CL-QR3-L1:  Amsterdam Arena (Att. ?):  Ajax - PAOK  1:1  (27. Campos)

We got the very important away goal. If we don't concede at Toumba we are through. It's going to be a tough game, but we can do it. Just hope it's not a repeat of 2010. At least they don't have a Suarez type player this time around.

Here's my guess as to the lineup. Based on what Ivic has said in the past few days.

--Glykos--

--Matos--Crespo--Tzavellas--Leovac--

--Cimirot--Pereyra--Charisis--

--Campos--Klaus--Rodrigues--

Essentially, just Pereyra over Shakhov. We need to go for the jugular on Wednesday. Put in that fourth attacking player and go wild, I say.

I honestly didn't even notice Shakhov. I have faith in him long-term, but we need people who will perform *now*. Campos and Rodrigues both are hanging by a thread, I think Mistakidis needs to be subbed on at the first sign of trouble (if not start immediately). Perhaps Pelkas as well.

Don't forget Canas is on the list. Not sure how ready he is but I just want to see Tziolis further down the food chain. If he didn't start today, he won't start next week. Birsewar will get some action. Not expecting too many changes to the lineup. Most of the danger came from shots outside the box directly in front indicating the lack of defensive cover provided by our midfield (Shakov the main offender)

In terms of injuries:

Charisis has no problem and will be available

Tzavellas got knocked up but should also be available

Rodrigues is the most seriously hurt, and limping on his way to the airport. Does not seem too serious however.

If we win this next match, we will also get $3mm in prize money for participating in the playoff, and will of course also guarantee EL group stage involvement.

I just think that is Charisis is already playing as the #8, and he already has great chemistry with Cimirot (which he definitely does), then why rock the boat? Shakhov might well be a better player than one or both of them, but I think the team needs some stability during these early games. It'll take time for the new players to gel.

And even though Campos is wearing the #10, he's definitely going to be playing as a winger. So not much conflict there.

Agreed on Mistakidis ;)

• Like it 1

What a fcking goal from Campos that was! C'mon make the GSL Great again!

Our players here at PAOK score goals, the best goals, let me tell you. Ask anybody, these players are fantastic. We play in the great, big, wonderful Toumba Stadium, everybody knows it, and we built that stadium like nobody can build a stadium. We got the Chinese to pay for it. PAOK, the greatest team, believe me.

• Like it 1

This will be a very dramatic game. It's safe to say that our chances are 50/50.

https://sports.bwin.com/en/sports#eventId=5345842&leagueIds=1899&preferredCategoryIds=&preferredTemplateIds=&sportId=4

The bookies agree with this too. Everything can happen. My guess is that Ivic is going to copy Santos tactics. That being said, it's even possible this game will end in a penalty shootout. But no matter what happens, I'm confident that we can pull through.

Btw, does anybody know if Greeks living abroad need the karta fila8lou too?

"

^ I was actually wondering the same thing

Well, protothema states that Greeks abroad are not affected by this new rule. Nevertheless, it worries me somehow that I couldn't find any other source. You know, never trust bureaucracy in Greece...

http://www.protothema.gr/sports/article/598408/apo-tis-30-septemvriou-i-eisodos-sta-gipeda-mono-me-tin-karta-filathlou/