Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L1: Ajax - PAOK (26-Jul-16, 21:45 GR)

Blackhawk

There are 2 ways of thinking the whole budget thing. A) Ajax has double the PAOK budget. Ok hands down, they probably have far better players.

B )Knowing that the dutch league is literally a "take youths, overprice them with a risk, and sell complete players to better leagues" you can understand a reason where part of this big budget different lies.
Ajax is nothing huge. Didnt make it for CL last year, Managed to lose a won league in the last fixture this year. Close match but ajax definately favorites.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Looks like the below lineup has been fielded by Ivic in recent workouts. Seems Matos is good enough to be training.

--Glykos--

--Matos--Crespo-Tzavellas--Leovac--

--Tziolis--Cimirot--

--Campos--Shakhov--Rodrigues--

--Klaus--

This concerns me...from what I've read, Shakhov isn't really an attacking midfielder. So we've got two DMs (one of whom is a clear sign that we don't intend to attack) and a possibly-injured RB. Switch out Tziolis for one of our half dozen better midfielders, and I'd feel better about this game.

During press conference Ivic announced that Pereyra is included in the squad for the return leg at Toumba. He was not included in tomorrow's game because he did not fit the style of game he intends on playing in Amsterdam, and that he wanted to have an option to add somebody at last minute. 

For people in USA, Canada and Australia, tomorrow's game will be televised live on Sport Plus.

Also the game at Toumba will be streamed by Laola1.

I would assume there will be a broadcast by a Dutch station for this as well? I just need to feel some hope that I'll find a stream, basically.

I hope there is a day in the future where my children won't have to see Tzavellas and Tziolis in the starting lineup of a PAOK match...

It's not too far off. Early days with some guys not ready yet. Varela and Canas have them covered.