Phantis Forums

UEFA Champions League Qualifiers 2016-2017

Tzatziki

Guys reality is MARINAKIS is giving more interest into forest, if people can't admit that then there's nothing else to be said. The lack of transfers and poor choice of coach confirms it.

Once owners of Aek pao and paok decided to target him, things have gotten to much and he's cutting and running. Or so it seems.

Only in Greece can a team play this unprepared. The crosses were horrid and there was no ability to control possestion. Best thing the greek super league can do is develop grass roots players because its obvious spending money on transfers not happening.... I dont think were even gonna win the league with thus team as is....

• Like it 1

Greeko, calm down and have a Beer (no pun intended)

W out threats to refs, Oly continues to prove that they cannot win. It's the same crap every year, At best, oly seasons usually last till Christmas and then it's over. Panatha has left a name for themselves in Europe. What our eyes have seen, u will never know the feeling. Just because the years of corruption is finally catching up, don't run and blame others. Have a nice day.

• Like it 6

ChiPao13 even with having the ref on our side we could not have won tonight! And what name have you left?! Did panathinkos win the champions league? Was I in a coma when you guys won it? What happened son? Marinakis has always been a crook! But he's a funny guy that's why I like him....thinks he's going to run the world the fat slob! The guys running your teams are just a bunch of cowards and let him do what he wants!

What a disgraceful performance. Blame to go around here, from The board, to management and to the players. Everyone f.ucked the dog this summer. Shame on all of you, 15k season tickets sold and this is the thanks we get. Bravo to Hapoel, well deserved win for them, but we made them look good with our piss poor display. Someone explain to me why we need to line up with 3 def mids against these guys? Where was Pardo, Pulido, Seba, Victor subs Chori for Masuaku? Marinaki way to go, you sell Manola, Mitroglou, Samari all for over 10 mill each and you bring us Figueiras, Botia, Da Costa and leave us with no fresh blood this summer? Bravo, take the 30 million loss now vlaka. Kapino gets our only shot on target tonight in the 91rst....UNACCEPTABLE

• Like it 1

Its ok the loss of CL money isn't an issue, there is always the cash from Noor1 to finance the team....

It's only an issue for Marinaki, as a fan, we do not share the profits, and we do not need 30 mill to win the title in Greece against teams with transfer budgets of 100k.

A big issue with the team for me is the lack of Greeks, excluding the GK you had 1 outfield Greek in Fortounis.

Sure some current players will have a interest in the team history wise etc, but you wont get the same passion as you will by having Greeks in the team, who will bleed for the fanela.

You could say there is a lack of talent in the Greek pool, but its up to Olympiakos to develop these players above any other team considering the amount of success its had, be it on the pitch or on paper.....

• Like it 1

That's a good point Dikefale, but it does not excuse this disgrace today. I like seeing Greeks do well for us, but this is club soccer, and I would not sacrifice results to develop a player. There are players all over Europe who honour the clubs they are at and strike a good balance between personal ambition/club loyalty. We need more of the latter and to avoid the ones who are journeymen types. In addition to the better Greeks we can attract. Lazaro for example this summer was available, I thought he would be an excellent winger for us. But nothing happened.

Edited by Tzatziki

I thought he was talking about me I was like "dude what did I do? " :lol:

I understand his frustration. What can we do when we put our souls and passion in to our clubs that should be our pride but they dissapoint. Whether it's Oly or PAO or PAOK or AEK. It's just deflating.

I feel for everyone on these forums and especially in Greece. PAOK fans will feel equally bad.

• Like it 1

This is what happens when you have a team with no organization. When we lost to Anorthosi in 2008, we hadn't finished up all our transfers and we ate s%$#! there too. Why do we win the league every year? Because we're the only team that makes transfers, and even though we sell when we can't refuse, we don't leave the time in the shits. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case this year, our transfers have been non-existent. Figueiras should never put on an OLY jersey again. 

Greeko, calm down and have a Beer (no pun intended)

W out threats to refs, Oly continues to prove that they cannot win. It's the same crap every year, At best, oly seasons usually last till Christmas and then it's over. Panatha has left a name for themselves in Europe. What our eyes have seen, u will never know the feeling. Just because the years of corruption is finally catching up, don't run and blame others. Have a nice day.

Spare us file. You guys had the worst Champions League campaign in the history of Greek football. We have been been the only Greek team that has amassed any UEFA coefficient points in the last five years while you guys struggle in Europa every year!

• Like it 1