Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Genome

2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics

In the Men's Two Person Dinghi - 470 Sailing, after 4 races

1. Croatia; net 4 pts

2. Australia; net 7 pts

3. Greece; net 9 pts

Field is made up of 26 countries, and there are total of 10 races between 11-16 Aug with points awarded depending on finishing positions (1 point for 1st, 26 points for 26th). Each boat is allowed to discard its worst score, and 10 boats with lowest accumulated scores reach the final on 18 Aug. In the final, points scored are doubled and added to the opening series' scores to determine top 10 positions and medals.

Greeks are ranked 4th in the world in this sport.

• Like it 1

For those of you guys who live in the U.S.

Greece vs. Australia in the Men's Water Polo will be aired on MSNBC 

Noon CT

1 pm ET 

First we need to beat Brazil tonight (5:30 pm CDT). I'll catch it on the NBC stream. You can watch every single sport live on the NBC stream as long as you receive NBC channels through your cable/satellite provider. 

• Like it 1

I have been following weightlifting 85 km today, Theodoros Iakovidis scored 350 pts to put himself in 2nd place. 

He finished 2nd in the B group of athletes. Group A competition takes place later today. That's where the medals will be decided. Hopefully he will manage to finish in the top 10. 

Greece smashed Brazil on there home soil 9-4 !!!! Thanks to there 5 goal victory, they are now ahead in first place in Group A, due to goal difference. :)

On a side note, if Serbia loses tonight against Australia, they will be eliminated

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 1

Standings in men's water polo 

Group A 

Greece 6 pts 

Brazil 6 pts 
Hungary 5 pts 
Serbia 4 pts 
Australia 3 pts 
Japan 0 pts

Group B 

Spain 6 pts
Italy 6 pts 
Croatia 6 pts
Montenegro 4 pts
United States 2 pts
France 0 pts

Edited by Molon Lave

In the Women's Triple High Jump, Paraskevi Papachristou will be competing in the finals tomorrow for a shot at a medal. 

If you guys recall Papachristou, she was the one banned from the 2012 London games because of a racist tweet she posted on social media. 

How many more medals can we realistically grab?

Maybe 2 more from 2 different athletes and another one from the Men's Water Polo Team

lol it's Hungary who are the king of Water Polo 

Just read on my phone for the latest result, Konstantinos Filippidis is going to the finals of the Men's Pole Vault :) 

Wish him luck ! 

Greece lost to Australia 12-7, even though Greece advances to the quarterfinals, I have a bad feeling that a loss like this one could get in there heads. It doesn't matter if they face Italy, Spain, Croatia, or Montenegro, you better bring your A game or it's go home. 

In Synchronized Swimming, Greece pair Evangelia Papazoglou and Evangelia Platanioti finished 10th in Duet Free Routine with a score of 86.100. Tomorrow, they will perform the Duet Technical Routine. It's a good showing, but I am not expecting them to win medals. 

Paraskevi Papachristou finished 8th in the Women's Triple Jump at 14.28 

In the quarterfinals, Greece will face Italy  in the Men's Water Polo 

Edited by Molon Lave

Anyone nice a Greek trend in Waterpolo & Basketball? We win like 3-5 game straight then lose 2 straight and bail out lol

You meet better teams the longer you go.

Latest in the Men's 470 Sailing, after 7 races

1. Croatia; net 14 pts

2. Australia; net 25 pts

3. Greece; net 32 pts

4. France; net 36 pts

5. Austria; net 42 pts

Looking good for a bronze and a chance for silver. Croatia looks a certainty for the Gold. Next 3 races will be decided 16/08/2016 02:05-04:55 Sydney time.

I saw that event, he was flawless!!! Bravo Eleftherios!!!!! 

6a314d499981684.jpg 

As I watched the 110 m hurdle, Konstadinos Davoualidis finished first in Heat 4 with a time of 13.41 (5th best overall) and advance into the semifinals. I think he will need a better time in order to qualify for the finals. 

As far as Filippidis goes in the Men's Pole Vault, he failed to convert his final 3 attempts and finished 7th. :( 

Unbelievable finish in the 10KM open swim with Gianiotis defeating his opponent by 0.7 seconds.

Third gold medal for Greece!