Phantis Forums

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

the only position they have an edge on us is pjanic but mantalos and fortounis combined is arguebly just as good as just having it in one player. our cb's are better manolas and sokratis vs. spahic.

dzeko = mitroglou

begovic = karnezis

everything else we have an edge over them for the other 6 positions.

I agree with greekaroos tho, we have to take the drivers seat and not show fear. face them loud and proud.

Dzeko is Mitroglou?

That's sorta funny.

• Like it 1

Bosnia are favorites against us and they are a better team then us bottom line. For Greece to pull off a draw will be difficult yet alone get a win. As I mentioned before if Greece continue to play the way they've been playing to start this campaign which allowed Estonia to have chance after chance then Bosnia will shred us to pieces. Bosnia passing game is much better then ours and they finish way better then us, plus they know to control the midfield something we cant do. 

• Like it 1

You are right, their passing game is better and execution on point. Greece seems to be afraid to press defenders and, once in the final third of the field, tend to rely on crosses from the wing or long-range attemps. That is too predictable and simply not good enough to beat a dynamic team like Bosnia. Greece gives up possession too easily with long balls, negative passing, long-range shots, and poor off-the-ball movement. Giving up the ball cheaply to a team like Bosnia, a pressing side that try to get into dangerous scoring positions with every possession, can spell disaster for Greece. Bosnia is comfortable dictating play and gain confidence with possession. Greece must keep the ball as much as possible in order to frustrate their opponents. If Skibbe isn`t talking about this in the room, then there is a major issue. 

Despite this, I still think we have a chance in this match, because our defensive players, both individually and as a unit, should be enough to make a game out of this. If we approach the match with courage, claim the ball, press their defenders and hunger for goals, all while remaining sound defensively, we will win; if we play scared, they will smell fear, taste blood, and massacre us. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 2

Their midfield is absolutely stacked, that will be a real test. Can our CBs close down Dzeko specifically? Sure. Are our attacking players better than their defense? Yes. But I think man for man, they crush us in the midfield.

Bosnia is also a confidence team. If we score early, they'll fold.

They have better scorers and a way better midfield and that will be a huge challenge for Greece. There defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. if we give up the chances to them that we did against Estonia they have the finishers to make us pay. I honestly don't know how we are going to stop there offence.  

Greece will qualify for Russia 2018 & reach the Quarter Final or Semi Final with a squad similar to this.

Orestes Karnezis

Giannis Maniatis 

Kostas Stafylidis

Kostas Manolas

Kyriakos Papadopoulos 

Giorgos Tzavellas 

Sotiris Ninis

Andreas Bouchalakis

Kostas Mitroglou 

Kostas Fortounis 

Giannis Fetfatzidis 

Stefanos Kapino

Panagiotis Glykos

Panagiotis Retsos

Vasilis Torosidis 

Mario Oikonomou

Giannis Giannotas

Apostolos Vellios

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Dimitrios Diamantakos

Thanos Petsos

Andreas Samaris 

Nikos Karelis

• Like it 1

On 09/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, Dean97 said:

That team looks mad. I'd like to see Siopis be given a chance. Kolovos too. I'm surprised you forgot to mention Tachtsidis and Mantalos.

On 09/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, Dean97 said:

That team looks mad. I'd like to see Siopis be given a chance. Kolovos too. I'm surprised you forgot to mention Tachtsidis and Mantalos.

All four of them plus a few others like Mavrias, Bakasetas, Kitsiou, Pelkas, Vergos, Hatzidiakos, Tsimikas, Vouros, Androutsos, Manthatis, Chouchoumis, Marinakis, Galanopoulos, Tzanetopoulos, Tselios, Charisis, Koulouris, Mystakidis, Dimitriadis & a few more are all a chance & I would love to see a young team playing free flowing attacking football but time will tell if they can go to that next level & not become another Charilaos Pappas, Panagiotis Vlachodimos etc whom were the Greek Ronaldo at one stage.

That 23 man squad I put earlier is what I think Skibbe will succeed with & it's about a balance, covering every position in case of injury & able to be flexible in changing formation. 

Σοκ: Χούλιγκαν πήγαν να μαχαιρώσουν φιλάθλους της Εθνικής!

Άλλο ένα περιστατικό βίας στο Καραϊσκάκη καταγγέλλουν αυτή τη φορά οι φίλαθλοι του Γαλανόλευκου Φάρου που απειλήθηκαν με μαχαίρωμα στο Καραϊσκάκη από χούλιγκαν του Ολυμπιακού!

Στο φιλικό της περασμένης Τετάρτης με τη Λευκορωσία υπήρξαν άτομα στο φαληρικό γήπεδο που έβριζαν τον Γιώργο Τζαβέλλα, φωνάζοντας παράλληλα συνθήματα υπέρ του Ολυμπιακού. 

Εκτός αυτού όμως η κατάσταση ξέφυγε μετά το τέλος του αγώνα, καθώς όπως καταγγέλει ο μεγαλύτερος σύνδεσμος φιλάθλων της Εθνικής, ο «Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος», περίπου 15 άτομα με καλυμμένα πρόσωπα, τους πήραν βίαια την τρομπέτα με την απειλή μαχαιριού, ενώ παράλληλα προχώρησαν και σε ύβρεις. 

Η ανακοίνωση φωτογραφίζει τους οπαδούς του Ολυμπιακού που βρέθηκαν στο φαληρικό γήπεδο και φώναζαν συνθήματα. Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες την τρομπέτα την πήραν από τον γνωστό οπαδό της Εθνικής επειδή είναι και φίλαθλος του ΠΑΟΚ και η τρομπέτα του ακούγεται κατά καιρούς και στην Τούμπα.

Διαβάστε την ανακοίνωση: 

Ο πανελλήνιος σύλλογος φίλων Εθνικής Ομάδας «Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος», καταγγέλλει την άνανδρη επίθεση που δέχθηκε στις εξέδρες του γηπέδου «Γ.Καραϊσκάκης» αμέσως μετά το τέλος της φιλικής αναμέτρησης των εθνικών ομάδων Ελλάδα-Λευκορωσία, από ομάδα ανεγκέφαλων, την Τετάρτη 9 Νοεμβρίου.

Οι δράστες, περίπου δεκαπέντε τον αριθμό, κινήθηκαν εναντίον του προεδρείου του συλλόγου μας και με βίαιο τρόπο και ύβρεις αφαίρεσαν την ιστορική τρομπέτα από τον τρομπετίστα της κερκίδας μας. Δεν δίστασαν μάλιστα να μας απειλήσουν και με μαχαίρι, ενώ έδρασαν με καλυμμένα πρόσωπα και υπό την πλήρη απουσία οποιασδήποτε αστυνομικής δύναμης ή ασφάλειας του γηπέδου.

Το λυπηρό αυτό περιστατικό δεν θα μας αποτρέψει φυσικά από το να παραμείνουμε στο πλευρό της Εθνικής μας ομάδας σε κάθε παιχνίδι και σε κάθε έδρα που θα αγωνίζεται, ωστόσο οφείλουμε να προβούμε στην δημοσιοποίηση του γεγονότος αυτού καθώς τα ερωτηματικά που εγείρονται είναι πολλά και δεν θέλουμε να ανεχτούμε ανάλογα περιστατικά στο μέλλον, τα οποία μάλιστα θέτουν σε κίνδυνο ακόμα και της σωματική μας ακεραιότητα.

Για το καλό της Εθνικής μας ομάδας αλλά και για να μην δημιουργηθεί περαιτέρω πρόβλημα σχετικά με την προσέλευση του κόσμου στον καθοριστικό αγώνα Ελλάδα-Βοσνία, το ΔΣ του συλλόγου μας αποφάσισε να πάρει τώρα θέση για το περιστατικό, αφότου δηλαδή ολοκληρώθηκαν οι αγωνιστικές υποχρεώσεις της «γαλανόλευκης». 

Αναφέρουμε μάλιστα ότι η ΕΠΟ ενημερώθηκε για το συμβάν και προέβη σε αντικατάσταση της τρομπέτας ώστε οι μελωδίες της να συνεχίζουν να συντροφεύουν τις προσπάθειες των Ελλήνων παικτών σε κάθε γωνιά της γης. Παράλληλα ευχαριστούμε την ΠΑΕ Ολυμπιακός για το ενδιαφέρον που έδειξε.

Ο Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος θα συνεχίσει να είναι ο 12ος παίκτης της ομάδας όλων των Ελλήνων προωθώντας πάντοτε το φίλαθλο πνεύμα ενάντια σε κάθε μορφή τρομοκρατίας των γηπέδων...

I know the guys who were attacked personally and they are a great bunch of guys who support Greece in EVERY game they play whether it be a friendly or a qualifying match, what these guys did to them is a F***en disgrace. Taso (trumpet man) has been in football for over 40 years playing the trumpet for PAOK and the NT since 2004. Nikos Flekkas (president) is a good guy and loves the NT, he also has the only Greek NT football Museum in Crete.

It obvious it was Oly fans who did this, there were fans in there chanting Oly and bagging Tzavellas, they also think the reason why they went for the trumpet was because of the train incident between Oly and PAOK fans last week.

Greeks need to put their club s%$#! aside when the NT plays but sadly I don't think that will ever happen.

• Like it 1

OK guys, here is the situation for the next 2 important matches for Greece. Currently, Greece has 10 points + 7 goal difference, Bosnia 7 points + 3 goal difference. On March 25th, Greece will try to get a positive result in Belgium. It won't be easy but it's doable. Bosnia will win for sure at home to Gibraltar. If Greece lose to Belgium, they will have to hope Bosnia doesn't win by more than 4 goals to remain in 2nd place. If Greece does indeed remain in 2nd place, they can go to Bosnia knowing a draw will keep them in their place, but personally I would love to see Greece finish them off with a win. 

Edited by Molon Lave

On 09/11/2016 at 8:50 PM, RED SHERIFF said:

That squad will probably not get passed Bosnia.

And will finish third ahead of Estonia, Cyprus, Gibraltar...a far cry from a WC semi or quarter..

Bosnia is the second best team in this group. They deserve to go through. It's sickening to think the likes of maniatis and samaris playing at a world cup and not pjanic.

Our squad won't do much, you can't hide your flaws forever.

Until we produce the next tsiartas, hell even kara and basinas, we don't deserve to be playing worldcups. And same goes for the other nations which currently house national pools of deadbeats.

• Like it 1

^^Reduce the number of teams that go.

In 98, 32 teams made sense because you had the likes of denmark that had a brilliant side. Even iran were decent.

In terms of quality, the last two world cups have been terrible.

If you allow deadbeats to take part, the end product will be something similar to what we witnessed at the euro's.

Remove the deadbeats, this will prompt them to improve.

wales was a joy to watch. in tournament style games, any team can win because only 90 minutes of magic is needed so might as well get everyone involved = more surprises.

I think Europe should be expanded to two top teams and third playoff rounds for the world cup. That extra round will have a lot of teams go far that wouldn't otherwise.

heck, portugal benefited from the extra round and won the whole euro. they wouldn't have made it past knockouts in traditional format. goes to show you how fine the margin is in tournament football.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic