Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

^ Thank you Mr Pauline Hanson.

*News Flash* 

We live in a free county. Freedom to associate, to support, to think, to dream.

YOU, not anyone else you address your ignorant post to, but you might want to move to the Islamic Republic of Iran or the Democratic People's Republic of Korea AKA North Korea as your view is more akin to the official state positions of these countries.

Ante Geia. 

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Chriskiato said:

Anyone that doesn't like Australia or Australians can go and live in Greece.

I'll only go to Greece if Shane Warne moves there.

10 hours ago, Chriskiato said:

Anyone that doesn't like Australia or Australians can go and live in Greece.

I can't go to greece either..too many arvanites..I don't like Albanians

Guys start a new thread for this topic for F*** sakes.. I'm not from Australia and I don't really give a s%$#! to hear about your issues under a thread that is called ROAD TO RUSSIA. Lets talk about what the NT has to do to qualify and upcoming games.

• Like it 2

^lol,  Thank you..

Edited by J1078

57 minutes ago, Amorgos said:

How old are you?

44.  Born in 1972.  There, you happy now!

my prediction 2-1 Greece vs. Bosnia

Dzeko scores first half. Mitroglou & Fortouni to get back in the second half.

^Not if Greece plays the way they've played against Estonia and Cyprus. If they play that way then Bosnia should have no problems taking 3 points from us. Skibbe really needs to rethink things here because there's no bigger game then the Bosnia match and although the results have been there the soccer the NT has been playing has been ugly and Bosnia has the players to expose us. If Estonia had any type of finishers we probably don't win that game.

Edited by J1078

^ I kind of agree although I'm more worried about us losing to be honest especially if we play like our last two games. A win is a must I don't have any clue how Skibbe will pull this off but it is vital, if we lose or draw at home against Bosnia we are in big trouble as it will be very difficult to take any points from them when we go to Bosnia and to be honest we will probably end up losing in Bosnia that's why a win at home it asbsoloutley crucial.

Hertzegovina had a very good Euro series. Actually they were running hot. They could beat most sides. The Pirates have to be injury free and playing fluent football to pull a draw, or somehow win.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Hertzegovina had a very good Euro series. Actually they were running hot. They could beat most sides. The Pirates have to be injury free and playing fluent football to pull a draw, or somehow win.

Cant understand if you re sarcastic, or really really sarcastic.

They ve scored 3 past us in our good defensive years. We re nothing better than them thats the point. Game can go both ways.

Bosnia & Herzegovina are a very good attacking team with a good solid goalkeeper but if tested & put under pressure can crumble. Greece need to be in their face & play a high intensive game. If we sit back & allow Bosnia & Herzegovina control the midfield they will kill us with their playmakers & Dzeko up front. Say what you want about Maniatis but he is what we need. As Maniatis & Kyriakos Pap lack match fitness one half of sharing between them of being that wrecking ball in front of the back four with Tachtsidis or Samaris as their partner will do the job.

Edited by Greekaroos
  • Like it 2

the only position they have an edge on us is pjanic but mantalos and fortounis combined is arguebly just as good as just having it in one player. our cb's are better manolas and sokratis vs. spahic.

dzeko = mitroglou

begovic = karnezis

everything else we have an edge over them for the other 6 positions.

I agree with greekaroos tho, we have to take the drivers seat and not show fear. face them loud and proud.

Edited by georgelaz

18 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Cant understand if you re sarcastic, or really really sarcastic.

They ve scored 3 past us in our good defensive years. We re nothing better than them thats the point. Game can go both ways.

RockStar, its not sarcasm re, we will have to play well to get a draw, or somehow a win-based on their Euro effort, and our non effort.

Bosnia is no cakewalk, 4 years ago they proved that against Greece. It's up to Greece if they decide to play football and stop committing those stupid turnovers. 

• Like it 1

I believe Dzeko, incidentally, is at ten goals in his last ten games. They are no pushovers, and deserve respect. And we can definitely beat them.

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

the only position they have an edge on us is pjanic but mantalos and fortounis combined is arguebly just as good as just having it in one player. our cb's are better manolas and sokratis vs. spahic.

dzeko = mitroglou

begovic = karnezis

everything else we have an edge over them for the other 6 positions.

I agree with greekaroos tho, we have to take the drivers seat and not show fear. face them loud and proud.

Dzeko is Mitroglou?

That's sorta funny.

• Like it 1

Bosnia are favorites against us and they are a better team then us bottom line. For Greece to pull off a draw will be difficult yet alone get a win. As I mentioned before if Greece continue to play the way they've been playing to start this campaign which allowed Estonia to have chance after chance then Bosnia will shred us to pieces. Bosnia passing game is much better then ours and they finish way better then us, plus they know to control the midfield something we cant do. 

• Like it 1

You are right, their passing game is better and execution on point. Greece seems to be afraid to press defenders and, once in the final third of the field, tend to rely on crosses from the wing or long-range attemps. That is too predictable and simply not good enough to beat a dynamic team like Bosnia. Greece gives up possession too easily with long balls, negative passing, long-range shots, and poor off-the-ball movement. Giving up the ball cheaply to a team like Bosnia, a pressing side that try to get into dangerous scoring positions with every possession, can spell disaster for Greece. Bosnia is comfortable dictating play and gain confidence with possession. Greece must keep the ball as much as possible in order to frustrate their opponents. If Skibbe isn`t talking about this in the room, then there is a major issue. 

Despite this, I still think we have a chance in this match, because our defensive players, both individually and as a unit, should be enough to make a game out of this. If we approach the match with courage, claim the ball, press their defenders and hunger for goals, all while remaining sound defensively, we will win; if we play scared, they will smell fear, taste blood, and massacre us. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 2

Their midfield is absolutely stacked, that will be a real test. Can our CBs close down Dzeko specifically? Sure. Are our attacking players better than their defense? Yes. But I think man for man, they crush us in the midfield.

Bosnia is also a confidence team. If we score early, they'll fold.

They have better scorers and a way better midfield and that will be a huge challenge for Greece. There defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. if we give up the chances to them that we did against Estonia they have the finishers to make us pay. I honestly don't know how we are going to stop there offence.  

Greece will qualify for Russia 2018 & reach the Quarter Final or Semi Final with a squad similar to this.

Orestes Karnezis

Giannis Maniatis 

Kostas Stafylidis

Kostas Manolas

Kyriakos Papadopoulos 

Giorgos Tzavellas 

Sotiris Ninis

Andreas Bouchalakis

Kostas Mitroglou 

Kostas Fortounis 

Giannis Fetfatzidis 

Stefanos Kapino