Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

That team looks mad. I'd like to see Siopis be given a chance. Kolovos too. I'm surprised you forgot to mention Tachtsidis and Mantalos.

• Like it 1

That squad will probably not get passed Bosnia.

And will finish third ahead of Estonia, Cyprus, Gibraltar...a far cry from a WC semi or quarter..

• Like it 1

On 09/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, Dean97 said:

That team looks mad. I'd like to see Siopis be given a chance. Kolovos too. I'm surprised you forgot to mention Tachtsidis and Mantalos.

On 09/11/2016 at 5:07 PM, Dean97 said:

All four of them plus a few others like Mavrias, Bakasetas, Kitsiou, Pelkas, Vergos, Hatzidiakos, Tsimikas, Vouros, Androutsos, Manthatis, Chouchoumis, Marinakis, Galanopoulos, Tzanetopoulos, Tselios, Charisis, Koulouris, Mystakidis, Dimitriadis & a few more are all a chance & I would love to see a young team playing free flowing attacking football but time will tell if they can go to that next level & not become another Charilaos Pappas, Panagiotis Vlachodimos etc whom were the Greek Ronaldo at one stage.

That 23 man squad I put earlier is what I think Skibbe will succeed with & it's about a balance, covering every position in case of injury & able to be flexible in changing formation. 

But Mantalos and Tachtsidis are needed for their creativity. I also like to see Mavrias in the team again. Also Pelkas. I also like to see free flowing attacking football with the young blood. Tsimikas is a player to look out for aswell.

Σοκ: Χούλιγκαν πήγαν να μαχαιρώσουν φιλάθλους της Εθνικής!

Άλλο ένα περιστατικό βίας στο Καραϊσκάκη καταγγέλλουν αυτή τη φορά οι φίλαθλοι του Γαλανόλευκου Φάρου που απειλήθηκαν με μαχαίρωμα στο Καραϊσκάκη από χούλιγκαν του Ολυμπιακού!

Στο φιλικό της περασμένης Τετάρτης με τη Λευκορωσία υπήρξαν άτομα στο φαληρικό γήπεδο που έβριζαν τον Γιώργο Τζαβέλλα, φωνάζοντας παράλληλα συνθήματα υπέρ του Ολυμπιακού. 

Εκτός αυτού όμως η κατάσταση ξέφυγε μετά το τέλος του αγώνα, καθώς όπως καταγγέλει ο μεγαλύτερος σύνδεσμος φιλάθλων της Εθνικής, ο «Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος», περίπου 15 άτομα με καλυμμένα πρόσωπα, τους πήραν βίαια την τρομπέτα με την απειλή μαχαιριού, ενώ παράλληλα προχώρησαν και σε ύβρεις. 

Η ανακοίνωση φωτογραφίζει τους οπαδούς του Ολυμπιακού που βρέθηκαν στο φαληρικό γήπεδο και φώναζαν συνθήματα. Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες την τρομπέτα την πήραν από τον γνωστό οπαδό της Εθνικής επειδή είναι και φίλαθλος του ΠΑΟΚ και η τρομπέτα του ακούγεται κατά καιρούς και στην Τούμπα.

Διαβάστε την ανακοίνωση: 

Ο πανελλήνιος σύλλογος φίλων Εθνικής Ομάδας «Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος», καταγγέλλει την άνανδρη επίθεση που δέχθηκε στις εξέδρες του γηπέδου «Γ.Καραϊσκάκης» αμέσως μετά το τέλος της φιλικής αναμέτρησης των εθνικών ομάδων Ελλάδα-Λευκορωσία, από ομάδα ανεγκέφαλων, την Τετάρτη 9 Νοεμβρίου.

Οι δράστες, περίπου δεκαπέντε τον αριθμό, κινήθηκαν εναντίον του προεδρείου του συλλόγου μας και με βίαιο τρόπο και ύβρεις αφαίρεσαν την ιστορική τρομπέτα από τον τρομπετίστα της κερκίδας μας. Δεν δίστασαν μάλιστα να μας απειλήσουν και με μαχαίρι, ενώ έδρασαν με καλυμμένα πρόσωπα και υπό την πλήρη απουσία οποιασδήποτε αστυνομικής δύναμης ή ασφάλειας του γηπέδου.

Το λυπηρό αυτό περιστατικό δεν θα μας αποτρέψει φυσικά από το να παραμείνουμε στο πλευρό της Εθνικής μας ομάδας σε κάθε παιχνίδι και σε κάθε έδρα που θα αγωνίζεται, ωστόσο οφείλουμε να προβούμε στην δημοσιοποίηση του γεγονότος αυτού καθώς τα ερωτηματικά που εγείρονται είναι πολλά και δεν θέλουμε να ανεχτούμε ανάλογα περιστατικά στο μέλλον, τα οποία μάλιστα θέτουν σε κίνδυνο ακόμα και της σωματική μας ακεραιότητα.

Για το καλό της Εθνικής μας ομάδας αλλά και για να μην δημιουργηθεί περαιτέρω πρόβλημα σχετικά με την προσέλευση του κόσμου στον καθοριστικό αγώνα Ελλάδα-Βοσνία, το ΔΣ του συλλόγου μας αποφάσισε να πάρει τώρα θέση για το περιστατικό, αφότου δηλαδή ολοκληρώθηκαν οι αγωνιστικές υποχρεώσεις της «γαλανόλευκης». 

Αναφέρουμε μάλιστα ότι η ΕΠΟ ενημερώθηκε για το συμβάν και προέβη σε αντικατάσταση της τρομπέτας ώστε οι μελωδίες της να συνεχίζουν να συντροφεύουν τις προσπάθειες των Ελλήνων παικτών σε κάθε γωνιά της γης. Παράλληλα ευχαριστούμε την ΠΑΕ Ολυμπιακός για το ενδιαφέρον που έδειξε.

Ο Γαλανόλευκος Φάρος θα συνεχίσει να είναι ο 12ος παίκτης της ομάδας όλων των Ελλήνων προωθώντας πάντοτε το φίλαθλο πνεύμα ενάντια σε κάθε μορφή τρομοκρατίας των γηπέδων...

I know the guys who were attacked personally and they are a great bunch of guys who support Greece in EVERY game they play whether it be a friendly or a qualifying match, what these guys did to them is a F***en disgrace. Taso (trumpet man) has been in football for over 40 years playing the trumpet for PAOK and the NT since 2004. Nikos Flekkas (president) is a good guy and loves the NT, he also has the only Greek NT football Museum in Crete.

It obvious it was Oly fans who did this, there were fans in there chanting Oly and bagging Tzavellas, they also think the reason why they went for the trumpet was because of the train incident between Oly and PAOK fans last week.

Greeks need to put their club s%$#! aside when the NT plays but sadly I don't think that will ever happen.

• Like it 1

OK guys, here is the situation for the next 2 important matches for Greece. Currently, Greece has 10 points + 7 goal difference, Bosnia 7 points + 3 goal difference. On March 25th, Greece will try to get a positive result in Belgium. It won't be easy but it's doable. Bosnia will win for sure at home to Gibraltar. If Greece lose to Belgium, they will have to hope Bosnia doesn't win by more than 4 goals to remain in 2nd place. If Greece does indeed remain in 2nd place, they can go to Bosnia knowing a draw will keep them in their place, but personally I would love to see Greece finish them off with a win. 

Edited by Molon Lave

Sorry guys, I take that back
Greece will have to avoid losing in Belgium in order to be ahead of Bosnia for 2nd place

Belgium 13 pts
Greece 11 pts 
Bosnia 10 pts 

If we do lose in Belgium we need to keep the score as respectable as possible for GD as the way it seems now it may come down to that. Besides the next 2 huge matches we have Cyprus away is a slight worry and also Belgium at home.

6 minutes ago, ProudHellene said:

Why do I have a feeling this was perpetrated by a guy named Taso S and his buddy Ange K? Lol ;-)

Lolllll PH!!!!

Taso - he's one of the biggest papares iv come across, Mr I know it all.....

Edited by Original Sydney

On 09/11/2016 at 8:50 PM, RED SHERIFF said:

That squad will probably not get passed Bosnia.

And will finish third ahead of Estonia, Cyprus, Gibraltar...a far cry from a WC semi or quarter..

Bosnia is the second best team in this group. They deserve to go through. It's sickening to think the likes of maniatis and samaris playing at a world cup and not pjanic.

Our squad won't do much, you can't hide your flaws forever.

Until we produce the next tsiartas, hell even kara and basinas, we don't deserve to be playing worldcups. And same goes for the other nations which currently house national pools of deadbeats.

• Like it 1

^^Reduce the number of teams that go.

In 98, 32 teams made sense because you had the likes of denmark that had a brilliant side. Even iran were decent.

In terms of quality, the last two world cups have been terrible.

If you allow deadbeats to take part, the end product will be something similar to what we witnessed at the euro's.

Remove the deadbeats, this will prompt them to improve.

Have to say I enjoyed watching the likes of Iceland and Wales take on the big teams. No complaints there.

• Like it 2

Have the belief, keep up the passion & all roads will lead to Russia 2018!

The Tzavellas goal will become more significant in November 2017 after qualifying for a 3rd consecutive FIFA World Cup tournament through the playoffs.

13 hours ago, Nikod said:

Have to say I enjoyed watching the likes of Iceland and Wales take on the big teams. No complaints there.

Iceland beating England.  Priceless.

• Like it 1

wales was a joy to watch. in tournament style games, any team can win because only 90 minutes of magic is needed so might as well get everyone involved = more surprises.

I think Europe should be expanded to two top teams and third playoff rounds for the world cup. That extra round will have a lot of teams go far that wouldn't otherwise.

heck, portugal benefited from the extra round and won the whole euro. they wouldn't have made it past knockouts in traditional format. goes to show you how fine the margin is in tournament football.

19 hours ago, Nikod said:

Decent sides, nothing special.

For me regarding the smaller nations,  i enjoyed watching denmark 98, croatia 98, turkey 00, 02 & 08, czech republic 04, australia 06

I haven't enjoyed a major competition since 2008.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:24 PM, Amorgos said:

The Asian system for example is pretty easy for the better teams to qualify while better teams in Europe don't even get a play off! 

There is a possibility that Australia could face U.S.A. in the intercontinental     playoffs. 

Vellios scores  heap of goals and Karelis in hot form. KPaps might need surgery.. whats new

I'm expecting a very successful 2017 for the national team of Greece. I am starting to like a lot of the decisions in the direction Michael Skibbe is taking. A solid draw or win away to Belgium will be a turning point in the team.

^I disagree.. I like the fact that we've gotten results and I like the fact that we are in a pretty good position but I have to totally disagree with you regarding Skibbe, I think he's made horrible choices with playing players out of there normal positions, His player choices, his call ups and the guys he chooses to sub in. realistically we've out played Gibraltar, but other then that we've been outplayed by Cyprus, Estonia and Bosnia which we should have lost to be honest. In my opinion if Skibbe keeps going with this line up and does not call up guys that we've all mentioned then the teams luck will run out and we will start losing games again if Skibbe doesn't change things quickly. 

• Like it 1

the russia friendlies were cancelled because Gibraltar was added to our group, so we were no longer in a 5 team group which allowed for friendlies against the host nation.