Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

thank god manolas is ok.  we need all 3 centre backs fit and ready to play. we must not concede to win. that's my opinion. aslong as we don't concede we just need half a chance to take the tie.

• Like it 2

20 minutes ago, Megas said:

thank god manolas is ok.  we need all 3 centre backs fit and ready to play. we must not concede to win. that's my opinion. aslong as we don't concede we just need half a chance to take the tie.

I agree with you about the not conceding but as far as Manolas being okay we still don't know if he will be ready or cleared to play for us as they're saying he needs roughly 4 weeks..

2 hours ago, Limnos77 said:

Update: The injury is just a muscle strain should be back in 2 weeks

What a relief!

In case you missed this latest interview article by agonasport.com on papastathopoulos it is worth a read.

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/sokratis-it-is-a-blessing-to-be-born-greek

It talks about how the players feel, how they have become a team again, and the Greek spirit. I look forward to the draw, and of course the playoffs.

"come and get them"

• Like it 1

On 15/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, Ellada2004 said:

You guys think he Manolas will be back for playoffs?

What's goingon with Karelis?

karelis just came back from his injury and played a game with genk's b team...he is slowly coming back and i think he might crack into the squad if he gets fit in time and gets playing time in his team...currently they're doing s%$#! which means they will have him around to help them a bit in the next weeks.

• Like it 1

Croatia it is, first leg away from home

It will be tough no doubt, Croatia have a quality team and particularly their midfield/attack is good. The question as seems to be with Croatia, is their defence; they'll boss midfield and possession, we'll get our chances, just need to take them. 

Would have preferred the second leg away 

Edited by paokarag4

Well at least we didn't draw Italy I guess... Scary players on that Croatian team...

Let be quite honest Croatia are doable! They might have individual talent but I don't think they gel like a team 

Croatia's qualifying campaign

CROATIA 1-1 TURKEY

KOSOVO 0-6 CROATIA

FINLAND 0-1 CROATIA

CORATIA 2-0 ICELAND

CROATIA 1-0 UKRAINE

ICELAND 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-0 KOSOVO

TURKEY 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-1 FINLAND

UKRAINE 0-2 CROATIA

Edited by J1078

In its current state, Croatia look to be the 3rd strongest seeded team behind Italy and Switzerland. They finished runners up to a mediocre Iceland team in a deep group I, but without a superpower. Then again, Croatia was supposed to be that superpower but failed to take control.

As for us, we put ourselves in this position and can't expect an easy draw. Let us hope our stars stay healthy, in form and Manolas recovers on time.  

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 3

5 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Croatia's qualifying campaign

CROATIA 1-1 TURKEY

KOSOVO 0-6 CROATIA

FINLAND 0-1 CROATIA

CORATIA 2-0 ICELAND

CROATIA 1-0 UKRAINE

ICELAND 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-0 KOSOVO

TURKEY 1-0 CROATIA

CROATIA 1-1 FINLAND

UKRAINE 2-0 CROATIA

You got the last one mixed up there. It was actually 2-0 for Croatia. 

I don't fear these guys at all we just must play out a draw away! I rather play these guys than Italy at a full stadio olimpico! These guys have tempers drain there game let them make the mistakes!

Edited by Megas

If we do get the job done, it will be massive party in Athens on the return leg. Looking at their results, they have only conceded 4 times in 10 matches. This will be tough. I can only see 0-0 and 1-0 score lines.

5 minutes ago, Argy said:

You got the last one mixed up there. It was actually 2-0 for Croatia. 

Edited thanks

2 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

If we do get the job done, it will be massive party in Athens on the return leg. Looking at their results, they have only conceded 4 times in 10 matches. This will be tough. I can only see 0-0 and 1-0 score lines.

That's fine since 0-0 and 1-0 scorelines are what we usually see from Greece no matter who we play...

Edited by Argy