Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

The Intercontinental Playoffs are set 

Australia vs. Honduras 
New Zealand vs. Peru 

Shocking news today is USA did not qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 1

lets be quite honest here. I think Italy would want to avoid us and Sweeden. Same goes for the rest of the seeded teams. because we scrape a nil all draw in the first leg and pull something in the second leg. Espn said we like to choke the opposition in the most boring soccer fashion haha.

Edited by Megas

italy-nothern ireland; fifa already lost chile, netherlands and the usa. losing italy would be too much so they'll give them the worse team out there which is nothern ireland.

just a prediction about the rest.

switzerland-greece

ireland-denmark

croatia-sweden.

• Like it 1

Fifa want Tziolara and the Pirates as it would be Disastrous to have the World Cup without the Tzatziki boys there. It would lose 40% viewerships and pay tv subscriptions worldwide.

• Like it 1

My predication for the draw 

Italy - Northern Ireland
Croatia-Republic of Ireland
Switzerland-Sweden
Greece-Denmark 

1 hour ago, Molon Lave said:

My predication for the draw 

Italy - Northern Ireland
Croatia-Republic of Ireland
Switzerland-Sweden
Greece-Denmark 

Are those your predictions or is that want you want to happen.. lol.. I would take that draw..

My prediction for next review:

"MY MANAGER WILL SAY I'M THE BEST EVER AND GIVE ME A 300% RAISE!"

• Like it 1

13 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

The Intercontinental Playoffs are set 

Australia vs. Honduras 
New Zealand vs. Peru 

Shocking news today is USA did not qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. 

USA just had to beat Trinada and even a draw might have got them through. Bruce Arena was speaking to the media after saying the "hot shots" in Europe would find CONCACAF tough? Ya it's really hard going up against cruddy Canada, Guatemala, even mighty Guadeloupe lol. Only Mexico are decent side and they would have it tough in Europe if they had to come out of our region. 

4 hours ago, Boxou said:

italy-nothern ireland; fifa already lost chile, netherlands and the usa. losing italy would be too much so they'll give them the worse team out there which is nothern ireland.

just a prediction about the rest.

switzerland-greece

ireland-denmark

croatia-sweden.

Thats right FIFA don't want a 4x World Cup winner Italy out of the fold. They would help them find a way in that's why we want to avoid them. I can see Italy drawing Ireland as they seem to get drawn with one an other often.

I haven't watched enough of any of the team four potential opponents to know how Greece might match up. Anybody have any insight into how Greece might exploit or be in trouble against Italy, Denmark, Croatia, Switzerland?

I do have a feeling we're gunna get Denmark. Greece is probably the best unseeded team, so if fifa does pull of shaninigans they'll want us to face the Danes so we don't threaten the other seeded teams.

I think the Swiss would be toughest. Italy would be interesting. But when you get to this point, it just comes down to who wants it more and of course a little help from lady luck doesn't hurt.

I think that the morale of the Ethniki is in a good place. I believe that anything is possible. It appears the squad is healthy. Defensively we match up extremely well. Our Midfield picture has become clearer. A healthy Mitroglou even not 100%fit, is a blessing. So far so good.

As for the Swiss, they are going to have regain composure after their loss to Portugal. The Swiss are a quality side, so I think that they will regroup quickly and play strong. It appears the Italians are questioning themselves and have doubts. But they will go down swinging. Anything can happen, but it always seems that Greece rise to the occasion against stronger sides. We'll see, I hope the team battles hard, and punches their ticket to Russia.

^The more and more I think about it I think that we don't match up well against the Swiss as they are a very balanced team.The Swiss scare me I'm actually thinking if we don't get Denmark I'd rather Croatia.... I'm so confused...

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I do have a feeling we're gunna get Denmark. Greece is probably the best unseeded team, so if fifa does pull of shaninigans they'll want us to face the Danes so we don't threaten the other seeded teams.

I was thinking that too, they will put Italy vs Ireland or North Ireland and that will get them through and I don’t see Italy or Croatia getting Sweden either. 

We need to be careful who we wish for obviously there are certain teams we want and don't want. Lets see who we get and then go from there as who ever we get will be difficult and we will be rated the underdogs. I do feel like the Greek players are a family again and yes we can thank Skibbe, Sokratis and Torosidis for that as they pulled the boys in and had a big talk with them. I truly feel who ever we get the Greeks will again play with passion and put there heart into it. We may be the lowest ranked team going into the playoffs but in big games we play our asses off and I truly believe we can play with all 4 off the seeded team and give them a good run and sneak through..

• Like it 1

I saw them talking about playoffs on Espn Fc and they were saying nobody want to draw Greece as we will stifle the seeded teams with our “boring” defensive approach. Hisslop gives us the best chance to progress from the non seeded teams. 

• Like it 1

22 minutes ago, paokara777 said:

You guys are so sure FIFA is going to sabotage this draw :animaatjes-confused-1124061:

I personally don't think they will sabotage the draw at all. But I do think who ever Italy plays the refs will be giving Italy every advantage to win the game as Fifa needs the Italians in the tournament.  

The draw won't be staged. Not as sure about the ref, but I doubt that'll be an issue as well. If we lose, it'll be because we don't know how to score.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Fun-fact, out of our potential playoff opponents, only Christian Eriksen (8) has more goals than Mitroglou (6).

Edited by Argy

45 minutes ago, pash said:

The draw won't be staged. Not as sure about the ref, but I doubt that'll be an issue as well. If we lose, it'll be because we don't know how to score.

it will be in favor of italy for the reason i explained above. 

other than that i agree. that's why denmark suits us better as a team with less offensive firepower than rest of them.