Phantis Forums

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

Looks like Fifa.com will live stream the draw.

The draw will take place in Zurich on Tuesday 17 October and will be live streamed (14.00 local time) on FIFA.com, YouTube and Facebook. At the draw, the eight participating teams will discover which nation stands between them and a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Eight teams will compete in Round 2 of UEFA’s qualifiers for Russia 2018 and these home-and-away play-offs will determine the remaining four sides that will represent their continent on the global stage next year. 

• Like it 2

Some Free Time today and I watched the Highlight videos of our games vs the Bosnians and the Belgians in this campaign. 

I remember many people claming us being lucky with them and being outplayed twice by them, despite tying them twice.

During the qualifiers I did believe it but now that everything is settled I clearly see no better team in both matches vs the Bosnians being Bosnia. If someone has to "take" the best looking one title it should be us in both legs.

The only game I found us inferior to any opponent was vs Belgium at Brussels. We re 2nd deserved and we should be feared by most seeded teams because we are unpredictable.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

2 key moments of the campaign was Tzavellas fantastic volley goal to steal a point from Bosnia. Also getting a draw in hostile Belgium were they Belgians beat everyone convincingly in recent years as they did to Bosnia 4- 0. I remember before that game speaking to Greeks and non Greeks and lots of them were saying Belgium would beat us by a few goals no problem. I always thought we could pull out a draw if the team defended, stayed focused and frustrated the talented Belgians which they did and were a few minutes away from a famous victory. If the team play like they did in that match or as they did in Athens we should be able to get by any of the 4 of the seeded countries. Go ELLAS!

A blow for the Pirates, a very good CB. Not a match winner by any stretch, KPaps can come in, do a job, get a yellow card in each of the two matches and Manolas will be back after these two matches anyway, as Kyriako then gets to sit out.

It's time Skibbe carries a back up RB in Bakakis for Toro as he has slowed up abit.

^Agreed Skibbe definitely needs carry a back up for Toro. kpaps can do a good job but by not having Manolas I think would lower our chances of advancing... I just think he's that important to this team.. Lets hope whatever the injury is that he somehow recovers in time which looks doubtful right now..

J man, I get the hype on Manolas, at a big club sure. He plays like he has another gear up his sleeve but doesn't use it. It is something he has to get back-passion. He is no Sokratis these days.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Nah Kyriakos is a good CB bust Manolas is a top tier one. It's gonna make a difference if we play vs Croatia and Italy. The others are not so scary

Agree Kpaps is good but not on Manolas level.. I think his absence will really dent our chances.. let's pray he makes it back as we can't afford to lose any of our top defenders as that's what this team is built around..

going on to the next campaign that's the squad i'd like to be around for the most part. 

karnezis, kapino, vlachodimos

torosidis, retsos

sokratis, papadopoulos

manolas, siovas

stafylidis, lykogiannis

samaris, tachtsidis, charisis

zeca, kourmpelis, siopis

fortounis, pelkas

donis, lazaros

mantalos, mpakasetas

mitroglou, karelis

i know this is not possible judging from what skibbe has shown us so far.

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

Crap! We need him to recover quick. Guys need to be extra cautious in there club fixtures.Can't have anymore injuries wayyy too much on the line.

he'll keep calling up and starting washed up ex-player tziolis as well as 2nd league players with no playing time such as vellios or diamantakos, gianniotas etc. ofc we shouldn't forget the amazing tzavellas and maniatis duo especially the first who is starting over a premier league defender. 

No one knows o think he is training slowly with his team Genk but I'm not sure if he will be ready for November. 

8 hours ago, Boxou said:

going on to the next campaign that's the squad i'd like to be around for the most part. 

karnezis, kapino, vlachodimos

torosidis, retsos

sokratis, papadopoulos

manolas, siovas

stafylidis, lykogiannis

samaris, tachtsidis, charisis

zeca, kourmpelis, siopis

fortounis, pelkas

donis, lazaros

mantalos, mpakasetas

mitroglou, karelis

It goes to show how limited we are at the forward positions. Mitroglou is really our only option.

I don't if Kourbelis, Siopis or Charisis are capable of lifting the team from the midfield. I believe Samaris and Tachtsidis are our only options. Also Zeca. I'd like to see Bouchalakis have a chance. 

What does Charisis bring to the table? I hear some good and bad about him. What are his best attributes?

I don't know if leaving out Maniatis and Tzavellas is a good idea. Maniatis is a workhorse and Tzavellas takes good set pieces. They are also more experienced. 

Pelkas would be a good addition. I don't know why you left out Gianniotas. You must of forgot him.

Donis and Lazaros our best wingers. Gianniotas is not far behind. 

Diamantakos, Vellios and Tziolis are not needed which is obvious. 

Overall that's a good team set up. I'd like to see Karelis back. Donis needs to start. As he has replaced the dynamic duo of Fetfatzidis and Ninis. I'd like to see Holebas back in the team, but I'd rather Stafylidis because he can over take him and he is proving to be a weapon for us. 

Edited by Dean97

13 hours ago, Boxou said:

wH

donis, lazaros

mantalos, mpakasetas

mitroglou, karelis

WHAT! No Tziolaris??..!! Are u nuts, our prolific header into goal?? I will again read your squad incase I missed him. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic