Phantis Forums

Road To Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup

Ah those days, Patikas, Kalantsis, Katholos, Raskopoulos, Christodoulou, Lazaridis, Postacoglou, Koussas and YANKOS!! The Ethniki had  a strong team then, no doubt. Malak-Andrea selling peanuts on the hill at Pratten Park.

My mate thought the Australian jersey had a Greek patch on the sleeves.

Edited by ausgreek

On 10/17/2016 at 5:42 PM, RED SHERIFF said:

the 'ugly australian' sledging on the field....really got me angry..

I can't stand it.  I'm amazed one of the opposition batsmen hasn't taken a bat to the Aussie cricketers.  They are pigs.  And then they act like they're innocent.  It's because of this, I was really pleased when Australia lost the Ashes back in 07.

For me the straw that broke the camels back was post 2000, when the Aussie media was gunning for Athens to lose the Olympics....the total misinformation and constant lies at the time was very offensive and down right racist...

After a successful Athens 2004, and no apology from the aussie media..I felt 'stuff you'......combine this with the euphoria of euro 2004..amd the exclusion of south Melbourne fc  from A League based on ethnic grounds..

I get it.  I was pissed also.  I still remember the news showing an angry Greek man pouring bottles of Coke out in Londsdale Street!  The media were scum, but should we expect otherwise ?  Australian journalism at it's best.

It was difficult to care about AFL..Socceroos etc ..after winning Euro 2004...it was 'like winning sporting powerball'..

+1 billion on the "powerball".

^ Thank you Mr Pauline Hanson.

*News Flash* 

We live in a free county. Freedom to associate, to support, to think, to dream.

YOU, not anyone else you address your ignorant post to, but you might want to move to the Islamic Republic of Iran or the Democratic People's Republic of Korea AKA North Korea as your view is more akin to the official state positions of these countries.

Ante Geia. 

• Like it 1

Guys start a new thread for this topic for F*** sakes.. I'm not from Australia and I don't really give a s%$#! to hear about your issues under a thread that is called ROAD TO RUSSIA. Lets talk about what the NT has to do to qualify and upcoming games.

• Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

^Not if Greece plays the way they've played against Estonia and Cyprus. If they play that way then Bosnia should have no problems taking 3 points from us. Skibbe really needs to rethink things here because there's no bigger game then the Bosnia match and although the results have been there the soccer the NT has been playing has been ugly and Bosnia has the players to expose us. If Estonia had any type of finishers we probably don't win that game.

Edited by J1078

^ I kind of agree although I'm more worried about us losing to be honest especially if we play like our last two games. A win is a must I don't have any clue how Skibbe will pull this off but it is vital, if we lose or draw at home against Bosnia we are in big trouble as it will be very difficult to take any points from them when we go to Bosnia and to be honest we will probably end up losing in Bosnia that's why a win at home it asbsoloutley crucial.

Hertzegovina had a very good Euro series. Actually they were running hot. They could beat most sides. The Pirates have to be injury free and playing fluent football to pull a draw, or somehow win.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Hertzegovina had a very good Euro series. Actually they were running hot. They could beat most sides. The Pirates have to be injury free and playing fluent football to pull a draw, or somehow win.

Cant understand if you re sarcastic, or really really sarcastic.

They ve scored 3 past us in our good defensive years. We re nothing better than them thats the point. Game can go both ways.

Bosnia & Herzegovina are a very good attacking team with a good solid goalkeeper but if tested & put under pressure can crumble. Greece need to be in their face & play a high intensive game. If we sit back & allow Bosnia & Herzegovina control the midfield they will kill us with their playmakers & Dzeko up front. Say what you want about Maniatis but he is what we need. As Maniatis & Kyriakos Pap lack match fitness one half of sharing between them of being that wrecking ball in front of the back four with Tachtsidis or Samaris as their partner will do the job.

Edited by Greekaroos
  • Like it 2

the only position they have an edge on us is pjanic but mantalos and fortounis combined is arguebly just as good as just having it in one player. our cb's are better manolas and sokratis vs. spahic.

dzeko = mitroglou

begovic = karnezis

everything else we have an edge over them for the other 6 positions.

I agree with greekaroos tho, we have to take the drivers seat and not show fear. face them loud and proud.

Edited by georgelaz

18 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Cant understand if you re sarcastic, or really really sarcastic.

They ve scored 3 past us in our good defensive years. We re nothing better than them thats the point. Game can go both ways.

RockStar, its not sarcasm re, we will have to play well to get a draw, or somehow a win-based on their Euro effort, and our non effort.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic