Phantis Forums

2016 - 2017 Season

The 2016-2017 Superleague seaosn will start on August 20, 2016 and will end on April 30, 2017.

Play-offs will take place between May 10 - 28, 2017

The draw will take place on July 11, 2016

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Have not heard of match on Friday. I'm not enthousiastic about it. You have to hurry after work. Even for homegames.

But the SL might even not start in ten days as Kontonis threatens to do so:

http://inpaok.com/315635/%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%BD-%CE%BE%CE%B5%CE%BA%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AC%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF-%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B8%CE%BB%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B1/''>http://inpaok.com/315635/%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%BD-%CE%BE%CE%B5%CE%BA%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AC%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF-%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B8%CE%BB%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B1/'>http://inpaok.com/315635/

Dutch Eagle highly doubt people would struggle to get to games when they are scheduled at 8 or 9 at night. They get there when their teams play midweek in Europe as example....

Anyway as I said they struggle to organise games Saturday and Sunday's lets not push our luck with a Friday game.

From memory though I think B Ethinki did have some Friday games in the past, not sure if that was the case last season though.

Looks like there a war between EPO and Superleague concerning the selection of referees. Kontonis is threatening to block the new Superleague season from starting on August 20 claiming that EPO has not applied the decisions made during a meeting between EPO, Kontonis and UEFA/FIFA. 

I don't know who to side with and what to believe. If you read sdna.gr they are so anti-EPO (Specifically Girtzikis), Olympiakos and Marinakis that it's hard to take them seriously.

Now PAOK, AEK and PAO have supported Kontonis' stance. Whether Girtzikis and EPO are right or not their Charter as an independent organisation means they can just bide their time as Reaper says.

They want Girtzikis out same as earlier this summer. Kontonis clearly stated again unless he is out, the league wont start.

I really hope UEFA kicks us out. Kontonis has already damaged football in Greece hugely, cost clubs millions and there has been increased violence since he took over. A good kick in the teeth will do Greece good, it will probably cost Kontonis his job and that will mean Greek football is more stable. It will also be a major blow to SYRIZA. Girtzikis just needs to sit tight like he did in the summer and hopefully Greece gets banned. 

qQ3KNT.jpg

I don't believe syriza care if greece gets banned..

ideologically they oppose UEFA/FIFA....and professional sport...

the Che Guevara rock throwers will have another ideological victory..

WOW! talk about calling a bluff!! can't see any of the 3 teams doing that tbh.

I agree epo needs alot of cleaning but lets see if these 3 put there money where there mouth is. I'm sick of empty threats coming from these guys, time to nut up or shut up. Take action if you believe it will result in change. Realistically Greek football can't survive without PAOK, PAO and AEK. So who will blink first? 

Asteras Tripoli the hypocrites. Last week when the referee list was released they were against starting the Superleague on time, but it appears that after some weekend consultations  with the masters they changed their mind.

• Like it 1