Phantis Forums

Brexit

Should Britain Leave EU?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Britain Leave EU?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/1/2019 at 6:32 PM, js1000 said:

Ok so it's not democracy because people were not informed, so what was the point of a referendum if people aren't informed enough to make the 'correct' choice and the outcome will just be ignored? 

That's why the referendum was such a bad idea. Because the public don't have a clue and are totally gullible. So they fell for the politicians' lies and populism (on both sides of the argument).

Moral of the story: you DON'T leave those SERIOUS matters for the people to decide. It's criminal (or rather, suicidal).

Who do I blame for this mess? Cameron.

It was the main part of his manifesto. For his own political ambitions (ie to get re-elected) he's turned this great country into a laughing stock and divided the people. People are not willing to listen, they have become like football fans religiously supporting Leave or Remain playing back the stupid populist lies that they hear left right and centre.

It's just shite, nothing is based on facts, no technical/financial assessments, no SMEs talking but rather stupid useless politicians, just BS, chants, flags, accusations left right and centre, heated arguments on QT etc.

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 1

The other thing I wanted to say is I can't understand how one of the oldest democracies in the world allowed this referendum to be meaningful with such a slim majority. There should have been a limit so there are no doubts about what people want (e.g. anything under e.g. 60-40, 55-45 whatever is agreed). 

So where are we today?

If there was a 2nd referendum tomorrow, Remain would win by 52-48.

If there was a 3rd one the day after tomorrow, Leave would win by 51-49.

And so on....

It's just ridiculous!!! The "people have spoken", only they are telling us a different thing every single day! (and why is that? I covered this in the previous post, because it's an emotional vote and really they haven't got a clue).

Contrast this with what happened in Greece in 1974 when Presidential democracy won by a huge margin 70-30 and there was a limit then (cant remember what it was).

Yes, that is decisive. Leaves no doubt what people want. Not much to discuss, bye bye royals. But this mess now...? Oh my god....

On 5/2/2019 at 12:24 PM, ukworm said:

That's why the referendum was such a bad idea. Because the public don't have a clue and are totally gullible. So they fell for the politicians' lies and populism (on both sides of the argument).

Moral of the story: you DON'T leave those SERIOUS matters for the people to decide. It's criminal (or rather, suicidal).

Spot on, mate!

Farage (Brexit party), Rudd (Con, supports May's deal), Soubry (Change UK, pro 2nd Referendum) on the same panel on BBC QT last night in Northhampton (NB deep Brexit-land in the Midlands).

Boos, cheers, jeers, shouts, chants, insults, scaremongering, false information all over (or lack of), populism......

Bloody hell......

OMG 35 years on I am re-living the Andreas - Mitsotakis era!!!! 

Panathinaikos v Olympiakos, Paok-Aris, Paok-Aek looks like childrens' playground in comparison.... ?

Edited by ukworm

All Brexit is, is the rich manipulating ignorant and racist people to vote to make themselves poorer. The Brexit charge was led by Boris Johnson (born Ironically from a Turkish immigrant father) and obviously an opportunist who will say and do anything (even contradict himself) to get into Number 10, Nigel Farrage (a vile Racist) and Jacob Rees Mogg a disaster Capitalist who is just looking to enrich himself out of Brexit and has already moved his fortune to Rep of Ireland in order to avoid the effects a Hard Brexit will have on it and to avoid the EU's Anti Tax Avoidance Directive which came into effect at the beginning of 2019. Not to mention the Leave campaign blatantly lied and manipulated the stupid on Facebook by printing misstruths perpetuated by Cambridge Analytica. 

The poor saps who voted for it are just like turkeys wishing for Christmas and the country is already starting to see the effect this is happening with the Nissan not building the X-Trail in Sunderland, the Honda plant closing in Sheffield etc. Yeah they've came out and said its not because of Brexit but any idiot can read between the lines and see it is. The Nissan X-Trail and Honda's will now be built in Japan, who incidentally recently signed a Trade Agreement with the EU so no import tariffs will be imposed!

My industry (TV Broadcast Industry) has been virtually destroyed by Brexit, and it hasn't actually happened yet! All TV channels which broadcast from the UK but which air in the EU (and trust me there's loads) will now have to broadcast from the EU in order to get the correct operating licence. So loads of channels in London are having to be either relocated to the EU or put in the Cloud and monitored remotely within the EU. This is effecting jobs massively and I already know of four companies which have gone or are in the process of moving channels to the EU (Discovery, Babcock, Arqiva and Encompass). I have a friend who works at Arqiva and the guy is in a depressed state and about to lose his job, in his own words "I bloody hate Brexit, every time I think about it I get in a bad mood, it's getting to me".  I pointed this out to a Brexiteer on Twitter and he told me I was lying, the Muppet! 

That's the level of understanding you're dealing with, with Brexiteers they are so blinded by what they want, that if you try and point out what the consequences of it are (even if it has already happened) they won't believe you. They have the same mentality as Holocaust Deniers!

I'm almost of the point now where I think yeah let the F***ers make themselves poor and have what they voted for. Which will ultimately be the devaluation of the pound (even more), and a massive increase in the cost of living (as the UK imports most goods) and the loss of jobs (as Corporations scramble to relocate to within the EU).

Edited by Chris Tsamados
  • Like it 1

I cannot believe that there are Greeks living in the UK who actually still think the EU is what it claims to be.

The EU is a gang that serves the interests of central Europe only (more so Germany). It is nothing more than a group run by bullies who every so often throw scraps to the followers being led to slaughter. This has nothing to do with racism and people need to stop using this card. Indeed there are racist people in every country and at the end of the day if you are unemployed while foreigners are coming here and finding jobs with no connections and having English as a second or third language then you yourself are the problem. Not everyone who voted out thinks like this and I would say this is a minority. In fact there are many people like myself who are for open borders worldwide. If we were really were in a European Union or United Nations we would strive to ensure that struggling countries were helped up to the level of those prospering (though this is another debate altogether).

The first crime the EU made was having member states adopt the same currency. Why on Earth does Greece, Ireland, Spain Portugal and Italy have the same currency as German, Belgium, France and Luxemburg? You do not need to be an economist to recognise that not only are the economies in each country different but also the cultures are in some cases incomparable. The plan had already been implemented, however this is when the strategy to take over Europe began to take shape. Now we see Greek, Italian and Spanish public and private entities being bought up by German, French and Austrian private and public institutions. Before any of you say it - yes, the Greeks and the Italians should blame themselves first for the state of the country. For years people were enjoying the free money, working in the public sector etc. However, the central European governments knew very well what was going on. The fact that nobody at Goldman Sachs was prosecuted for manipulating Greece's debt figures is a farce.

With regards to a referendum, if you are unsure of what may come then you probably shouldn't put the vote to the people. Cameron did and people voted out. It doesn't matter if it was only 52.89%, the majority still won. I have heard the argument "oh, but it was only a small margin" hundreds of times and it is quite pathetic to be honest. Ajax and Tottenham drew the other night on aggregate. What would we say if Ajax argued "But Tottenham only won because of the away goal rule, so it isn't really a win. We should have another game to really decide this time." Yes, that's right, let's just keep having referendums until the remainers get what they want.

"People were lied to by politicians". Is this something new? Were some of you born yesterday? Politicians have been doing this for centuries.

Wake up! All of the difficulties that we are and/or may end up experiencing is just the EU trying to make an example of the UK for daring to leave. It is like the EU is saying "This is what happens to anyone who wants to leave", while looking at likes of Spain, Greece, Ireland (and maybe even France from what I have understood). I laugh at people like Tusk and Junker who 'offer' extensions to the UK and I laugh harder at the remainers who say "The EU is really handing us a lifeline right now and being kind to us while we have been absolute idiots." You absolute f*&kwits, the EU needs the UK to stay otherwise it could be the beginning of the end for them.

Quite surprised that some of you undermine the UK so much considering the history it has of being one of the strongest nations worldwide, even before the EU.

I haven't got a problem that one side won by a small margin, I do have a problem that one side consistently cheated by over spending, targeting the easily manipulated with lies and falsehoods and the scum bags even continued campaigning after Jo Cox was murdered by a Racist Leaver, even though where they were specifically told to cease. They broke all kinds of Electoral Laws

The outcome of the referendum once they released what the Leave campaign had done should have been voided and re-ran. Simple. 

A big part of the problem with Brexit, or rather the referendum, was it was in no way clear on what the consequences would be of leaving the EU.  And a big part of the problem with defining that, was, it hadn't been defined!  They are still trying to negotiate!  The entire process has been a farce.

The key issue was immigration (read cheap labor competing for jobs).  Even if this can be proven to be a falsehood (and I've never checked in detail) this was the key thing that turned most voters to vote pro-Brexit.  It's easy to preach about equality, inclusiveness, humanity and be an idealist.  Fine, open your borders, today, right now, and let 2 billion Chinese, Mexicans and Indians in.  Watch them take your jobs.  If not yours, those of many around you.  Not so appealing now ?  People will vote to protect "their way of life" and "getting rid of foreigners" is an easy play.  I was not surprised by the result.  I didn't think it'd get over the line, but at the same time I wasn't surprised.

What Britain should have done is used the referendum to broker some sort of a deal to limit immigration.  There was no need to leave the EU.

Now that it's done, Britain doesn't know which way to turn to broker a satisfactory deal.  Either way, they're going to get screwed in the short term as the EU will actively try and make life difficult.  In the long run, I guess we'll see if it was a good decision or not.  Until the details are worked out, it's almost impossible to know.

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Chris Tsamados said:

The outcome of the referendum once they released what the Leave campaign had done should have been voided and re-ran. Simple.

As I said, let's keep doing referendums until remain wins. With regards to campaign spending, nobody seems to have a problem when both election candidates are financed by the same sponsors.

@Bananas again, the immigration issue was not the main point of Brexit. I explained in my post what it means if a native is unable to find a job when foreigners are.

Although Ipsos has been seen as a rather reliable source, I am not sure the company of a person who has close ties to the Conservative party can be counted on. Especially on this topic.

However if you would like to open an immigration debate then I am all ears.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, Athens4 said:

I cannot believe that there are Greeks living in the UK who actually still think the EU is what it claims to be.

The EU is a gang that serves the interests of central Europe only (more so Germany). It is nothing more than a group run by bullies who every so often throw scraps to the followers being led to slaughter. This has nothing to do with racism and people need to stop using this card. Indeed there are racist people in every country and at the end of the day if you are unemployed while foreigners are coming here and finding jobs with no connections and having English as a second or third language then you yourself are the problem. Not everyone who voted out thinks like this and I would say this is a minority. In fact there are many people like myself who are for open borders worldwide. If we were really were in a European Union or United Nations we would strive to ensure that struggling countries were helped up to the level of those prospering (though this is another debate altogether).

The first crime the EU made was having member states adopt the same currency. Why on Earth does Greece, Ireland, Spain Portugal and Italy have the same currency as German, Belgium, France and Luxemburg? You do not need to be an economist to recognise that not only are the economies in each country different but also the cultures are in some cases incomparable. The plan had already been implemented, however this is when the strategy to take over Europe began to take shape. Now we see Greek, Italian and Spanish public and private entities being bought up by German, French and Austrian private and public institutions. Before any of you say it - yes, the Greeks and the Italians should blame themselves first for the state of the country. For years people were enjoying the free money, working in the public sector etc. However, the central European governments knew very well what was going on. The fact that nobody at Goldman Sachs was prosecuted for manipulating Greece's debt figures is a farce.

With regards to a referendum, if you are unsure of what may come then you probably shouldn't put the vote to the people. Cameron did and people voted out. It doesn't matter if it was only 52.89%, the majority still won. I have heard the argument "oh, but it was only a small margin" hundreds of times and it is quite pathetic to be honest. Ajax and Tottenham drew the other night on aggregate. What would we say if Ajax argued "But Tottenham only won because of the away goal rule, so it isn't really a win. We should have another game to really decide this time." Yes, that's right, let's just keep having referendums until the remainers get what they want.

"People were lied to by politicians". Is this something new? Were some of you born yesterday? Politicians have been doing this for centuries.

Wake up! All of the difficulties that we are and/or may end up experiencing is just the EU trying to make an example of the UK for daring to leave. It is like the EU is saying "This is what happens to anyone who wants to leave", while looking at likes of Spain, Greece, Ireland (and maybe even France from what I have understood). I laugh at people like Tusk and Junker who 'offer' extensions to the UK and I laugh harder at the remainers who say "The EU is really handing us a lifeline right now and being kind to us while we have been absolute idiots." You absolute f*&kwits, the EU needs the UK to stay otherwise it could be the beginning of the end for them.

Quite surprised that some of you undermine the UK so much considering the history it has of being one of the strongest nations worldwide, even before the EU.

You must be the turkey that voted for Christmas surely! You are not serious....

Your post is full of unsubstantiated claims. It's so shockingly bad that I don't even know where to start. Even worse than your PAOK posts....

1. "The EU is a gang". Oh yeah? Really? Because you say so? Because Farage says so?

2. "The first crime is the currency". Really? This is just BS. Greece WANTED to join. They weren't forced. Britain wanted to stay out, they were allowed to stay out. What are you on about?

3. Yes people were lied by politicians! Which makes this referendum a total farce!

4. What Brexit did you vote for do you know? Are you ready for no deal? Are you ready to possibly become poorer? You don't have answers for that, do you? What the hell do you think this is? The Darkest Hour movie? This is real life and stupid choices matter!

5. The EU is really handing us a lifeline right now and being kind to us while we have been absolute idiots." Again unsubstantiated bullshit. You have done your analysis and you are confirming that this isn't the case, right?

At least I voted remain, knowing that remain is clear, we carry on as is. I am happy with my life in Britain, extremely happy with quality of life and my income, so we remain and we fight from WITHIN the EU TO MAKE THINGS BETTER for the UK (clearly things can be improved but UK has the GRAVITAS to push for changes).

When you voted leave, which leave did you vote for? . Did you vote for Leave with a deal or no deal? WTO terms? Customs union? Border in IE? Admit that you had NO clue my friend. And don't just say "LEAVE is LEAVE" like those chavs or QT, because clearly we have seen that there are at least 10 versions of LEAVE, and if you go for NO DEAL LEAVE, be prepared for the worst. I am not saying it will happen, but I have NO proof that it won't happen either.

Do you know that most companies in the UK and particularly in the City are making plans to F*** off from the UK? Do you know what that will mean? And I am not going to say I know! But I do know that the little no risk position is to REMAIN. LEAVE is ANYONE'S GUESS, and that's the problem with it. Nobody has done an analysis, and nobody can guarantee anything. 

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 3

On 5/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, Bananas said:

A big part of the problem with Brexit, or rather the referendum, was it was in no way clear on what the consequences would be of leaving the EU.  And a big part of the problem with defining that, was, it hadn't been defined!  They are still trying to negotiate!  The entire process has been a farce.

The key issue was immigration (read cheap labor competing for jobs).  Even if this can be proven to be a falsehood (and I've never checked in detail) this was the key thing that turned most voters to vote pro-Brexit.  It's easy to preach about equality, inclusiveness, humanity and be an idealist.  Fine, open your borders, today, right now, and let 2 billion Chinese, Mexicans and Indians in.  Watch them take your jobs.  If not yours, those of many around you.  Not so appealing now ?  People will vote to protect "their way of life" and "getting rid of foreigners" is an easy play.  I was not surprised by the result.  I didn't think it'd get over the line, but at the same time I wasn't surprised.

What Britain should have done is used the referendum to broker some sort of a deal to limit immigration.  There was no need to leave the EU.

Now that it's done, Britain doesn't know which way to turn to broker a satisfactory deal.  Either way, they're going to get screwed in the short term as the EU will actively try and make life difficult.  In the long run, I guess we'll see if it was a good decision or not.  Until the details are worked out, it's almost impossible to know.

Couldn't agree more. Brexit is barking at the wrong tree.... There was NO need for Brexit. The Polish builder isn't the problem!

Future is impossible to know but signs aren't good, I have friends in various companies, they are already making plans to relocate, and companies hate uncertainty. 

Brexit was an excuse for lower income people, extremists etc to voice their disgust to main Government for decades of UNACCEPTABLE neglect (e.g. ghost towns of the Midlands and the North, i.e. southbound direction of money).

The problem is what these people don't understand is that if the services sectors (finance, London) gets poorer everyone will be affected. If 20000 jobs are lost in the City, things in Middlesbrough will get even worse.

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 2

Our good friend @ukworm who has probably never lived anywhere else in the UK except for London (please correct me if I am wrong, I usually try not to make assumptions).

First of all I did not vote. Although I could have, I chose not to as I was not living in the UK at the time. Personally I believe that you should only be allowed to vote in the country you are payng taxes in. It is the same reason why I disagree with Greeks living here voting during the general elections. If you vote then you should have to live with the immediate consequences (not just because you want to return one day in the future).

Now let us go over your points.

1) What kind of union would try and make an example of a member that has democratically chosen to leave? If it were a peaceful organisation it would merely allow said member to leave without any of this nonsense. Why on Earth is there a bill for leaving? This is why it is a gang. Just like a gangster must pay his way out of the clan, the same applies here.

2) I never said that Greece didn't want to join. The Greek politicians saw the opportunities to line their pockets with EU money. Same with so many farmers and other common folk who cheated the system and got paid. My point was that it was a trap in the first place to have countries with much poorer economies adopt the Euro. Besides, when has Greece ever said no to the EU or US in the past 40 years? The last person to stand up to the bullies had a whole fiasco at the Polytechnic staged by Uncle Sam and then died in prison after refusing to accept his release. By no means should the deaths that day be condoned and I am not saying I agree with everything he stood for - this is another story altogether.

3) As I said, politicians on both sides lie. What is your point?

4) This is all scaremongering. With regards to being prepared, I too have no idea what is round the corner. I think after witnessing the conditions of Greece and having lived in Italy (again, both countries have themselves to blame first), I would rather battle than succumb. You know, die standing instead of living kneeling. Those were the ways of the Ancient Hellenes though, unfortunately they no longer apply to us neo-Greeks.

5) Why would someone who is supposed to be indifferent about the departure of a fellow member offer extension after extension? It isn't because they are kind. We have already established that the EU is a bully. That is exactly what it is. An insecure bully that wants to take over by humiliating other countries like Greece, Italy and Portugal. The minute somebody (UK) stood up to the bully we saw exactly how frail the union is.

How many suicides are there every month in Greece? How many business in Italy were bought up by German giants? How many Spaniards have had to leave their country to find work elsewhere? All so that the Euro can stay afloat and keep the fatcats happy. I couldn't care less about the City (if it is the financial district you are referring to) and as far as I am concerned we should have a national holiday if the banks and other financial institutions decide to close up and move elsewhere. You are talking to someone who did 4 years investment banking and decided to leave after witnessing exactly what goes on behind the scenes. They are one of the reasons why the world is in a crisis.

The North of England has always been neglected, perhaps if we actually do leave (which I doubt will happen) we could finally give some money to those people.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I feel ashamed reading your points. People in London really ought to travel to different parts of the UK. Having lived in London since January I can confirm that it really is a giant bubble.

Now I will move on to your second post.

Nobody said the Polish builder is the problem. Where did you hear this? As I said before, if someone from another country is moving here and finding work without any contacts and with English as a second or third language, while the native is unemployed then it is indeed the native who is the problem. I saw this as an issue of integration. There are many people who choose not to integrate into our Western society. Did you hear about the girls in villages in Germany with blonde hair? The police approached them and told them to dye their hair black as not to arrouse immigrants. How about all the Asian grooming gangs up North? (I once heard an Pakistani man say "Ok, and what about the Catholic Church with the little boys?" and to be fair he has a point - not that two wrongs make a right). Like many others, I am for open borders, but in order for this to happen you need to be on the same level culturally. Women walking around London with only their eyes visible is wrong. They are not objects, they are human beings. This is a cultural issue, gentlemen. If I were to go to Saudi Arabia I would have to respect their laws. You (should) respect the laws of any country when visiting/moving there. Why is it that here is different? Why do we bend over backwards for the minority? These days you are called a racist for flying your St. George's flag.

Space. I don't need to remind you that the UK is an island with limited space. A lot of the green spaces where I grew up (outside of London) have now been bought up and built upon. Soon there won't be any green left. The traffic on the roads every morning is a nightmare where they have built but not readjusted the road. Schools are overflowing and hospitals cannot cope. Indeed there is already a growing population and age of living is increasing but it also doesn't help when people from all corners of the world are also moving here. Again, you probably wouldn't know about this because you live in London!

If it annoys you that much that the majority (ie everyone except those living in the lovely bubble called London) voted out in their country then you can always pick up and leave. This isn't me telling you to F off, I have no right to tell anyone where they should or shouldn't be. This is me telling you that you are not a tree.

• Sad 1

Well, stick to that then and don't make assumptions.... Because you will be wrong. ?

To your points...

1. EU isn't stopping anybody. But before leaving the bill and lots of other things need to be settled (the "deal"). What do you mean why on Earth pay!?!? Because it's an obligation. Think of it like a divorce. Or you just F*** off and leave with no deal and then be ready to face the consequences. And that's why only extremists and nationalists want this option (Mogg and his puppets).

2. And your point is? We are talking about UK here. 

3. Oh yeah. Referendum was based on lies, false information, populism, buses, boats in the Thames, NHS millions etc. Not experts opinions, not think tanks, not subject matter experts.... What is my point indeed.....

4. Battle against who? Σε ποιον virtual πόλεμο πολεμάς ρε φίλε;;;; The fact that the north is F***ed wasn't EUs wrongdoing, it was the UK Gov, you are barking at the wrong tree!!!! 

5. May begged for an extension with tail btw her legs! EU said ok have your  extension, tell us what you want and come back in 6 months. Why are they a bully?

6. Nobody denies London is a bubble but thats nothing to do with EU, AGAIN you are barking at the wrong tree. And why are you ashamed? I am simply stating the facts. Αυτό είναι το κόμπλεξ των leavers. "Εγώ δεν έχω και τίποτα να χασω. Ας φύγουμε". 

What I am saying to you and you aren't getting it (not many leavers do as they are blinded by populism): This is NOT SCAREMONGERING. THIS IS COMMON SENSE. READ ON:

Remain is a no risk option, is BAU. Leave is a gamble. If it works out, fine. If it doesn't we will all be F***ed, and more so, the low incomes who overwhelmingly voted Leave. Yes those ones who their own country hasn't been nice to them and yet they fly the flag of that country (the nationalism oxymoron). 

But then the damage will be irreversible. There will be No way back then. 

PS I agree about integration. In Rome do as Romans do or go home. But again the people who typically don't integrate are non-EU people. Again you are barking at the wrong tree...

PS2: I am not a tree and I haven't got my eggs in one basket rest assured. Αλλά όταν γίνει αυτο και εγώ φυγω, να δω τι θα κάνουν όλοι αυτοί που ψήφισαν leave και γαμησανε τη χώρα τους με τα χεράκια τους... Εγώ δε θα χαθώ φιλαράκι. Αυτοί θα γαμηθουν 1000 φορές πιο πολύ από μένα.

PS3: Doesn't Belgium have issues with space...? Or Holland? Or Austria? Only UK? Again that's the improvement you can drive FROM WITHIN if space is your problem. Come on, is this a serious argument now?

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 1

Και ξαναλέω για να μη πρηζομαστε με details μεγάλε ...

Remain=Bau

Leave with a deal: a bastardised solution which nobody wants.

No deal Leave= a gamble, not a calculated risk... Could be better could be worse, could be a total disaster, I am not the Delphi Oracle. Go on, gamble with the country's future. Ιve made my choice and won't leave the country's future to chance.

Άμα διαφωνείς πες.

that's what I've been saying all along here....

The UK and Greece can leave any time they want. And while at it, Greece can go back to the drachma tomorrow if desired.

It's turning logic on its head when people argue that they want to leave but also want others to pay them to do so, or let them keep rights & privileges of membership.

• Like it 3

^ Dude, there was a referendum in Greece with regards to accepting the bail out package or not. 63% voted no and the government accepted it anyway. Do you honestly think Greece would leave the EU? Nobody said they wanted to be paid to leave or keep privileges. Do you honestly think other European countries wont want a serperate trade agreement with the UK if it leaves?

@ukworm our opinions differ, let's leave it at that. On paper the EU is haven, but the reality is something completely different. As I said it probably wont even go through anyway. I'm not quite sure how you plan to drive improvement from within if there is a lack of space. I am also not sure why there will be no way back. Surely if we rely solely on the EU for our future then that is a problem. May wants the extension because she doesn't want to leave. Right now in parliament it isn't about the country, it is about everyone keeping their seat. That is what the deal is about. We are not blind.

But you are off topic again here... Who cares what happens in the Commons and what their agenda is... We are talking about the future of this country!

What I am saying to you is that Brexit is a gamble. Why?

Because there are 10 versions different versions of it so no-one actually understands the impact of those, and the ONE and ONLY clean version of it (Leave without a deal) CAN POSSIBLY BE A TOTAL DISASTER (I am NOT saying it WILL BE).

Can ANYBODY BET THEIR HOUSE IT WONT BE A DISASTER??

So here comes my simple question: Who in their right mind who have invested their future in this country would leave everything to chance?

Only the not haves, the nationalists, or the gullible ones... Or those who have nothing to lose! Which one are you?

Excerpts from your previous post. I mean seriously, are those logical arguments of a responsible citizen??? 

1) "I too have no idea what is round the corner" (and yet you still move forward with Brexit!!!!! Let's jump off the cliff without knowing if there's a safety net - yeah, hooray!!!!)

2) "I would rather battle than succumb. You know, die standing instead of living kneeling". This is peace time, WW2 ended in 1945 you know. And if you want to fight, you stay in, you fight them from within: gravitas, diplomacy, negotiation skills, knowledge of EU laws inside out (which clearly UK dont have a clue, that's why EU are now taking them for a ride...)

PS - No visionary great big project is haven!! You have to try hard to make it work! Nothing happens automagically, that's the reality. 

Edited by ukworm
  • Like it 3

3 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Do you honestly think other European countries wont want a serperate trade agreement with the UK if it leaves?

It's actually astonishing how your thinking is so simplistic and incomplete!! Jesus Christ, what happened to common sense?????

All countries will want a separate trading agreement with the UK of course! It's not going to happen overnight, but let's assume it will.

• Who has a bigger footprint to negotiate a better trade agreement with anybody? EU incl. UK (512 million) or UK on its own (60 million)?
  • Why is Tesco cheaper than your local grocery shop? Because Tesco buys in huge volumes meaning it has more negotiating power!!
  •  

With regards to agreement between EU countries and UK in particular, now goods travel freely. If UK leaves without a deal, they won't. Imported goods will be more expensive. Exported goods also. The definition of lose-lose.

• Like it 2

Αθενς πού είσαι παλικάρι μου; Βουβάθηκες; ?

Περιμένω να μιλήσουμε με επιχειρήματα (και όποιος άλλος θέλει φυσικά)..... Αγγλικά, Ελληνικά ό,τι θες.

Δε με ενδιαφέρουν δηλώσεις του τύπου "δε γονατίζουμε στις ορέξεις του (αόρατου) εχθρού", ή "οι αλήτες του Westminster και το gang των κακών Ευρωπαίων"...

Να κάτσουμε να σκεφτούμε πόσο καλά θα είναι αν η Βρετανία σηκωθεί να φύγει αύριο. Τους πει "άει γ***θείτε ρε Ευρωπαίοι, δε πληρώνω φράγκο, αει σιχτίρ, bye bye".

1. Πας WTO, μπαίνουν tariffs, τα πάντα στο τελωνείο κολλάνε, όλα γίνονται πιο ακριβά (εξήγησα γιατί).

2. Ιrish border μπαίνει. Εκεί προβλέπεται να γίνει της πιπίτσας..... Ασε που αυτό ΔΙΑ ΝΟΜΟΥ ΔΕΝ μπορεί να γίνει, διότι το Good Friday agreement δεν είναι διμερής υπόθεση, αφορά ΟΛΗ την Ευρώπη και η EU πρωτοστάτησε για να επιτευχθεί. ΝΒ - Eίναι τόσο μαλ***ες άσχετοι και ΑΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΟΙ οι Αγγλοι πολιτικοί που όταν λέγανε για Leave είχαν ξεχάσει αυτή τη "μικρή" λεπτομέρεια. Πάνε λοιπόν στον Tusk και λένε "Ηοoray ο λαός μίλησε, φεύγουμε!", Και λέει ο Tusk: "ναι ε? Φεύγετε ε? Ελατε πανάσχετα αγοράκια μου να σας "ξεναγήσω". OOPS!!!!!

3. Εταιρίες φεύγουν. Ανθρωποι χάνουν τη δουλειά τους.

4. Πέφτει η παραγωγή, πέφτει η κατανάλωση, κι άλλοι άνθρωποι χάνουν τη δουλειά τους (αν ο trader στο City δεν αγοράσει το Range Rover, εργάτες στα Midlands απολύονται)=Recession.

Αποτέλεσμα: ΖΗΤΩ ΠΟΥ *****ΚΑΜΕ!!!! ΜΠΡΑΒΟ ΜΑΣ! We just shot ourselves in the foot right there!!!!! 

Ποιο είναι το counter-argument σε όλα αυτά; Είναι scaremongering και αυτά;;;; Σε πληροφορώ (ΑΠΟ ΜΕΣΑ), ότι το #3, αγαπητό φίλτατο παοκτσάκι μου, είναι 10000% αλήθεια και ΘΑ ΣΥΜΒΕΙ. Oι διεργασίες έχουν αρχίσει. Σου μιλάει κάποιος που κινείται μέσα σ'αυτό το χώρο επί δεκαετίες......

• Like it 1

Χάνεις τα λόγια σου, φίλε. Καλό παιδί ο Άθενς, αλλά κι εδώ αναπαράγει ανούσια στερεοτυπικά συνθήματα, όπως βλέπεις δεν υπάρχει common sense ώστε να μπορέσεις να συνεννοηθείς.

9 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Χάνεις τα λόγια σου, φίλε. Καλό παιδί ο Άθενς, αλλά κι εδώ αναπαράγει ανούσια στερεοτυπικά συνθήματα, όπως βλέπεις δεν υπάρχει common sense ώστε να μπορέσεις να συνεννοηθείς.

Δεν πάει έτσι όμως ρε φίλε.... Εδώ δε μιλάμε για χαβαλέ και για ομάδες (ουσιαστικά παιδιάστικα πράματα, έτσι;)

Εδώ δεν είναι: ΠΑΟΚ: Παλιά Αποχωρητήρια Ορίστε Κατουρήστε. Ή Άρης Αρης κατουρλιάρης (που λέγαμε μικροί).

Εδώ παίζεται το μέλλον μας και το μέλλον των παιδιών μας!!!!

Ο Αθενς (και εγώ και εσύ και ο κάθε Αθενς) ΠΡΕΠΕΙ να κάνουμε μια ΥΠΕΥΘΥΝΗ ώριμη κουβέντα ενηλίκων βασισμένη σε επιχειρήματα και hard facts.

Και αν δεν έχουμε hard facts να κάτσουμε να δούμε το ρίσκο αυτών που ΔΕΝ ΞΕΡΟΥΜΕ.

Και τότε να αποφασίσουμε με βάση την ΨΥΧΡΗ ΛΟΓΙΚΗ.

Ούτε τι Νομιζουμε, ούτε τι πιστεύουμε, ούτε συνθήματα, ούτε κραυγές, ούτε λαικισμός.

Και αν ο Αθενς έχει τρανταχτά επιχειρήματα, ευχαριστώς να με ΔΙΑΛΥΣΕΙ και δεν έχω ΚΑΝΕΝΑ πρόβλημα να παραδεχτώ ότι όταν ψήφισα Remain, έκανα λάθος.

• Like it 1