Phantis Forums

Possible PAOK Roster for 2016-2017

Blackhawk

Yiasou re kozi.

Pretty much agree with your first lineup. It's kind of scary that only 3 of last season's squad are in that line up.

I'd say Charisis should be in that second line up also.

At least we have depth ... in theory.

I'd agree with your post, but I think Mistakidis is far better than Jairo (and I'm currently having a panic attack about our cutting him in the coming days).

+1 on that.  If Mystakidis was let go or loaned out, that would be one bone head of a move.

Also - I think we need to see what Canas actually has to offer before placing him ahead of Cimirot (who was great last season). My biggest hope, though, is that Tziolis leaves. We'd be strengthened immeasurably.

Yiasou kozi. We are evrywhere just need some tittles!!

Tzavellas is first choicr centre back atm guys and tziolis is 2nd 3rd choice for centre mid depending on how canas goes.

I do feel are midfied is our strongest area atm and that is so importsnt for european matches.

One thing i cam say fpr sure this season after the last 10 years we finally have serious depth.

I'd agree that Tziolis *should* be that far back, depth wise. It also does seem that Ivic at least somewhat agrees, as he hasn't been playing him all that much. Cimirot and Charisis were a great team last year, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sold on Tzavellas as a CD

here kast night in Klaus plays Djuric and u will go in Play off . Jes 2 3 mill and hizining the forkm , scoring 4 in Kirin Cup where Bosnia beat  Denmark and Japan  with B tteam ro win  Kurun Cup , score  the other night against Fiorentina , Aek and Cagllari are  bid fot him according ri Di Marzio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBV4RD17N_Q He just start playing for Bosnia and has close to 10 goals and hes sub for Dzeko and Ibisevic but not for long. why I think its a good deal hes striker abd good one better theb Klaus  from what i saw a kit and hes cheap 2 3 mill at most

Looks like Chatziisaias is done for.  That's Skondras, Chatziisaias, Antonis and Sabo (so far that I can think of) that have definitely been told they aren't in this season's plans.  Also, you'd have to think that thinks aren't looking solid for some other players like Konstantinidis, Korovesis, Kace and Jairo.  Even Pelkas who I expect to be in the squad, I can't see him playing so many games this season.

Edited by Bananas

I'm just having a look at the squad now at http://www.transfermarkt.com/paok-thessaloniki/startseite/verein/1091 and I came up with the following 26 players for the squad.

Goalkeepers (3)

Brkic
Glykos
Vellidis

Defenders (8)
Matos
Kitsiou
Varela
Crespo
Tzavellas
Malezas
Leovac
Korovesis - can play as attacking winger if required.

Midfield (6)
Cimirot
Charisis
Shakhov
Canas
Tziolis
Kace - will he stay ?

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers (6)
Biseswar
Pelkas
Rodrigues
Jairo - will he stay ?
Djalma
Mystakidis

Strikers (3)
Pereyra
Klaus
Koulouris

As far as transfers go, we have in theory upgraded in several areas.  Whether that remains to be the case, we can discuss in a few months or so.

1) Brkic > Glykos
2) Matos > Skondras/Kitsiou/Konstantinidis
3) Crespo > Vitor/Chatziisaias
4) Varela > Vitor and Chatziisaias
5) Shakhov > Golasa
6) Mak > Djalma ??? This one will be interesting.  I don't think Djalma will be better than Mak.  Just different.  I don't think they are the same sort of player, but overall, if I had to pick one, it'd be Mak.  I really believe with his explosive pace and Ajax's high defensive line, he would've wreaked mayhem.  Oh well, it is what it is.
7) Canas.  I'm expecting good things.  He's meant to have a very high work rate.  Could be the replace for Kace.
8) Biseswar, I don't know.  He looks like he's gained weight instead of losing it,
Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1