Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

All things considered not a bad draw. I'd like to get some revenge for the 4-4 from some years back. Blackhawk the walking encyclopedia, I'm sure, will dig up what year it was.

If I was a betting man I'd say 40% chance of progressing. Sound reasonable ? This is not the AJAX power house of old. They also don't have a young Suarez although these days I don't really know their squad.

Dutch Eagle, what do you think ? What is their squad like ? What are our (realistic) chances ? Could you increase them by maybe sabotaging their dinner ? Come on, your team needs you !!!!

The match was 6 years ago

I'll withhold judgement on our chances until we play this next friendly. Although I have a feeling Twente is going to be a much easier match than the Steaua one.

There squad is worth double ours.

There trophies 6 times ours.

There champions league history is amazing compared to our zero.

There stadium hilds double ours.

Their tourism is 5 times ours.

Their wages 3 times our amsterdam v salonica.

It really is david versues goliath in very aspect.

But F*** we are PAOK we honeslty can do this but odds are against us

PAOK has a chance, just like in 2010.

I think ELLAS75 is right with the 50%/50%.

020 as I prefer to call our next opponents had a lot of players with WC experience just after being runner-up in South-Africa. Now only Milik played EURO 2016. But some kind of way they are tough to beat. PSV Eindhoven had a much stronger squad last year but managed only to beat them for the title in the last match as 020 drew with a team that relegated right after that in the play-outs.

It's like Cruyff said about Italians: They can't beat you but you can lose against them.

But we would do about 15 million Dutch a favor if we beat them.

• Like it 1

Decent draw. We can progress. Their best player Milik might not even play in the first game.

The only thing that worries me is that we never eliminated a Dutch team from any European competition.

• Like it 1

So, PAOK will be playing on Wednesday and not the usual Thursdays which UEFA Europa League matches are played. Good, I can watch this one on my phone while at work. :D

Edited by Molon Lave

Well this is really surprising...Pereyra didn't make the 24-man team vs Ajax. I know this isn't the final list for group stages, but hopefully he doesn't find himself on the *real* cutting block. Vellidis and Chatziisaias also didn't make it (less surprising).

• Like it 1

Kace was left off probably because he is not ready. He only joined the team practices 3 days ago. He might be on the way out, but I don't think there are any takers. I think he shot himself in the foot, when he refused to re-negotiate his contract last year demanding a lot more money that PAOK was offering, and with his manager planting false  news stories that all these Italian teams were after him.

So, PAOK will be playing on Wednesday and not the usual Thursdays which UEFA Europa League matches are played. Good, I can watch this one on my phone while at work. :D

My apologies, didn't realize PAOK is in the UEFA Champions League qualifying