Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

Sparta are the smallest by name, but made the quarter finals of the Europa league knocking out Lazio along the way. There will be no easy beats, Sparta is obviously the one we want but it still won't be easy by any means.

With the season we had, who would have thought we'd find ourselves in this position. Just proves how diabolical the play off system is though, even when it does go in your favour. Just fark it off.

As for possible opponents, all tough, but with a few decent additions there's no reason we can't frustrate any of them. No Shakhtar

Despite our troubles, we still always account ourselves well in Europe against anyone we have played in the past, with Dortmund as recently as this season, we jagged an away win.

• Like it 1

I said something similar to the last few posts last week...

but I was howled down because I am a red fan :tdown:

Howled down? I think you're confusing our tone for your own, Officer Red.

As already posted PAOK will start the CL qualification campaign in the 3rd Qualifying Round for Non-Champions.

The seedings are as follows:

SEEDED TEAMS

Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) - 81.976
Ajax Amsterdam (HOL) - 58.112

Anderlecht Brussels (BEL) - 54.000

Fenerbahce Istanbul (TUR) - 40.920

Sparta Prague (CZE) - 40.585

UNSEEDED TEAMS 

PAOK Thessaloniki (GRE) - 37.440

Steaua Bukurest (ROM) - 36.576

AS Monaco (FRA) - 36.549

YoungBoys Berne (SWI) - 24.755

FK Rostov (RUS) - 11.716

We will be drawn against one of the seeded teams. If we are eliminated we will continue in the Qualifying Round 4 (Playoff Round) of Europa League.

The preliminary seedings for Qualifying Round 4 (if we make it) are as follows:

SEEDED TEAMS

Manchester City (ENG) - 99.256

FC Porto (POR) - 92.616

Villarreal (ESP) - 60.142

Borussia Monchengladbach (GER) - 42.035

AS Roma (ITA) - 41.587

UNSEEDED TEAMS 

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

PAOK Thessaloniki (GRE) - 37.440 (if we qualify)

Assuming we lose this first pair of matches, it looks like only AZ has the potential to be seeded over us in the EL playoff round.

Looking out even further, it's likely we'd end up 2nd seed in the EL group stages. Let's see if we can instead do the unthinkable and actually qualify for the CL.

Assuming we lose this first pair of matches, it looks like only AZ has the potential to be seeded over us in the EL playoff round.

Looking out even further, it's likely we'd end up 2nd seed in the EL group stages. Let's see if we can instead do the unthinkable and actually qualify for the CL.

You already assume that we lose?? Interesting... I already thought of which teams are most likely to F*** up against us in the playoff round.

As every coach likes to say, I only look to the next match. Also, the other possibilities have already been written above.

You should be THANKFUL I'm giving you so much information. Cherish it.

It's always better to look at a match from both sides of the coin. You must look at the pros of winning, but you also can't throw defeat in the back of your mind. Better to be prepared for the worst rather than go into it with no plan in place.

this is the PAOK way

• Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...