Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

The fat one is accused of game manipulation, if he gets convicted Gavros will be suspended.

However, those accusations are only rumours... although the suspension of Metalist were also just rumours in the beginning.

I think it is totally unfair to write PAOK off already for next season in Europe..... A new coach will be appointed, fresh players brought in, and the deadwood will be hauled off. Can't say that Ajax or whatever team would walk all over a PAOK team that has not even been put together yet.....

Nobody who has some brain left in his head writes us off like we were nothing. We had this season only one defeat against Krasnodar, and we're talking here about one of our worst seasons for the last years. 

I think it is totally unfair to write PAOK off already for next season in Europe..... A new coach will be appointed, fresh deadwood will be brought in, and the old deadwood will be hauled off. Can't say that Ajax or whatever team would walk all over a PAOK team that has not even been put together yet.....

Pana, corrected for accuracy

This is the thing pana, you can't just build a team and say 'right boys welcome to thessaloniki, we are playing against AJAX next week, they have 8 of their starting XI returning from last year and one of their three new players is brought up from the academy, now find your translator and introduce yourselves to your new teammates, we have 4 training sessions between now and next week to work out how we fight 15 full backs into our lineup, I know if you just try really really hard we can win'

• Like it 1

Nobody who has some brain left in his head writes us off like we were nothing. We had this season only one defeat against Krasnodar, and we're talking here about one of our worst seasons for the last years. 

No one is writing us off, but let's be realistic here, we shouldn't be aiming to have a team that can qualify 'if everything goes right' we need to be aiming for a team that matches those teams even on an average day.

Can we beat any of those teams? Yes. Are we likely to? Hell no.

• Like it 1

Personally, if Michel can get us one or two decent players this summer, and minimize the loss of any of our better players, I will be happy. I'd rather the team have some stability and time to gel than have them bring in a full new team's worth of guys.

Personally, if Michel can get us one or two decent players this summer, and minimize the loss of any of our better players, I will be happy. I'd rather the team have some stability and time to gel than have them bring in a full new team's worth of guys.

judging by history the opposite will happen

patience I have, hope I have even faith I have, but belief no.

a wise man once told me to measure twice and cut once [he also said kai prosekse na min kopseis ta dachtyla sou kosta], no one at the club at the moment has the foresight to measure at all, they just cut and when it doesn't fit throw it out and start again.

Patience unity. But we need to lift our quality.

I would prefer 5 quality signings instead of 2 file.

We need a quality centre back.

Quality centre mid to replace tziolis

Quality am thays why we carnt open teams up.

Berbatov replacement

And a winger to assist the work load for gary and mak if anks stays

• Like it 1

Pana, corrected for accuracy

This is the thing pana, you can't just build a team and say 'right boys welcome to thessaloniki, we are playing against AJAX next week, they have 8 of their starting XI returning from last year and one of their three new players is brought up from the academy, now find your translator and introduce yourselves to your new teammates, we have 4 training sessions between now and next week to work out how we fight 15 full backs into our lineup, I know if you just try really really hard we can win'

Dayum, that was just beautiful Nea Bafra.  And then we think we have the right to complain about the team not trying hard enough.

Meaning we'd get about one week more rest than we did last summer ;)

I'm taking a look at that awesome coefficients site (http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2016.html). Looks like we've dropped three places to 56th in Europe. If we were to make it into the third qualifying round of the EL, we'd be ranked second overall (after our old friends AZ). If we make it to the CL third qualifying round, we would be ranked 6th (which I know has been written before, I just like repeating things endlessly).

• Like it 2

Man I really like that idea. I'm going to probably be there, but I'm pretty sure I will be leaving the week before. Let's see if I can reschedule, barring results ;)

• Like it 2

By winning the playoffs the team now has a chance (even if it is a slim one) to finally make the group stage of CL. Worst case scenario for our CL qualification process is that we end up in the playoff round of Europa League, and we also have a chance to get a direct entry into Europa League group stage if we lose in the playoff round of CL qualification process. The main thing though is that we have a chance for the group stage of Champions League. Ivan now needs to bring in some solid players for us to have a chance though.