Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2016-2017

Blackhawk

Now that AEK has qualified to the final of the Greek Cup, PAOK has secured a spot in the next season's European Competition.

If PAOK wins the playoffs, we will take part in the Champions League qualifying rounds. Any other finish in the playoffs means that PAOK will take part in Europa League.

PAOK should be seeded in most Europa League rounds, and probably in the Qualifying Round 3 of the Champions League.

• Like it 1

In EL we will be seeded for sure. Top 10 even.

In CL we will most probably be unseeded.

See http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/view.php?topic=20151026002942.xml

And then click on cldraw.ru/en in the post of 26-10-2015.

Here the excel-format is filled out with the current standings.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1

June 20, 2016: draw for 1st and 2nd qualifying round Champions League + draw for 1st and 2nd qualifying round Europa League

June 28/29 2016: 1st qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg

June 30, 2016: 1st qualifying round Europa League, 1st leg

July 5/6, 2016: 1st qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg

July 7, 2016: 1st qualifying round Europa League, 2nd leg

July 12/13, 2016: 2nd qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg

July 14, 2016: 2nd qualifying round Europa League, 1st leg

July 15, 2016: draw for 3rd qualifying round Champions League + draw for 3rd qualifying round Europa League

July 19/20, 2016: 2nd qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg

July 21, 2016: 2nd qualifying round Europa League, 2nd leg

July 26/27, 2016: 3rd qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg

July 28, 2016: 3rd qualifying round Europa League, 1st leg

August 2/3, 2016: 3rd qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg

August 4, 2016: 3rd qualifying round Europa League, 2nd leg

August 5, 2016: draw for 4th qualifying round (play-off round) Champions League + draw for 4th qualifying round (play-off round) Europa League

August 16/17, 2016: 4th qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg

August 18, 2016: 4th qualifying round Europa League, 1st leg

August 23/24, 2016: 4th qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg

August 25, 2016: draw for Champions League group stage

August 25, 2016: 4th qualifying round Europa League, 2nd leg

August 26, 2016: draw for Europa League group stage

September 13/14, 2016: 1st match Champions League group stage

September 15, 2016: 1st match Europa League group stage

Edited by Dutch Eagle

• 3 weeks later...

Now that AEK won the Greek Cup, they hold the good ticket for Europa League, PAOK two goals in the playoffs should be to win the playoffs and not finish in last place.

By winning the playoffs we will go to CL qualifying round 3. Second and third place in playoffs will give us a ticket to the 3rd qualifying round of EL as long as AEK does not win the playoffs. 

There is a slight chance that a second place in the playoffs might lead to the group stage of EL, but for that to happen, AEK would have to win the playoffs and Seville would have to win both the Europa League and the Spanish Cup.

• Like it 1

Now that AEK won the Greek Cup, they hold the good ticket for Europa League, PAOK two goals in the playoffs should be to win the playoffs and not finish in last place.

By winning the playoffs we will go to CL qualifying round 3. Second and third place in playoffs will give us a ticket to the 3rd qualifying round of EL as long as AEK does not win the playoffs. 

There is a slight chance that a second place in the playoffs might lead to the group stage of EL, but for that to happen, AEK would have to win the playoffs and Seville would have to win both the Europa League and the Spanish Cup.

this hurt my brain

• Like it 1

Leader,

You mean: third place will give us a ticket for Q3 EL as long as AEK does not finishes last, I suppose?

Leader,

You mean: third place will give us a ticket for Q3 EL as long as AEK does not finishes last, I suppose?

You're correct. Also tonight we might know if there is till a chance that the "good" ticket might lead to EL group stage. 

In any case, if we don't finish last in the playoffs, we are looking at basically the same scenario: starting the European campaign at the end of July.

Sevilla won the EL with a convincing 1-3 against Liverpool in the final.

This is step 1.

To be honest I don't want step 2 because that means that Barca loses the final of the Copa del Rey. And I didn't want Sevilla to win the EL either......

Sevilla won the EL with a convincing 1-3 against Liverpool in the final.

This is step 1.

To be honest I don't want step 2 because that means that Barca loses the final of the Copa del Rey. And I didn't want Sevilla to win the EL either......

First, Barca will win the Copa del Rey.

Second, we will win the playoffs.

Mark my words file.

• Like it 3

Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk Coeff. 81.976

Netherlands Ajax Coeff. 58.112

Belgium Anderlecht Coeff. 54.000

Turkey Fenerbah?e Coeff. 40.920

Czech Republic Sparta Prague Coeff. 40.585

These are our possible opponents btw. However, we need to avoid Shaktar, they're too heavy. The rest is absolutely doable. Personally, I'd like to see us against AJAX again. They're weaker than the AJAX from 6 years ago. Revenge is sweet...

You can't even beat Koula, I'd be much more worried about your "omadara". How is the fat one going to pay the referees without the Cl millions?

Btw, unlike gavros European season, Sparta did great last year. They are surely not the weakest.

• Like it 2

this is not about osfp....

are you able to discuss a topic on its merit or not?

Sparta are not weak....but the weakest of that group.....and all are stronger than PAO/PAOK/AEK...

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand?   and not sure what team I support has anything to do with this thread...?

Yeah and this topic isn't about AEK & PAO aswell.

It's PAOK only. If you want to discuss about PAOK, you're fine.

So, shall we?

Shaktar had the best European season from all of the possible opponents. They just lost to almighty Sevilla. Their team has absolutely Cl quality, so I hardly see chances there for us.

AJAX for instance was by far worse. They were in the same El group as Fenerbahce, but only finished third. Not to mention that their team is in decline for the last years.

Fenerbahce on the other hand had a decent perfomance, managed to get to the 1/8 finals but lost there poorly against Braga. They have some quality in their team, but they proved that they can't be the overwhelming club they'd like to be. Furthermore they did poorly against every Greek team they had played against.

I don't know anything about Anderlecht though. They meant business with a familiar club in the 1/16 final, but that's it. I'll give them a point because they have won against the referee as well in that match.

Prague was somehow the Leicester of the last European season, they were amazing. They had beaten Krasnodar 4:0 while we hardly managed to score against Krasnodar. If they pull off half of what they did last year we bearly have any chances.

• Like it 1

PAOK is also much weaker than 6 years ago....

only possible chance in that group is Sparta...the rest would ease past any of PAO/PAOK/AEK..

And Dortmund is stronger than all of those teams. PAOK will try to win, which is all I'd ask of them.

• Like it 2

I hope Paok do get thru...

We all rate Dortmund...

i did not see the game in Germany reports were that PAOK did not do much other than score....

I watched the game in greece....PAOK were extremely lucky and totally outplayed..embarrassed at times by the disparity in quality...

however the goal PAOK conceded was very very unlucky....and PAOK could have pinched it late against the run of play..

football at this level is played in fine margins..

Bayern outplayed as at Karaiskaki,....went 0-1 up with a fluke goal....Salino misses 1:1 in the 82nd the game finishes 0-3 in junk time...

sheriff is right, what does it matter if Ajax are weaker than they were 6 years ago when if you compare our team to what it was 6 years ago......hmmm whats a good analogy here, oh I know boston thanatos said it best

"It's like comparing The Golden State Warriors to a YMCA league of retarded midgets with no arms..."

Its time for savvidis to spend wisely.

We need him to spend evenly. Not 2m on a star.

Contracts are now under control and we no longer have overpaid players like spyropoulos etc.

We need 5 solid transfer nice and early for me leo matos is a nice start.

Leovac will be like a new signing at left back and add giannoulis as back up our left and right backs are sorted.

With more games under their belt harisis and cmirok well inly improve.

What we need is 5 serious europen quality players on wages around 600k each.

Cf, am, lw, cm, Cb.

If we do make the Champions league qualifiers, we would be heavy underdogs and would need a lot of luck to go our away. In saying that as others have metioned with a few signings there is no reason we can't trouble those sides on the break and give them some issues. But we are still 3 games away from this being an issue and our midfield is depleted as it stands. Lets get through Thursday first and take these games one at a time before we start dreaming about the UCL