Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

FIFA/UEFA Ban to begin April 1st 2016

The meeting between FIFA/UEFA concluded. Kontonis stuck to his guns.

Original decided to turn up to the meeting to protest Kontonis and the EPO - saying they are both owned by Olympiacos. However Kontonis stuck to his guns of banning the Cup like PAO/PAOK and AEK wished he would do and soon after the meeting Original went home.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/pano-tis-ORIGINAL-eksw-apo-ti-sunadisi-UEFA-kodonis-tha-kanoun-o-ti-thelei-i-paragka-tou-baggeli/3154653

During the meeting the FIFA/UEFA leaders had terminal failure in trying to understand why Kontonis had banned the cup but not the whole league where violence persists. They did not understand why foreign refs for the games were not considered and playing the games behind closed doors. All the violence in Greece since the ban did not help Kontonis's case either. FIFA and UEFA delegates travel to the most bizarre places, but they had genuine trouble understanding why Kontonis had done what he did and how he thought what he did would change anything.

Either way Kontonis stuck to his guns so from April 1st, Greek National team is barred from WC quals and official FIFA/UEFA games and all Greek clubs will be barred from UEFA competitions. 

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/sta-akra-kodonis-FIFA/3154685

Where did you see the ban starts on April 1st? All I can see is that they will file their report and to expect action by April 1st, or possibly with one to one and a half week later. There is no mention what FIFA/UEFA is considering. The so-called Grexit is just a speculation by the Greek media. We have not heard the last word on this. This will drag on for a while. At the end there will be some kind of agreement. there always is.

Doesn't mean anything. We were banned in 2006 as well, and we did not miss anything. In the end something will be worked out. Unfortunately.

We wont be banned by the 1st April as an extension was given until the 5th April but cant see what will change til then especially with Kontonis sticking to his guns, I also heard he said he would re-instate the cup only if 15 EPO staff resign from their post.

Well then hopefully he'll hold out until more than 15 staff resign!

Kontonis repeated 19 times the last few months this ban of the cup is to protect fans. One meeting with Uefa and it turns out the ban is in order to remove 15 members of the EPO.

The confidence to lie on that scale and for that long is mind-blowingly Greek.

Heating up! Kontonis just said today......again....he wont back down on the ban.. but now.. only unless the EPO resigns.. He was clapped hard by the Thessaloniki crowd. He also connected the issue to Syriza cleaning up Greece!

This is spectacular - never before seen such lying besides when Tsipras made Greece vote against the EU deal and then embarrassingly accepted the deal hours later but on worse terms. Syriza are really entertaining and the media, in general are in support! Let's see how it turns out!

• Like it 1

Reaper we are talking about Syriza here don't be surprised with all the lies you have been fed by them lol

As you said the same party who had Greeks vote yes or no and as I have said many times only a m#$%! would've voted yes to more austerity, Tsipras new what the result would be yet played all the Greek people, this party has played all of us with many things.

I still think deep down we wont get banned and at the last hour the kypello will be re-instated (or so I hope)

• Like it 1

Well it will be interesting. Kontonis has put himself in a corner with this. Would have been better if he had banned the whole league - but because he is a bit simple, he banned the Cup and pretended it was for fan safety. At that point he lost what little credibility he had. EPO said they will not step down this afternoon, will be interesting!

I agree he should've stopped the league also if fan violence was an issue, I honestly think they are stopping the kypello as AEK vs Oly is on the cards for the final and at this current time can you imagine the hype, the threats, the power struggle this game can have with our 2 owners?

One thing I agree with Kontonis on is where he is saying those involved in match fixing or corruption must step down. I read that the guy from the Cyprus FA who came over for the meeting, has a relative of his involved in Koriopolis scandal, that just says enough right there.

FIFA & UEFA came to Greece and ignored the corruption that's going on, what message are they sending to everyone by doing that? This is what makes me want us to be kicked out, the governing body of football doesn't even give a F*** about the corruption that they surely know all about....

These EPO members are 'involved' according to Kontonis - not sentenced. The fact that they have been included in an investigation, Kontonis (Alafouzos) wants them gone. That is like asking Hilary Clinton to stop running for president because of her selling favours through emails - a crime she is under FBI investigation for. She will only go if she is convicted. Same with these guys at the EPO and Marinakis. There is not even a trial date set for Marinakis!

Look at Marinakis. He was charged with being a member of a criminal organisation. Lower judges relinquished the charges against him due to lack of evidence. The top judge however has not relented. So when is the trial? No date - not even a estimate for a date!! That is what Kontonis should be pushing for, but as a lawyer (Kontonis is a lawyer) he knows there is not enough evidence to sentence Marinakis. Alafouzos knows the same - hence why he never calls for the trial to come to fruition. 

If Kontonis was serious, he would encourage the Greek judicial system, no matter how bad, to get to trial over the EPO, marinakis and the 10000s of rich Greeks whose case is still ongoing and waiting for a court date. I know a guy who is still waiting for his day in court in Greece since 1996..

He provided a list of names with certain things attached to them that actually stretch back to 2004 lol

Nothing will happen to Marinakis, as much as many of us want him gone they don't have the balls to go ahead and actually set a trial date for him. Hope I am wrong with this but I cant see anything happening...

Won't happen. Kontonis used to be student union leader of Greece. He won't back down. His whole life has been sit-ins and strikes. I sensed from the first second of this farce, SYRIZA would do things in Greece that would have consequences for years to come. However Kontonis only did what he did because he had the support of PAO, PAOK and AEK when he announced his ban.

Alafouzos just pooed the bed and did a 360 saying now is against Grexit! Too late.. Kontonis now has the official backing of Tsipras for Grexit.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/pao-pane-pisw-to-podosfairo-o-anikanos-kodonis-i-dieftharmeni-epo-kai-i-egklimatiki-organwsi/3155245

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/tsipras-se-kodoni-min-kaneis-bima-pisw/3155253

PAOK also came out and said no Grexit.

Reaper I don't think it matters that other teams supported the decision or not, in the end he makes the decision himself. If these 3 clubs went to him and said change your decision we will support it you think he will change it? No way. Syriza has been put here to destroy Greece as much as possible from within and they are currently doing a fantastic job at that the scums.....

Well they have 2 days for something to give or change if not we are doomed.

Have to disagree on this one Olympic. Kontonis was president of the central committee of the National Student Union of Greece - there were solidarity strikes and University shut-downs daily.. Likewise, he was nominated for a spot on the Senate of the University of Athens and a spot as secretary of the Central Council of Greek Communist Youth - Rigas Feraios (EKON), the then-youth organisation of the Communist Party of Greece (Interior). These guys build careers on closing down systems, strikes, bans, sit-ins etc.

This guys believes in sit-ins, strikes and anarchy. He believes the more people he has on 'his side' the stronger the revolution. That is why he got Tsipras involved to add a heavy weight (in his mind) name to his supporters. In the beginning of his decision to scrap the cup - he heavily relied on the anarchy of Tiger, Alafouzos and Savvidis for support. He got it. He also made sure he had the support of their fans - which was also forthcoming. Original were even protesting on Kontonis' behalf during the UEFA/FIFA meeting. Only a few days ago did Alafouzos somersault with Savvidis. Tiger too. Before that point they were all supporting Kontonis and making him feel he had a case. The minute they realised FIFA/UEFA would not only hurt Olympiacos with the ban but also AEK/PAOK/PAO - they all somersaulted. However - it was too late. Kontonis has repeated over 20 times he wont back down. He is doing that to bluff. He got Tsipras and some other big names to back him too. Sport24, Sport-fm and Gazzetta have all had pro Kontonis articles also. Skai, SDNA made Kontonis look like he knew what he was doing until Alafouzos and Kontonis got into a nasty war of words last week.

The whole affair is very Greek.. however blame cannot be removed from those who enabled Kontonis - and then called him a liar and traitor last week when they realised their clubs would get hurt by the ban. Greece can't change unless responsibility is accepted.

• Like it 1

Original DID NOT go there in support of Kontonis, come on Reaper that is wrong to say. They went there to be heard and tell UEFA/FIFA reps this s%$#! in football needs to stop. Has nothing to do with supporting Kontonis.

When Girtzikis got out the car, they booed him and swore at him - shouting and screaming.

When Kontonis came out his car.. 

Their message was if Kontonis caves in, he is owned by Olympiacos.

Gate4 also backed the Cup ban.

Of course they going to boo Gritzikis any fan would yourself included.

Original hasn't supported the ban they just want to see change in the League like everyone else.

Their banner was a clear msg to UEFA/FIFA nothing more, I know this because I am in a private Original group who discuss all their moves.

Initially Original supported the Cup ban as I said. So did Tiger. It only soured last week. At no point did Original who wrote a 4000 word statement about the events say the ban was wrong. AEK accepted the ban and said that it hoped this would change the status quo.

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/175702/paramythi-poylaei-kai-i-aek-gia-ton-paramythi-kontoni

AEK were supporters of this ban from the first minute, so was Tiger. The only club openly against it was Olympiacos. Panaitolikos and the others followed last week. Alafouzos followed only when he got into a hardcore accusations laden spat with Kontonis. 

PAE AEK does support it yes we have mentioned that many times, Original no, there is not 1 person from Original that I speak with that has backed this decision, they actually all hate Kontonis.

I am afraid it doesn't work like that. I actually read original's long winded statement after the ban. They covered so much, so many conspiracy theories, so many aspects.. It was like a dissertation. At no point did they say that the cup ban was wrong. You think they forgot about the one reason they were writing the statement immediately after Kontonis banned the cup? Nope. Their silence was the silent agreement of the ban. Why were they silent? So if the ban went apocalyptic they could claim they never specifically supported Kontonis. However their game is obvious. Same with the other clubs. They put no pressure on Kontonis in the hope the ban would hurt Olympiacos and it backfired spectacular.