Phantis Forums

Was interesting, Tsipras was completely pro the Turkish deal. He did not have one red line.

The Cypriots forced the EU to not open 5 vital EU Chapters on Turkey. The EU agreed and those Chapters remain closed. Tsipras could have asked for Turkey to recognise Greek borders that are constantly violated - sea and air and could have asked Turkey to recognise the Greek status of the islands of the dodeconese. Tsipras could have said Turkey has to scrap Turkey's causi belli against Greece if Greece moved is sea borders to 12 miles. Instead, Tsipras demanded nothing, except Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia (the V4 right wing group) agree to the EU - Turkish deal. Previous Greek PMs also stated Turks would not be allowed to settle on Greek Islands to alter the demographics if the was ever free movenent visa liberalisation for Turks. Tsipras demanded nothing. And Kammenos? The big right wing Greek who cares about security? He said and did nothing.

He's not going to say anything.  He wants open borders and wants Greece to have a bunch of little Mohammad's running around.  No matter what happens, Greece is finished.  The constant filth crossing the border has pretty much sealed the deal.

He has taken a country that was bankrupt which is not his fault but his moronic actions have caused capital controls that are still in place and his unwillingness to guard the border because of his belief in open borders.  Pretty much in any sane country in the world, they would have booted him out but in Greece this seems acceptable.

Edited by gyros

Mr. Tsipras Reveals Yet Another 'Mr. Hyde' in TV Interview
Jul 15, 2016

TSIPRASYOUTH.jpg

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras showed yet another of his many faces during his interview on Skai television on Thursday night.

The particular face was that of the affable, sincere politician who has succeeded on his difficult program and turns to his people to recount the many glories of his administration.

If an outsider was listening to the Greek prime minister they would think that Greece is some kind of an east Mediterranean Monaco where people are ready to start basking in the sun enjoying the fruits of economic growth while the most caring government on the planet is busy legislating new laws that would bring even more prosperity and happiness. And social justice for all, especially for the poor, so the cabinet members don't forget their communist background.

If the newly elected Tsipras was disengaged from reality regarding his ambitious goals, the ruling Tsipras is disengaged from reality regarding his achievements. He is probably the only prime minister in Greece's political history that has not achieved even one of the many things he had promised. Not one. Yet, he talks as if he has done most of the things he pledged to do.

Tsipras said that in some cases he was forced to choose the lesser of two evils and now he recognizes that he has better knowledge of international associations and the country's potential. Not once did he apologize of his lack of knowledge on how the real world operates, outside the confines of his Marxist ideology.

Answering to questions on the electoral law, he said that the abolition of the 50 bonus seats to the winning party and pure proportional representation will make Greece more democratic. He called the 50 bonus seats as undemocratic. Yet, he failed to mention that he came twice to power using the 'undemocratic' bonus seats.

On the Brexit, he said that since Greece has secured a European Union bailout program, the repercussions of the Brexit would not be felt. He also said that he was against Britain leaving the union, yet many of his cabinet members were openly for a Brexit. Only three days ago the vulgar Deputy Health Minister Pavlos Polakis said in a press conference that if it wasn?t for SYRIZA, Britain would have never shown the defiance to leave the austerity-imposing European Union.

Regarding the infamous Plan X of former finance minister Yanis Varoufakis ' that looked suspiciously like a coup involving the army ' in case negotiations with lenders failed and Greece was forced to leave the euro zone, he downplayed facts and said that he indeed had asked Varoufakis to form a plan. However, he said, when he saw what was at stake, he decided to go ahead and sign the memorandum of understanding with creditors. He said he cannot follow what Varoufakis says about that period and, again, he forgot to apologize for the fact that Varoufakis' flashy tricks cost the Greek economy 80-100 billion euros.

On the issue of trying to close television stations that are critical of the government using the pretext of protecting healthy entrepreneurship by giving out only four broadcasting licenses, he answered that Greece can only handle four television stations. Well, again, he failed to mention that a crisis-stricken country cannot afford four state-operated television stations. Not to mention that taking away the authority of the independent monitoring council and giving its authorities to a state minister does not sound too democratic.

During the interview, there were several times that Tsipras spoke as if he was leader of the opposition. His constant slamming of New Democracy and chief Kyriakos Mitsotakis sounded like he is in pre-election mode, not the elected prime minister who has a lot of work ahead of him. Despite the fact that he said elections will be held in 2019 ? after the SYRIZA-ANEL four-year term expires ? his rushing to change the electoral law now is due to the fact that the conservative party leads in opinion polls while Tsipras? popularity is waning.

The problem Tsipras has is that few Greeks believe him anymore. In fact, there is audio documentation available for everything he has said or promised in the past. His lies to come to power ? or illusions, as he calls them ? are all documented. In the interview, he tried to pass the harsh bailout measures as beneficiary or, at worst, as the lesser of two evils. Yet, in the eyes of the Greek people he is the man who cheated them out of their vote by promising things he knew he could not deliver.

- See more at: http://greece.greekreporter.com/2016/07/15/mr-tsipras-reveals-yet-another-mr-hyde-in-tv-interview/#sthash.n8DJK7YA.dpuf

In my opinion, there's a difference between the public space (the proverbial, public square) where speech, symbols, etc. should be allowed. However, organizations, clubs, individuals should take a stand against bigotry, racism, homophobia, sexism, etc... I would not want to see fascist symbols, certain communist symbols, the Confederate flag, etc, here. I can deal with offensive speech and symbolism, but I don't have to encourage it. Like you don't have a right to publish anything you want in the New York Times, I think a forum doesn't have to allow everything. We don't allow brawls here even though I believe people are free beat each other up if they so desire; they just have to take their fight elsewhere.

In other words, this is not a church but also it's not a place you behave anyway you feel like. You can't trash the place. If you want to provoke fights or issue threats, demean groups of people, etc, find the appropriate venue, 'cause this is not it.

You may dislike Tsipras (or anyone else) and hate his policies, but you cannot call for his death. You may be against immigration but you can't call those people animals, scum, whatever. You can be an ultra-nationalist, but you have to keep your hate and disrespect inside you not dis whole groups publicly in this private forum. Fortunately nowadays there are plenty of venues to find people like yourself to associate (or fight) with.

Thank you.

You seriously gave me a warning for saying 'F*** Germany' . Athinaios I have every right to say F*** them, heck they slaughtered my grandparents. They owe us. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Greece)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can't express yourself like this, against a group of people. Greeks are also responsible for killing Turks, Cypriots, and other Greeks. I'd warn, delete, and ban anyone who said "[email protected]## the Greeks".

PS> There are many Germans, a few I know personally, who couldn't be nicer people. There are Germans who risk their lives helping persecuted persons.  Likewise. WE (you and I) are not responsible for what some Greeks did to other peoples.

athinaios you should seriously check out that link^. I'm not mad I got a warning, it's the reason why. 

Or go ahead and delete my comments, and defend Germany, because heaven forbid I verbally offend a German

Anna Korakaki while in Rio stated that the FB account thanking Tsipras for his thanks was a fake, and she never thanked him for his thanks. She has since stated her sport was terribly supported etc.

Turns out she was the only Greek medalist not invited to the Olympic Champion's Celebration today at the Presidential Palace to meet Kontonis and the president. Vendettas!

http://www.sport24.gr/Sports/OlympicGames/ksexasan-na-kalesoyn-thn-korakakh-sto-proedriko-megaro.4229551.html

When Korakaki's father told the media today his daughter was not invited - the Government immediately said they did invite her by speaking to her dad! - but he was in France so it was difficult..:grin:

They said she will now get a private meeting as a compensation..

On 8/22/2016 at 2:14 PM, Ethnikos said:

Or go ahead and delete my comments, and defend Germany, because heaven forbid I verbally offend a German

Tsk....

I don't know why I have to state the obvious, again...

"offend a German"?! Surely, is this how you see your behavior, then please pay attention: "F#@k the Germans" is not "a German". Secondly, the purpose of this forum is to have a conversation not a bar fight or compete who's can hurl the best insults.

Everyone should ask themselves before they post:

• am I adding to the conversation?
  • am I within  the established and clearly stated rules of this forum? No one has a right to say anything whenever, wherever they want; this is not the proverbial public square, but a private club whose rules must be respected for the benefit of all members.  Like football has rules and refs, so it is here too.
  • am I making contributions in keeping this forum a nice place to hang out? or, am I trashing it?
  • am I mature enough to be here?

I's sorry to include the last one, but sadly some posts seem to be made by immature children with a hormonal problem...

• Like it 3

On 20/08/2016 at 10:38 AM, Ethnikos said:

Not going to happen. Smoke in mirrors tactic aimed to distract attention away from sheer SYRIZA incompetence. 

This along with Tsipras going after former ELSTAT chief Andreas Georgiou just goes to show you that SYRIZA are running out of people to blame instead of looking inwards at themselves. 

• Like it 1

Tsipras will do anything to be in power. This is the bottom line. First, he accepts the support of the Kamenos party (which also is only concerned with being in gov while maintaining an ultra-nationalist stance), and then he accepts tougher European terms after he promoted the "OXI" (NO).  If he had any sense of honor, he should have said, I couldn't agree with the harsh terms, I supported the "OXI" so I'm out.  But.....

PS> Tsipras studied and copied Andreas in the 1970s and 80s. The difference is that Andreas was better at blah-blah and he actually had free money from the EU flowing into Greece.

Interesting he said she said.

France's Hollande Reveals "Tsipras Wanted To Print Drachmas In Russia"

Confirming what we noted in 2015, French President Francois Hollande revealed that Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras wanted to print Drachmas in Russia.

As KeepTalkingGreece.com details, in a book “Presidents should not talk about such things” Hollande speaks about a conservation he had with Russian President Vladimir Putin in summer of 2015, the peak of the Greek crisis before the government surrendered to the European lenders.

Hollande received a phone call by Putin who said:

“I want to give you this information. Greece asked us to print Drachmas because they have no longer a printer for this. I want to tell you that this is something [ apparently the Grexit] that we do not want.”

The book author note that this Greek request was a proof that Greece was thinking to exit the eurozone.

Hollande wondered why Putin passed him over such an information.

“Probably he [Putin] didn’t want to be considered responsible for the Grexit and to say also that a Grexit was a danger that had to be avoided.”

According to the book, both Germany and the International Monetary Fund wanted Greece out of the eurozone.

Below a phone conversation between French Finance Minister Michel Sapin and President Hollande, referring to Germany wanting to have Greece out of the eurozone:

Sapin: “Germans are sticking to the argument that the Greek debt is not sustainable.”

Hollande: “They are able to do so. there is a statement by Merkel saying debt relief is out of discussion.”

A little later in the book

Hollande: “Lagarde is in favor of Grexit. She told me so with arguments that have some basis: she believes that with such debt Greece cannot be rescued and it is better off the eurozone. Lagarde is polite but she is under pressure by the US administration and the IMF.”

Authors of the book are two Le Monde journalists Davet and Llomme and is based on Hollande’s confessions to them.

Greek reaction

Speaking to Greek media, government sources confirmed that there were contacts with President Putin but that “at no time the Greek PM discussed such an issue.”

Tsipras tweeting about the death of Fidel:

“Farewell comandante. Until the ultimate victory of the people.”

3 hours ago, Reaper said:

Tsipras tweeting about the death of Fidel: “Farewell comandante. Until the ultimate victory of the people.”

What does this victory look like?  He has to specify so we can offer an opinion whether it is a ..glorious one.  Is it like the victories the communists achieved elsewhere?

Is it like Make America Great Again?...  Some general bullshit without defining greatness or the time?  And, what did people win under Castro that would not have had without him?. Cuba could have enjoyed a better life in the last 55+ years had it been like Costa Rica or not under harsh communist rule. Not that the previous regime was any better.

For me Castro was a bloody dictator who replaced another bloody dictator. Good riddance.

4 minutes ago, athinaios said:

What does this victory look like?  He has to specify so we can offer an opinion whether it is a ..glorious one.  Is it like the victories the communists achieved elsewhere?

I assume he is talking about the global revolution Marx predicted - that can only take place after the planet is completely industrialised. Either way, I am with you. Cuba is not a democratic country and it is a place where opposition groups have been tortured and killed for over 50 years. I think Tsipras is just an out-of-touch ideologue. I found out a few weeks ago less than 2 million Greeks voted Tsipras into power in 2015.. the turnout was terrible.

Communism has failed to deliver a better life, even at the expense of freedom. At least the Saudi king says I'll give you lots of goodies but you can't challenge me for political power, and many Saudis have taken this bargain. [I am not promoting this vile kingdom, to be clear]

Tsipras and the Greek communist left are disillusioned and are actually regressive in my opinion.

On 27/11/2016 at 5:11 AM, athinaios said:

Communism has failed to deliver a better life, even at the expense of freedom. At least the Saudi king says I'll give you lots of goodies but you can't challenge me for political power, and many Saudis have taken this bargain. [I am not promoting this vile kingdom, to be clear]

Tsipras and the Greek communist left are disillusioned and are actually regressive in my opinion.

sadly Greeks are waiting to be taken to the promised land..on some lefty magic carpet...

On 11/28/2016 at 3:27 AM, RED SHERIFF said:

sadly Greeks are waiting to be taken to the promised land..on some lefty magic carpet...

Look, it's a common attitude of people who feel lost, or left out, or cheated of something either by the system or any other country or certain group of people. They fall prey to demagoguery.  In Greece it may be the left that promised them ..the promised land; in other countries, it's the right that has done the same.

On 01/12/2016 at 3:17 PM, athinaios said:

Look, it's a common attitude of people who feel lost, or left out, or cheated of something either by the system or any other country or certain group of people. They fall prey to demagoguery.  In Greece it may be the left that promised them ..the promised land; in other countries, it's the right that has done the same.

in general I agree...

but it seems Greeks have had the opportunity over many decades to take the right carpet....

this phenomenon is not a new one for Greeks born from the 'crisis'

its a sad and comical view of the world they have carried for many decades..looking for the magic carpet..

We must be careful when we use the words 'Greeks.' Less than 2 million Greeks voted for Tsipras.

Simitis for example won the elections in 2000 with over 3 million votes.

For me the main problem in Greece is apathy (people not bothering to vote) lets in the extremists both left (Tsipras) and right (Michaloliakos).

Now luckily in Greece there is a law that everyone at voting age has to vote. If this actually happened - it would remove these extremists. However - like everything in Greece - the rule is not enforced. So once again.. we see a total lack of law and order damaging Greece.