Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

- - - - - - - - - - - - -Vellidis- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leo Matos - Chatziisaias - Varela - Leovac/Crespo

- - - - - - - - - - Canas/Cimirot - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - -- Shakhov- - -Charisis/Tziolis- - - -

Rodriguez- - - - - Pelkas - - - - Djalma/Biseswar

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - X X X - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doesnt seem so bad. Just buy a decent CF and maybe another 8. 

Sherriff is right. Paok has been doing some good transfers every now and then, best transfers the last 4 years from the big 3 (pao , aek). Oly attracted some better calibre players coz of champions league as it made them feel relevant.
But paok has had management issues. In order for a transfer to happpen there had to be 6 OKays. Even ex referee Kakos had a say to who PAOK was going to sign. 

I can see what Sheriff is getting at. Arnesen was meant to be a part of a long term plan, the players he signed were at the right age to develop further. We showed intent to build a strong side over the course of 2-3 seasons and hopefully have that side peaks and challenges a couple years from now, but we bailed on it and were thrown back to square one without even having finished the season. I'm not quite sure where the team stands right now with what Michel's brought in, we'll have to wait for season to begin. The good news is we have some very talented pieces at a great age to work with (Charisis, Cimirot, Pelkas etc).

Yes yes, I get what Sheriff is saying also.  But, what can we seriously expect from a team that hasn't kept a manager for longer than 8 months in the last 4 seasons ?  Note that our fans don't help either.

As for expecting players that are leaders or can make the difference, how can a team like PAOK attract such players ?  The answer is they can't easily.  A player that is that easy to spot, will have been poached by a better club in a better league long before a team like PAOK can get them.  All PAOK can do is to try and acquire players that show glimmers of something, and hope that given the chance they will reach some sort of hypothetical potential.  Sometimes it will works e.g. Lucas, Mak, sometimes it won't.  PAOK doesn't currently have the mentality as a club or the funds to be able to just "make" a team that can regularly and consistently put teams like Ajax way.

There are a core of players currently in the team that are semi-solid players like Tzavellas, Leovac, Charisis, Cimirot, Kace, Pelkas, Mystakidis, Rodrigues, Pereyra that are all decent players on their day.  The hard part is having them all fit and in form at the same time.  I am hoping that some of the new transfers like Matos, Shakhov, Canas, Biseswar, Djalma will be another small step up in "kwality" as Tudor used to say.

Having said all that, I've always thought that the most logical expectation one should have for their team, is that it is better and improving from one season to the next.  With that in mind I am quietly optimistic about this seasons transfers.  Will PAOK beat Ajax ?  I don't know.  But I will be disappointed if the team this season is not better than last season.  And yes, Mak will be sorely missed.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

I think the team will be stronger than last season. Our issue is usually how we fall apart after the break. This time, with our overabundance of players at each position, we might be able to at least overcome the fatigue and endless suspensions.

It also seems that our better players from last year might end up becoming second string. I can live with that. It means our throwaway games in the early stages of the cup will at least be more fun to watch. And if players like Pelkas and Mistakidis can step up their game and claim that coveted starter role, it'll be even better for the club.

Melissas has signed a new contract through 2020, I bet this is the last step before he gets loaned.

Michel had also said that transfers are not over for the summer, apparently. Hopefully he puts that Mak money to good use. I'm guessing a CF.

While red sheriff makes some points hes point black hate for paok and that typical "bulgari" type of post and attitude comes through.

He knows all about paok but doesnt know that mak was replaced by djalma and that kace was replaced by canas both players in their prime ages and come from good leagues. Weather they can beat ajax is not known but they difiantelt win in the kairaiskaki.

So worry about your own transfers.

Ajax is beating marseille 1-0 20"minute atm

Exactly. Mak was not going to stay at PAOK considering we were offering only 800K salary, while Zenit is giving him 1.5 mil plus bonuses. I think Mak's mind was made up when he got the red card and the 5 game ban for the penalty against Olympiakos that was never called.

PAOK got a pretty good deal for Mak. We paid 300K to get him, and will pocket 3.5 mil with his sale. Not a bad investment.

• Like it 1

PAOK got a pretty good deal for Mak. We paid 300K to get him, and will pocket 3.5 mil with his sale. Not a bad investment.

From a business perspective, Mak has been a superb investment.  Imagine if a scout came up to you and said, "hey, I've found this player, he'll cost 300K, he'll bang in ~20 goals per season for 2 seasons, he's a game changer, and in 2 years from now you'll sell him for 10x what you paid for him".

Having said that, I actually think he's worth a bit more than what Zenit paid for him.  Regardless, I still wish he stayed with us, even though it was never realistic to think such a thought.

Very true about the business side of the Mak sale. 

Players like Mak who come at a good age to a club like PAOK only ever want to use it as a stepping stone. Play regular first team football and play in Europe. He did what he set out to do, and we got 2 years out of a good player and now a nice little pay day. Lets see the cash invested back in the squad. 

@PAOK SYD

You need to grow up...and cut the tough guy talk...

I don't hate PAOK or any other Greek team..

you and the rest agree with my comments but don;t lik hearing the truth from an oly fan...

Where have I ever referred to Vulgari etc??  that's a poor snipe..

I suggest you stick to  ALeague or NRL...because you choose not to understand my comments..

To even say Mak will be replaced by Djalma before we have seen him kick a ball is absurd...

Sheriff, always the Mr know it all.

The signings that PAOK have made are really no different to the calibre of the signings the Gaybro make, if you look at the players CV's, so I don't know what your on about. What star signings have you made? Farken no one, a 35 year old Cambiasso? siga re.

Shakhov & Matos were part of a team that made a European final 2 years ago, so far better than any Greek team, Djalma & Biseswar come from a league that's of higher quality overall compared to the GSL, much more solid signings compared to last year, when we were getting players from Slovakia, Bulgaria etc..

Not saying the above signings are going to be stars, but PAOK is definitely stronger overall, compared to last season

Not acting the tough guy just saying it as it and you dont like it.

Yet you reiterate that djlama is not maks replacement wtf is djalma a physio?????

I only support paok in football and fo not watch other sports or support other leagues and clubs.

I think its time RS you went to greece for a holiday australia and its misery has gotten to you head

Love it when PAOKIA are blinder than OLYMPIAKOUS at transfers.
Olympiakos the previous years brought players like Affellay, Cambiasso, Saviola.
All flops (maybe cambiasso not exactly but he played like 10 matches all year , and no more than 60 minutes each).
Meanwhile Paok gets no-namers who were in a better team previously (Dzalma, Biseswar) but not wanted at a young age and didnt exactly have maximum playtime there either.
Yes, the fact that they come from a better league is an upgrade to your team.
The fact that they werent like Hernani (0 apps 0 goals) getting loaned everywhere so that their team didnt have to pay them is also an upgrade for your team.

But I dont know, Will they be enough to win Ajax ? I sure hope so. We got nothign on them , we know nothing about them, so whats the point of fighting over them.
Id say screenshot  your comment about praising djalma and biseswar and when you see your team being based on Pelkas, Mystakidis and Charisis to score, upload it and say "KOITA TI m#$%!S POU HMOUNA MIKROS".

Sherriff didnt judge you, sherriff didnt offend you, but for somehow you feld offended and wanted to fight. Too much testosterone mate. Give some to us too.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Its hard to say that these replacements are in Mak's quality when Mak gets sold for 3-3.5 mil, and these guys gets signed for what?

Why weren't clubs like lining up to sign them?   These guys were bit players for middle of the road Turkish League clubs..hardly 'cutting edge elite European football"..

Time will tell how good they are...but nobodies from the atromitos and Xanthi of Turkey is not impressive..

Pooaaahhhhh ti malakes einai afti re. Where did these two flops comes from??

I cant wait till we spank your s%$#! team with siovas and kapino and zdnijelar.....

If referring will be 50/50 your mate fourtounis will do bugger all.

Run along as your team is shitting itself to face some jew team while we are excited to face ajax.

We love football and love our team giys like you are in line with olympiacos mentality as long as we win we dont care who we play.

You guys probably dont look forward to playing big clubs.

You talk about canas and djalma but sorry who is delabella who??? And then you signed someone unknown portuguesee guy who was olayig for seville but you come on here questioning our team???

And you coach is an unknown as well i hope losing to atromitos didnt hurt to much cause its a feeling you will need to get used to from october onwards.

Your club is solely responsible for the greek national team fiasco and the lose of automatic european spots with 30m cl monies a year all you did was fund your drug dealing president to keep hes coup alive and thriving in greece.

F*** off

• Like it 1