Phantis Forums

PAOK's 2015-2016 Playoff race

Blackhawk

Well, since EPO re-scheduled the cup final for May 15, the playoff games should also be re-scheduled. However all competitions have to end on May 29 due to EURO according to UEFA rules. The way I see it is that the cup final will never get played. 

The way I see it is that the cup final will never get played.

Hmm but the cup final needs to be played or else no Europe play for greek teams. After following the league for years, my prediction is that the cup game will be scheduled during playoffs. Then, magicaly, aek will "forfeit" to concentrate on getting the other C.L. spot. Oly will walk away with another double and play group stage this season.

In a TOTALLY unrelated occurrence, Meli "finds" a couple of million euros and builds a stronger team for next year.

What do ya'll think?

The playoffs are going ahead tomorrow as planned, EPO tried to make a threat by saying they aren't assigning refs but that fell in their face. They also had Super League and Kontonis once again reject the 15th May for the kypello, they cant just schedule the kypello smack bang in the middle of the playoffs and that's after it was said the kypello has been postponed for 10 days.

Bajewy Oly need to qualify 1st for CL no guarantees for them this time and their season will start much earlier than usual roughly late June as CL qualifiers begin late July once Euro 2016 in done.....

As for Meli finding millions we all know he has it, that's not the issue, the issue is how does he get the money into AEK?

• Like it 1

Bajewy Oly need to qualify 1st for CL no guarantees for them this time and their season will start much earlier than usual roughly late June as CL qualifiers begin late July once Euro 2016 in done.....

Huh I didn't think that was going to happen until next year.

• Like it 1

According to Ivic, Rodrigues requested a sub due to fatigue. Hopefully he's not covering for an injury. Our next match is away vs Panionios on Wednesday, who we should be able to beat. If we do, we'll be in a very strong position.

As it stands, we will have some missing players:

Kace, Tziolis - cards

Jairo - injured

If I had to choose some players to be unavailable, those three would have been it anyway. I think for the next few games, this might be our most functional team, too.

--Glykos--

--Kitsiou--Malezas--Tzavellas--Leovac--

--Cimirot--Charisis--

--Rodrigues--Mistakidis--Mak--

--Klaus--

If Rodrigues ends up actually hurt, or Mak tries some m*****es, no reason Pelkas and Korovesis can't take their places as wingers. I'd like to see Mistakidis start in the middle for once, too.

Charisis seems to offer so much more than Tziolis - what do you guys think?

He's really good as an offensive midfielder, but his defense skills are lacking. He never tackles the enemy for instance.

Regardless of that, screw Tziolis. This guy only slows our game down.

Our next match is away vs Panionios on Wednesday, who we should be able to beat. If we do, we'll be in a very strong position.

I wouldn't bet my money on that. They're the only team with a good proponiti and they've crushed us a month ago with 1:3 at Nea Smyrni. Not to mention that their players were able to recover since they didn't play yesterday.

If we win, it won't be an easy win.

Btw, rumours are that our match against Panionios could be rescheduled to Friday due to exhaustion. http://www.metrosport.gr/article/etima-tou-paok-gia-allagi-meras-tou-agona-me-ton-panionio

I wouldn't bet my money on that. They're the only team with a good proponiti and they've crushed us a month ago with 1:3 at Nea Smyrni. Not to mention that their players were able to recover since they didn't play yesterday.

If we win, it won't be an easy win.

Btw, rumours are that our match against Panionios could be rescheduled to Friday due to exhaustion. http://www.metrosport.gr/article/etima-tou-paok-gia-allagi-meras-tou-agona-me-ton-panionio

Doesn't sound like we're exhausted. More that Panionios is too rested. I say we play them and hope they get cramps.

That said, I also maintain that we have the better team. As long as the players show up, we should be able to do it.

Doesn't sound like we're exhausted. More that Panionios is too rested. I say we play them and hope they get cramps.

That said, I also maintain that we have the better team. As long as the players show up, we should be able to do it.

Forget what I said about exhaustion. Our away match with Panionios has been rescheduled to next week Monday. Panionios will also play against AEK on Friday this week. Furthermore AEK has to play the Kypello final tomorrow.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/922257/vgike-programma-ton-plei

That's good news for us.

What a ###### bourdello the Superleague (and EPO) and its playoffs have become. Games are rescheduled for depending on which way the wind blows.

Now the round 6 of the playoffs will be played on either May 31 or June 1, past the UEFA deadline for EURO based players to join their respective NT teams. This affect PAOK (Mak, Sabo) and Panathinaikos (Berg). Mak and Berg are way too important players for their teams to be missing. Additionally, Greek NT players leave for Australia on June 1st. If I was PAOK, I would not give the ok for the 4 PAOK NT players to join them.

The play-offs schedule as of today (it can change at any moment):

FRI, 20-May, 20:30 GR:  AEK - Panionios  (Round 2)

MON, 23-May, 18:15 GR:  Panionios - PAOK  (Round 3)

MON, 23-May, 20:30 GR:  Panathinaikos - AEK  (Round 3)

THU, 26-May, 18:15 GR:  PAOK - Panionios (Round 4)

THU, 26-May, 20:30 GR:  AEK - Panathinaikos  (Round 4)

SUN, 29-May, 18:15 GR:  Panathinaikos - Panionios (Round 5)

SUN, 29-May, 20:30 GR:  AEK - PAOK  (Round 5)

TUE, 31-May, 20:15 GR:  PAOK - Panathinaikos  (Round 6)

TUE, 31-May, 20:15 GR: Panionios - AEK  (Round 6)

• Like it 1

Paok will be missing a lot of players now due to national team duties. Will be hard for Pao to get important points without Berg in the last game....

Actually... no. This decision is good for PAOK (at least).

Mak and Kace are the only players who will probably go to the Euro. It will be a loss, yes, but they are replaceable. We have Mystakidis as a substitute for Mak and Cimirot as a replacement for Kace.

However, Berg is not replaceable. Your team will have a much bigger disadvantage than we have, since you will lose your best player & scorer. It's unfair, but I like that to be honest.

• Like it 1

And just to add the last game of the playoffs by law cannot by played on the 31st, rules state that no game can be scheduled within 48 hours of the last game played so surely that will be played 1st June.

just start the games at 9pm

Nea Bafra, again illegal to do if you follow the correct laws, unless the game is set for 10.30pm on the 31st (48 hours from last match finished) it cannot be played on this date and will need to be played 1st June.

Also just found out 7 players selected for Greece (AEK, PAO , PAOK players) wont play in the 1st match vs the Aussies, but will be here for the 2nd match in Melbourne.....

Nea Bafra, again illegal to do if you follow the correct laws, unless the game is set for 10.30pm on the 31st (48 hours from last match finished) it cannot be played on this date and will need to be played 1st June.

Also just found out 7 players selected for Greece (AEK, PAO , PAOK players) wont play in the 1st match vs the Aussies, but will be here for the 2nd match in Melbourne.....

I was being a shifty Greek, your original statement did not say 48 hours from the end of the previous game, just cannot be scheduled and games are scheduled by their start time not their finish time.

as for the second part of your comment, no one cares about Sydney anyway.